The middle-class American family saw the largest income boost on record last year

The middle-class American family saw the largest income boost on record last year

In 2015, the median household earned $56,500, adjusted for inflation, according to the US Census Bureau (pdf). In real terms, that’s equal to a $2,800 rise compared with 2014’s median household income—growth of more than 5%.

Of course, this likely won’t influence Donald Trump much given that the GOP nominee just said the information we get about the US economy is a sham. Plus, his supporters tend to feel more economic anxiety, even though they’re generally better off than non-supporters.

For everyone else, though, today’s data suggest that America isn’t quite the hellhole of drudgery that Trump insists it is.

-------------------------------------------------

See? It's not really the economy when Republicans, who are 90% white, are talking about when they say the country is dying. When they say "take our country back", it's really about "race"

The largest income boost on record? Care to substantiate that?
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p60-256.pdf

I guess the US Census are a bunch of liars.

In 2015, the median household earned $56,500, adjusted for inflation, according to the US Census Bureau (pdf). In real terms, that’s equal to a $2,800 rise compared with 2014’s median household income—growth of more than 5%.

Of course, this likely won’t influence Donald Trump much given that the GOP nominee just said the information we get about the US economy is a sham. Plus, his supporters tend to feel more economic anxiety, even though they’re generally better off than non-supporters.

For everyone else, though, today’s data suggest that America isn’t quite the hellhole of drudgery that Trump insists it is.

See? It's not really the economy when Republicans, who are 90% white, are talking about when they say the country is dying. When they say "take our country back", it's really about "race"
How much more did YOU make in 2015 than in 2014?

Comrade Trump thinks the average American makes too much money. I am sure he hates good news like this. More money in the bank than ever before. Making more money than ever. I am good.

But alas, the world is falling apart for Comrade Trump and his cult....

With the increase in income, Joe Biden will be telling US to get more skin in the game, man.

just another lie as median household income in down
prove it
Alrdy be posted here multiple times....try to keep up.....or try to be honest at least eh

income boost from what? .Incomes have been stagnate for a long time. We also have almost 100 million working age adults out of the workforce.

If Obama's economy is really doing as great as you claim it to be doing, why has Hillary said she needs to save our economy?

Comrade Trump thinks the average American makes too much money. I am sure he hates good news like this. More money in the bank than ever before. Making more money than ever. I am good.

With the increase in income, Joe Biden will be telling US to get more skin in the game, man.
You didn't build that.

About ten grand. A couple of months ago I retired. The company had orders to downsize. I was going to retire at the end of the year anyway so I asked to be one of the ones let go and they gave me 30 weeks of full salary and insurance. Hopefully I saved someone elses job. When HR told me I was going, I was so happy. I told her I wanted to dance. She was shocked. She said everyone else cried. That will take me into the end of February. I decided not to apply for unemployment. I got two calls for job offers. I was afraid if I went on any interviews I might get hired and it was only about four hundred a week. Not enough to bother with. I tell everyone I retired. If they talk to me more than a minute I mention it. I haven't used my alarm clock since July.

The largest income boost on record? Care to substantiate that?
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p60-256.pdf

I guess the US Census are a bunch of liars.

The retarded loserterians only has lies. You'll swear that they're children of satan as all they do is lie and make shit up! Obama is kicking ass and that pisses them off.

You didn't build that.

You must be talking about what Mitt Romney said at the 2002 Olympics starting at: 1:34 - you know you didn't do it alone. It's only true when a Republican says it.

Hold it right there, Princess. The loony left brigade has been whining about the plight of the poor, downtrodden middle class for years here. Now the same loony left boasts that the avg mid-classer is not only making strides (without union help) but is making over $56,000/yr?

WTF? So which is it? Are they just the slaves of the elite or a vibrant, productive, fairly-paid part of the American economic fabric?

If you think you're doing it alone. Well, you could prove it by starting up a business in the middle of somalia? One that says fuck the pirates and sell signs of protest against them.

Come get your protest signs against the goddamn pirates!!!! See how long you last!

You didn't build that.

You must be talking about what Mitt Romney said at the 2002 Olympics starting at: 1:34 - you know you didn't do it alone. It's only true when a Republican says it.

What does that have to do with whether government is entitled to a share of the pie created by companies like Google or Apple?

income boost from what? .Incomes have been stagnate for a long time. We also have almost 100 million working age adults out of the workforce.

Oh, I see. They've been effectively stagnant for some time, and now that they've actually gone up in a real way, you're dismayed by that too. Gotcha.
incomes have been stagnate for Obama's entire term. 4 months before he leaves office, they go up a little, and you cheer like the little sheep you are:slap:

About ten grand. A couple of months ago I retired. The company had orders to downsize. I was going to retire at the end of the year anyway so I asked to be one of the ones let go and they gave me 30 weeks of full salary and insurance. Hopefully I saved someone elses job. When HR told me I was going, I was so happy. I told her I wanted to dance. She was shocked. She said everyone else cried. That will take me into the end of February. I decided not to apply for unemployment. I got two calls for job offers. I was afraid if I went on any interviews I might get hired and it was only about four hundred a week. Not enough to bother with. I tell everyone I retired. If they talk to me more than a minute I mention it. I haven't used my alarm clock since July.

