The mentally ill world of Ayn Randists

I read Atlas Shrugged and wished I had stopped after the first 50 pages. That is because it just repeats itself a bazillion times and you pretty much get the whole point in those first 50 pages.

It's like hitting yourself over and over with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop.

Nevertheless, I have a pretty wide libertarian streak. Always have, since my days as a Young American for Freedom who personally met Ronald Reagan before he was President, and who idolized Bill Buckley.

But...I am a libertarian with common sense, and that makes all the difference. Libertarians (with a capital L) have almost no understanding of human nature or common sense.

They have a neat quiz, though, which makes them think everyone is a Libertarian. "You like ice cream? Libertarians like ice cream!"

Their quiz does not have any questions which demonstrate where their philosophy separates from the rest of the pack. You know...abolish the FDA, legalize crack cocaine, shrink the military down to the size of a cub scout troop, abolish child labor laws and all federal safety regulations. That kind of shit which actually defines Libertarianism you won't find on their quiz.

If that stuff was on the quiz, then you would know why only about 3 percent of Americans are Libertarians (capital L).

Oh, and Ayn Rand was a militant atheist.

Forum List

Back