The Moody Blues

I remember a number of times when I was a teenager, laying in bed...eyes closed... and listening to this album and loving every second of it. It is a journey. Listening to this album is never the same experience. No matter how many times you listen to it.... your mind travels to different places, whether it be memories or fantasies.

I think one of the reasons the song I posted is my favorite is because of a particular moment it time.

To this day I can remember being on the road on an early fall morning, the trees on fire with color, and the sun peeking through the canopy in spots ...
Hauling ass down the Natchez Trace without a care in the world, and the music loud enough to curl your hair.

i used to do the same thing only with headphones on and a nice buzz going.....
I have pretty severe ADD, can't do pot.
Alcohol buzz in not the kind of buzz that is conducive to "tripping" either. In fact, of course, it is the opposite.
Because of ADD, I can easily disappear into thoughts... and go way deep. One of the benefits of it.

I have pretty severe ADD, can't do pot.
Alcohol buzz in not the kind of buzz that is conducive to "tripping" either. In fact, of course, it is the opposite.
Because of ADD, I can easily disappear into thoughts... and go way deep. One of the benefits of it.
thats to bad.....that LP was a nice one to get high and kick back....

I always liked lyrics. So for me, the best song was Question. Incredible that it was conceived by a 20 year old. Way ahead of his age, and his time. When everyone else was excited about the social changes and economic growth etc. of the late 60s - Hayward was seeing something else.
Lyrics is what Moody Blues is all about...

That album was based on Haywards belief that they were on the eve of mankind's self destruction. Not in the sense of violence, but lost in modernity and greed.
He was right of course.
Hayward still tours as far as I know & his voice is as strong as ever. "Forever Autumn" although he didn't write it hits home hard for me as it reminds me of my Daighter that I lost when she was only 29. The little girl in the video reminds me of her.

Forum List

Back