More downsizing in Obama's economy..Not good

Hold it right there, Princess. The loony left brigade has been whining about the plight of the poor, downtrodden middle class for years here. Now the same loony left boasts that the avg mid-classer is not only making strides (without union help) but is making over $56,000/yr?

WTF? So which is it? Are they just the slaves of the elite or a vibrant, productive, fairly-paid part of the American economic fabric?
Sigh. No one said "average".

Median vs. Average
The median of a set of numbers is that number where half the numbers are lower and half the numbers are higher. In the case of real estate, that means that the median is the price where half the homes sold that month were cheaper, and half were more expensive.

The average of a set of numbers is the total of those numbers divided by the number of items in that set. The median and the average might be close and they might not.

It all depends on the numbers.

Example:

Here are 11 fictional home prices.

1. $100,000
  2. $101,000
  3. $102,000
  4. $103,000
  5. $104,000
  6. $105,000
  7. $106,000
  8. $107,000
  9. $650,000
  10. $1,000,000
  11. $3,000,000
The median price of these 11 homes is $105,000. Five homes were lower priced and five homes were higher priced.

The average price of these 11 homes is $498,000. That's what you get if you add up all those prices and divide by 11.

What a difference! When you are looking at home prices, make sure you know whether the numbers are averages or medians. Both numbers provide good information, but they have different implications.

Median and Average are the Same Things, Right?
--------------

Consider this a "teaching moment".

Not really. The nature of the company I worked at. I don't want to say what I did because it's possible dangerous right wingers who also live in Chicago could figure out who I am.
The company does business that supports aerospace and the auto industry. When business is good, these companies tend to spend less on R&D but when business isn't doing as well, they spend more on R&D so when business picks up, they have newer and better products to sell. It's been that way for, oh, forever. So working at a company that goes through cycles, there are times they hire more and times when they lay people off. But when they lay off workers, it's usually during a time of low unemployment, which, of course, would be the best time to be laid off if it's going to happen.
Like I said, I had two job offers without even looking. Over the years, I've had a lot of job offers. That's what comes from working in a small but highly skilled profession.

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Republicans want to fight immigrants over jobs requiring very little qualifications. To me, the obvious answer is to develop skills. To Republicans, it's fighting for the poorest paying jobs no one wants.

Sigh. No one said "average".

Median vs. Average
The median of a set of numbers is that number where half the numbers are lower and half the numbers are higher. In the case of real estate, that means that the median is the price where half the homes sold that month were cheaper, and half were more expensive.

The average of a set of numbers is the total of those numbers divided by the number of items in that set. The median and the average might be close and they might not.

It all depends on the numbers.

Example:

Here are 11 fictional home prices.

1. $100,000
  2. $101,000
  3. $102,000
  4. $103,000
  5. $104,000
  6. $105,000
  7. $106,000
  8. $107,000
  9. $650,000
  10. $1,000,000
  11. $3,000,000
The median price of these 11 homes is $105,000. Five homes were lower priced and five homes were higher priced.

The average price of these 11 homes is $498,000. That's what you get if you add up all those prices and divide by 11.

What a difference! When you are looking at home prices, make sure you know whether the numbers are averages or medians. Both numbers provide good information, but they have different implications.

Median and Average are the Same Things, Right?
--------------

Consider this a "teaching moment".

Well, if you really want to debate semantics, what you are calling "average" is actually only one type of average. :slap:

There are three types of averages: Mode, median, and mean. Your explanation is the "mean" average. A median average is that value which is falls in the middle of a data set. A mode average is the value which appears with greatest frequency in the data set.

Kindly PM me with your contact information so that I may invoice you for this tutoring session.

Not really. The nature of the company I worked at. I don't want to say what I did because it's possible dangerous right wingers who also live in Chicago could figure out who I am.
The company does business that supports aerospace and the auto industry. When business is good, these companies tend to spend less on R&D but when business isn't doing as well, they spend more on R&D so when business picks up, they have newer and better products to sell. It's been that way for, oh, forever. So working at a company that goes through cycles, there are times they hire more and times when they lay people off. But when they lay off workers, it's usually during a time of low unemployment, which, of course, would be the best time to be laid off if it's going to happen.
Like I said, I had two job offers without even looking. Over the years, I've had a lot of job offers. That's what comes from working in a small but highly skilled profession.

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Republicans want to fight immigrants over jobs requiring very little qualifications. To me, the obvious answer is to develop skills. To Republicans, it's fighting for the poorest paying jobs no one wants.
So you're comparing a niche industry to non-niche indiustries.
Dumb much?

Forum List

Back