The National Debt: Mortgaging our Future.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Thread is Completed.

WHAT IS NEED IN AMERICA:
An Honest Discussion about the Unsustainabilty of Our National Debt and Deficits.
An Open Debate about the SIZE and ROLE of our Federal Government.
A Realization that America's Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability CANNOT be subject to the Politics of the Next Election Cycle.
An Understanding that in order to solve the Long Term Fiscal Crisis f our National Debt, SHARED SACRIFICE must be made by the American people.

What is the National Debt?

National Debt: The money burrowed by the Federal Government of United States through issuing of securities by the Treasury and other federal government agencies. Consists of the debt held by the PUBLIC and Intragovernmental Debt .

National Priorities Project: Democratizing the Federal Budget

2013usfiscalpolicy.png

More than 50% of the budget (58%) is spent on Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid. Social Security alone is self funded, but the costs we put into Medicare/Medicaid are terrible considering how poor our nation's health rates in comparison to other first world nations. We pay the most and get the least. Healthcare should not be "for profit" unless you are the doctor/nurse yourself. The middleman and intense malpractice insurance fees need to go. This is one of the few industries that must be nationalized for fiscal sustainability. Nationalization can lead towards the slippery slope of communism, so this would National Health Care would need to be constructed in a way that prevents that slippery slope (Constitutionally Amended). It also needs to remain a highly profitable practice for doctors themselves, otherwise there will be no incentive to be a doctor.

On the issue of Social Security, it is self funded, so it's not a problem. A few minor adjustments will keep it solvent.

Our military spending is out of control. One it's more than the spending of many first world nations combined (including China). Two: Large standing armies are a threat to liberty. Unless the United States is going to be INVADED, we should severely reduce the military budget and size.

THE INTEREST IS THE TICKING TIME BOMB (more on this later). In comparison, things that you would think are important, like Education, Transportation and Science are less than 6% combined.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

http://www.gao.gov/financial/fy2011/11guide.pdf

A Snapshot of the Government Financial Position and Condition:
snapshotfoliabilties.png

THIS IS JUST PLAIN DISGUSTING. CAN ANYONE DO ARITHMETIC IN WASHINGTON DC!!!

Just look how much the Government has STOLEN from Social Security!

Entitlement Liabilities: Social Insurance Future Expenditures in EXCESS of future revenues.
Dollars in Billions XXXXXX--2012--XXXXXX--2011--XXXXX--Increase/Decrease $ ; %
SS (OASDI) XXXXXXXXX--11,287--XXXXXX 9,157 XXXXX-- 2,131 ; 23%
MEDICARE(A,B,C,D) XXX -- 27,174--XXXXX--24,572 XXXX-- 2,602 ; 11%
OtherXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -- 102 --XXXXXXX-- 101 XXXXX-- 1 ; 1%
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Total Social Insurance Expenditures: 38,554 XXX-- 33,830 XXX -- 4,724 ; 14%

Last edited:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/05/news/economy/national-debt-interest/index.htm
interestondebt.png

This is the TICKING TIME BOMB. Interest ALONE will EQUAL than the DEFENSE Budget by 2016 and SUPRASS it by 2017.

Interest is a money government pays FOR NO SERVICE IN RETURN.

We have a crumbling US infrastructure. Even if America had an Infrastructure Plane, it would have NO way to pay it. The US needs a Capital Budget to save itself.

How can the United States ever modernize to MODERN HIGH SPEED RAIL or FUCK EVEN LEAD THE WORLD INSTEAD OF CATCHING UP in infrastructure?

2017doom.png

Interest will exceed 1 TRILLION each year by 2022

Last edited:
The End of Federalism: The Federal Government controls all the purses of all 50 States.

feudalism.png

The Progressives achieved this mission in 2011, a 98 year battle to kill Federalism since the passage of the 17th Amendment (How we elected Senators) in 1913.

Forget State Sovereignty for a moment, how about National Sovereignty?

China owns 14.1% of the debt

Japan owns 8.2%
The UK owns 5.1%

BUT THE WORST?

THE PEOPLE OWN 16.4% BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS STEALING FROM SOCIAL SECURITY.

(this doesn't include that the Federal Reserve owns 42.8%, which is a TRAVESTY and WILL KILL THE US DOLLAR).

Here are some very sad GDP projections:
sadgdp.png

Projection of the Debt:
debtprojection.png

Last edited:
Why do we borrow from other nations when we could be leading to them and significantly lower the tax burden on our people? Wouldn't it be a much better alternative than working to pay them through interest and with international government aid?

Jeremy Grantham agrees with Paul Krugman on Debt and so do many other smart people if you phrase things correctly. After all 'debt' is only an accounting term.
The economy is extremely difficult. The debt, in the long run, is not as significant as people think. How you manage debt is an art form. Whether you do it this year or next year, whether you spread these things out, how high is too high – I have not spent my career on those areas.

I feel – I guess – that it's substantially too high. I guess that you shouldn't try to make it low in a hurry, but you should have a 20-year plan to chip away.

We've gotten ourselves into a bit of a rathole, and we should be careful getting out of it, but it is not the overwhelming thing that will dominate our future.

