The most fucked in the head opinion piece I have ever read to justify criminals.

And yet, not a single employer charged with anything yet. Let the excuses for that to begin.

Yet. They have to gather evidence before charges, proving they are hiring illegals is just one of the steps in the investigation.

Not a single employer has been charged under the Trump administration. It isn't because they can not.

You have to be kidding me hey politico THEY ARE CRIMINALS ...we are a nation of laws you numb nuts..

The ICE raids aren’t just wrong – they’re expensive

Does it make sense to spend $50,000 locking up someone for supporting her family?

This week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided seven Mississippi food processing plants and arrested 680 workers for immigration violations. The moral cost of these raids to our shared humanity is apparent in stories like that of a tearful 13-year-old boy waving goodbye to his mother or an 11-year old girl pleading for her father’s release. But some people might feel differently, believing such scenes are just the cost of enforcing our immigration laws. If that’s you, I urge you to weigh another cost instead: the sheer financial expense of such cruelty.

First, there’s lost income. ICE was created in 2003 to “protect national security and public safety after 9/11,” but this week’s raids were not about security or safety or terrorism. They targeted immigrants while they worked to support their families and our economy. Many of the arrested individuals now leave behind jobs that won’t be filled and children and spouses who now live without a family member and their associated income. Their communities and local businesses will suffer down the line. And state and local governments will lose the associated tax revenues; undocumented workers pay an estimated $12 billion a year in taxes.

Then there are the costs of enforcement and detention. ICE Acting Director Matt Albence admitted that the raids required a yearlong investigation and 600 agents to execute. The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day. Given this administration’s immigration policies, from family separation to zero tolerance to mass raids, the number of immigrants in detention is rapidly expanding, not retracting. For every person who leaves detention, another replaces them, if not two. Even using ICE’s conservative figure of $134, the cost of keeping one immigrant in detention is almost $50,000 per year. The detention expense alone for the group detained on Wednesday is approximately $100,000 a day, $3 million per month, and $36 million a year. Given that more raids are coming, these costs are only going to go up.

They committed a misdemeanor. You don't lock up jaywalkers. Their children are going into foster care - that costs over a thousand dollars per month, per child, for the rest of their childhood. ICE incarceration costs $700 per day, per person.

This is just another way for Trump to separate families and terrorize children since court orders won't allow him to do this to refugees.

If they're working using false or stolen documents, that's a felony. Stop trying to minimize their criminal activity.

You have to be kidding me hey politico THEY ARE CRIMINALS ...we are a nation of laws you numb nuts..

Does it make sense to spend $50,000 locking up someone for supporting her family?

This week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided seven Mississippi food processing plants and arrested 680 workers for immigration violations. The moral cost of these raids to our shared humanity is apparent in stories like that of a tearful 13-year-old boy waving goodbye to his mother or an 11-year old girl pleading for her father’s release. But some people might feel differently, believing such scenes are just the cost of enforcing our immigration laws. If that’s you, I urge you to weigh another cost instead: the sheer financial expense of such cruelty.

First, there’s lost income. ICE was created in 2003 to “protect national security and public safety after 9/11,” but this week’s raids were not about security or safety or terrorism. They targeted immigrants while they worked to support their families and our economy. Many of the arrested individuals now leave behind jobs that won’t be filled and children and spouses who now live without a family member and their associated income. Their communities and local businesses will suffer down the line. And state and local governments will lose the associated tax revenues; undocumented workers pay an estimated $12 billion a year in taxes.

Then there are the costs of enforcement and detention. ICE Acting Director Matt Albence admitted that the raids required a yearlong investigation and 600 agents to execute. The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day. Given this administration’s immigration policies, from family separation to zero tolerance to mass raids, the number of immigrants in detention is rapidly expanding, not retracting. For every person who leaves detention, another replaces them, if not two. Even using ICE’s conservative figure of $134, the cost of keeping one immigrant in detention is almost $50,000 per year. The detention expense alone for the group detained on Wednesday is approximately $100,000 a day, $3 million per month, and $36 million a year. Given that more raids are coming, these costs are only going to go up.

They committed a misdemeanor. You don't lock up jaywalkers. Their children are going into foster care - that costs over a thousand dollars per month, per child, for the rest of their childhood. ICE incarceration costs $700 per day, per person.

This is just another way for Trump to separate families and terrorize children since court orders won't allow him to do this to refugees.

If they're working using false or stolen documents, that's a felony. Stop trying to minimize their criminal activity.

It's a felony either way for the employer.

