The MOTHER of ALL Flues

I can't feel your pain.....
I've never had the flu in my 51 years and I've never had a flu shot.
it's a really weird flu.... it's DRY....the lungs never get bronchitis, at least not yet, and my head is not congested either, it's hard to describe other than a choking with chemical weapons kind of feeling in my lungs...:lol: with a high fever, lack of appetite, (helping to get bathing suit ready for summer with the weight loss is only perk)

it's truly not funny...even though I laughed....
I had the Flu once, 25 years ago....flu shot every year since...including this year!

Doc said they missed getting this strain of flu, in to the shot....

Dearheart a lot depends where you are. And where the shots are coming from. My daughter when she was living in Sweden couldn't take a flue shot because hers would have been from China and was based in eggs. Being allergic to eggs BIG TIME basically would have almost killed her.

You really have to know where the shots are made and who is dispensing them. I just prefer to take my chances by not trusting anyone.

Yes, they always ask if you are allergic to eggs..

The healthcare workers at Stanford hospital have to wear a mask if they don't get the shot...I feel claustrophobic with those masks so I would rather get the shot...lol

I'm one of those happy super healthy kinda beings so when I get sick its a bad thing. When I was living in Tennessee I got a cold and my neighbor told me the fixer quicker upper would be a bit of shine. lolololol I don't t remember being sick at all....lolololol but I think I hugged a deer somewhere along the way.

lol...In my 20's I would take a cold pill and go out all night to the clubs...after a few drinks you forget that you are sick..lol

OMG someone like me. I take one gravol pill and I'm tripping. My husband has always said he loves me because I'm cheap.

Nice to meet you. I always knew there was a reason I liked you despite being liberal. :)

Haaaa... too funny..I have always liked you too.

Why get a flu shot when the BEAST OF ALL BEASTS flu protection, is not in the flu shot??

The hubby caught it first and the s.o.b. (not really an sob but right now he is :)) gave it to me, he's had it 9 days and is still running a high fever, he's missed a week of work so far....the prescript the doc gave him is doing nothing.... i've been running 102.3 fever for 5 days, can not breathe,it's a choking kind of thing in the lungs, just horrible.... plus stomach problems which he's had too.... I'm telling ya, if an elderly person or a child got this thing, they'd be dead imo, or damn near it....

Honestly, the way it is piercing and strangles your breathing, and chokes you...it's some kind of biological warfare weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It is Gosh Awful!

This year's flu shot was worthless!

Sorry to hear you two are so sick & hope you feel better soon.

We don't get the flu shot here. Hubs has never had the flu ever, but I have in the past. Haven't had it in years though. I don't trust it just for some of the same reasons...they make the ingredients for whatever type of flu they think will hit that year. Often it's something else and the shot is useless....so why bother?
Also they use a mild form of the flu,,,to treat the flu. Hmmmmm, NO

Why get a flu shot when the BEAST OF ALL BEASTS flu protection, is not in the flu shot??

The hubby caught it first and the s.o.b. (not really an sob but right now he is :)) gave it to me, he's had it 9 days and is still running a high fever, he's missed a week of work so far....the prescript the doc gave him is doing nothing.... i've been running 102.3 fever for 5 days, can not breathe,it's a choking kind of thing in the lungs, just horrible.... plus stomach problems which he's had too.... I'm telling ya, if an elderly person or a child got this thing, they'd be dead imo, or damn near it....

Honestly, the way it is piercing and strangles your breathing, and chokes you...it's some kind of biological warfare weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It is Gosh Awful!

Yeah, sometimes they miss the strain. Sucks...I haven't had the flu since the late 1970's. I started flu shots in the military and have continued them to good effect.

Get better soon. Plenty fluids and all that jazz....

Hot toddy!!! Lots of recipes on google. I got my flu shot so I hope I don't get what you have.

We don't get the flu shot here. Hubs has never had the flu ever, but I have in the past. Haven't had it in years though. I don't trust it just for some of the same reasons...they make the ingredients for whatever type of flu they think will hit that year. Often it's something else and the shot is useless....so why bother?
Actually, no. The flu shot is not a live virus. It contains dead virus cells that your immune system reacts to and forms the correct antibodies. Provided they get the strain correct.

You would need to sleep in separate bedrooms and leave the windows open to continuously vent in order to prevent catching the flu from your spouse.

Same with a kid who is sick too.

When theyre sick they should stay in the bedroom with the bathroom and not come out for several days until they are over it.

It's called quarantine. No other way to prevent a virus from spreading.

The flu shot worked for me.

I did not get sick from it once this year.

And my insurance paid for it. Free.

it's a really weird flu.... it's DRY....the lungs never get bronchitis, at least not yet, and my head is not congested either, it's hard to describe other than a choking with chemical weapons kind of feeling in my lungs...:lol: with a high fever, lack of appetite, (helping to get bathing suit ready for summer with the weight loss is only perk)

You can lose 2 lbs per day not eating when you have the flu.

That's the only really good part.

Actually, no. The flu shot is not a live virus. It contains dead virus cells that your immune system reacts to and forms the correct antibodies. Provided they get the strain correct.

I still don't want it though

holy crap! you are a female???? I had no idea, until your very last comment! only a female would think that way! :) or an xtra sensitive guy??

Nobody wants it.

But it is Nature's population control over old people.

Many old old people die from the flu.

holy crap! you are a female???? I had no idea, until your very last comment! only a female would think that way! :)
Guys go on diets too.

Not just the babes.

I still don't want it though
That is your right.

Flu shots are only sixty percent effective anyway. And we have different strains coming in from all over. I got H1n1 the year I had a shot...and it was bad. A couple of years later I got another one and I had terrible bronchial spasms and breathing issues for 18 months, and still have lingering issues. Flu is a killer, always has been, still is.

I got the shot. Every year since 2000. No flu. Haven't had the flu since the 90s.

We have a mixed household where flu shots are concerned. She is required to have one. I don't get one.

Both of us got nailed this year. Both were out for almost 2 weeks. Worst flu I have had in my life.

Forum List

Back