What it does is it distracts us from the real world. Debt is an accounting world. It's paper. The real world is the quantity and quality of your people and the quantity and quality of your capital spending.

Are you building new machines? Are you being inventive? Are you training your people? Is your high school system delivering the same education that it used to relative to the South Koreans and relative to the Norwegians?

No, it's not.

We should worry more about the real world and less about the paper world. And somehow we're in this death grip that only paper things matter. And so there's much too little attention spent on education, training, capital spending – finding a way to beef it up.

And also, I'd rather stimulate the economy directly through government spending than I would like to play games with the monetary system and games with the interest rate, inflicting great wounds on retirees and so on, and transferring wealth to people who won't spend it.

We're transferring wealth from the poor to the rich by keeping interest rates low. I'm not even sure the economy gains at all by a low interest rate, and furthermore, no one has established convincingly that it's a good idea.

It's a tradition that it's a good idea. And that's not the same. We've had lots of traditions, like that the market would look after itself – that people wouldn't be crooks because economic theory assumes that they're not.

But they often were crooks, and greedy, and short-term oriented, and willing to dance until the music stopped – although, as Soros said, the music had actually stopped long before.

Jeremy Grantham's Charlie Rose Preview - Business Insider

Whatever we'll be long gone and the next generation will be having the same conversation we're having now. Or am I wrong :confused::confused::confused:

WRONG

The US dollar will collapse under this pressure, you wont' recognize the US in the next generation.

Do you recognize the US of the 90's, 80's, 70's, or 60's these days? No. And all of them complained about the dollar. We have a fantastic climate, bordered by oceans, tons of natural resources...

But nvm I'm sure our collapse is imminent.

Even Morning Joe agreed we need to spend more now.

1) You should at least state it properly, let me edit the sentence:

"Even Morning Joe agreed we need to BURROW more now."

Our main form of burrowing is the Federal Reserve PRINTING MONEY.

How long do you think that can sustain itself before hyperinflation?

How long? No one knows and no one is proposing whatever it is your mind imagines

Whatever we'll be long gone and the next generation will be having the same conversation we're having now. Or am I wrong :confused::confused::confused:

I sincerely hope we will fix the problem for them long before then.

Oh please, the future generation(S) will be okay as far as the debt goes. Too bad you nuts aren't as concerned about the resources and environment we leave them with

I sincerely hope we will fix the problem for them long before then.

Oh please, the future generation(S) will be okay as far as the debt goes. Too bad you nuts aren't as concerned about the resources and environment we leave them with

We are. Corporations are DESTROYING THE ENVIRONMENT.

However, you're obviously one of the Democrat Sheep who are JUST AS BAD as the the Republican Sheep. Both parties are corporate run.

How long? No one knows and no one is proposing whatever it is your mind imagines

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article38741.html

Apparently the US government thinks it. Have you seen how much ammunition the DHS has purchased in preparation for civil unrest?

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article38741.html

Apparently the US government thinks it. Have you seen how much ammunition the DHS has purchased in preparation for civil unrest?

Why do you think they are desperate to disarm us?

Jeremy Grantham agrees with Paul Krugman on Debt and so do many other smart people if you phrase things correctly. After all 'debt' is only an accounting term.
The economy is extremely difficult. The debt, in the long run, is not as significant as people think. How you manage debt is an art form. Whether you do it this year or next year, whether you spread these things out, how high is too high – I have not spent my career on those areas.

I feel – I guess – that it's substantially too high. I guess that you shouldn't try to make it low in a hurry, but you should have a 20-year plan to chip away.

We've gotten ourselves into a bit of a rathole, and we should be careful getting out of it, but it is not the overwhelming thing that will dominate our future.

What it does is it distracts us from the real world. Debt is an accounting world. It's paper. The real world is the quantity and quality of your people and the quantity and quality of your capital spending.

Are you building new machines? Are you being inventive? Are you training your people? Is your high school system delivering the same education that it used to relative to the South Koreans and relative to the Norwegians?

No, it's not.

We should worry more about the real world and less about the paper world. And somehow we're in this death grip that only paper things matter. And so there's much too little attention spent on education, training, capital spending – finding a way to beef it up.

And also, I'd rather stimulate the economy directly through government spending than I would like to play games with the monetary system and games with the interest rate, inflicting great wounds on retirees and so on, and transferring wealth to people who won't spend it.

We're transferring wealth from the poor to the rich by keeping interest rates low. I'm not even sure the economy gains at all by a low interest rate, and furthermore, no one has established convincingly that it's a good idea.

It's a tradition that it's a good idea. And that's not the same. We've had lots of traditions, like that the market would look after itself – that people wouldn't be crooks because economic theory assumes that they're not.

But they often were crooks, and greedy, and short-term oriented, and willing to dance until the music stopped – although, as Soros said, the music had actually stopped long before.

Jeremy Grantham's Charlie Rose Preview - Business Insider

This is ignorance on an unimaginable level. It's literally like being on your deathbed infested with cancer and declaring that you just need a 10lbs injection of cancer to solve the problem.

When the money runs out (and it has), you go bankrupt. It really is that simple.

Forum List

Back