Mexican doctors are NOT in fact welcomed. They're told their training is inadequate and they must go back to school and get proper training, and be re-llicensed. This is true of all of the professions. Doctors. lawyers, engineers, accountants. The white professionals have blocked immigrants from just walking in and joining the club.

If their training does not meet U.S standards then that's completely justified. The point I was making is people immigrating here should be adding to our society, not taking from it. Be productive enough to pay into the federal income tax or figure something else out. It has nothing to do with skin color. I don't want useless Canadians, Europeans or Asians immigrating here either. Calling me racist is just a weak ass way of shutting down a debate you can't win. Oh, and I noticed you avoided the rest of my post and opted to focus on the one detail you could nitpick at. You have no real argument.

It's a felony either way for the employer.

I can't speak for the rest of these dudes, but in addition to sending the illegals home I agree that the people that employ them should be penalized. They know they're hiring illegals and the illegals won't stop trying to come here as long as employment is available. This is a problem that must be tackled from more than one angle.

And yet, not a single employer charged with anything yet. Let the excuses for that to begin.

Yet. They have to gather evidence before charges, proving they are hiring illegals is just one of the steps in the investigation.

How could ICE raid in the first place, unless they had evidence of undocumented workers there?

So? Your 'nation of laws' thinks it's fine and dandy to rob people, dismember babies, and incinerate cats. These evil acts being well within the Government's permission to do, does that make it ethical in your eyes as well?

The average person also commits three felonies every day. Would it be fine and dandy to kidnap and imprison all of those people? The point here is that laws are completely arbitrary, and saying "we're a nation of laws" is nothing but empty words.

Not a single employer has been charged under the Trump administration. It isn't because they can not.

Perhaps you should do some research before telling such a obvious lie.

Feds: Only 11 Employers Prosecuted for Hiring Illegal Aliens in Last Year

They would be returning to where they came from in less than a week if it wasn't for all the leftwing obstructionist judges who are doing everything possible to stop Trump from enforcing out immigration laws. The costs you speak of were created by douchebags like you who support illegal immigration.

Every human being is precious and priceless and deserves our respect, at least!
Exactly, they should be respectfully put in a holding cage, processed, and then respectfully bussed by the millions back to Squatemala.

I'm all for flying them back and kicking em out of the plane at ten thousand feet....with ten % of the parachutes being dirty laundry.
Lets see how many want to play the illegal immigration lottery after that.

they are not criminals. there is no express immigration clause. their case has to be adjudicated once the US has jurisdiction.

i dont have conversations with people who hate america!

Oh how convenient for you. It seems more like you just have no way to deal with what I said. Your stance is illogical and if we did things your way it would cripple the nation.
El Paso is the safest city in america not despite of immigrants but BECAUSE OF THEM. that's why it's being attacked by people like you, because you dont want to celebrate the racial deliciousness of america!

we have so many delicious opportunities to celebrate our diversity, and i wont have people like you prevent us from doing it!

Oh, so now I'm like the El Paso shooter. Interesting...

So are you going to address the posts where I completely dismantled your position? No? I mean, I know you can't, but I'm not going to let it go that easily.

I'd cheerfully dismantle your arguments if I could find one. So far, all I can find is "They're criminals". There is no justification whatsoever to abusing, denigrating and destroying the lives of people who walked across an imaginary line signifying where one country ends and another begins.

If you were prosecuting white people entering illegally from Canada the way you are brown people entering from Central America, at least it wouldn't appear to be so racist and hateful, but you're not. Congratulations, the only difference between Americans and Nazi Germany, is that your government isn't carrying out the massacres themselves, they're just letting the lunatic fringe do their dirty work for them.

I also note that one of the greatest writers America has ever produced died this week and not one word from the White House. Toni Morrison is the only black woman to have every won the Nobel Prize. Not one annoucement, tweet or even a remark on the passing of America's greatest living author.

The silence is deafening.

There is no justification whatsoever to abusing, denigrating and destroying the lives of people who walked across an imaginary line signifying where one country ends and another begins.

Of course their is we have the Constitution and laws.

Yes, you do, and none of them justify abuse, attacks and destroying the lives of those who cross your border illegally.

I also notice how conservatives pivot on cue from decrying Muslim immigration, to decrying non--white immigration, to chanting "send her back". This is straight out of 1984. The ICE Raids are straight out of Nazi Germany, as are imprisoning brown people in deplorable conditions.

I'm all for flying them back and kicking em out of the plane at ten thousand feet....with ten % of the parachutes being dirty laundry.
Lets see how many want to play the illegal immigration lottery after that.

Even the pregnant ones?

are you a Christian?

67797227_10214380035750684_2779707150413332480_n.jpg

Forum List

Back