the new job numbers

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
US employers add 165K jobs; rate falls to 7.5 pct.: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

U.S. employers added 165,000 jobs in April, and hiring was much stronger in the previous two months than the government first estimated. The job increases helped reduce the unemployment rate from 7.6 percent to a four-year low of 7.5 percent.

The report Friday from the Labor Department was a reassuring sign that the U.S. job market is improving despite higher taxes and government spending cuts that took effect this year.

The government revised up its estimate of job gains in February and March by a combined 114,000. It now says employers added 332,000 jobs in February and 138,000 in March. The economy has created an average of 208,000 jobs a month
from November through April — above the 138,000 added in the previous six months.

Imagine where would would be now if the republican party didnt try to ruin the recovery at every turn

• Banned
"This is a good report," said John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo. "There's a lot of strength... It's good for the economy. It's good for people's income."

The stronger job growth suggests that the federal budget cutting "does not mean recession," Silvia said. "It does not mean a dramatic slowdown."

Stock futures rose immediately after the jobs report was released at 8:30 a.m. Eastern time. Dow Jones industrial futures rose 113 points to 14,873.

US employers add 165K jobs; rate falls to 7.5 pct.: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

• Banned
your going to have to face these numbers folks.

they will be talked about all day

• Banned
but TM these facts are just too scary

how will the republican party live with the Americans peopel doing well?

it will break their little AQ lovin hearts

These jobs numbers are positive but not all that great.

The Total Un-Adjusted Employment to Population Ratio (LNU02300000) is shown on the chart in Red.
The Seasonally Adjusted Civilian Employment to Population Ratio (EMRATIO) is shown on the chart in Blue.

fredgraph.png

• Banned
yeah we made headway.

a con answered and even looked at the facts here.

• Banned

The Total Un-Adjusted Employment to Population Ratio (LNU02300000) is shown on the chart in Red.
The Seasonally Adjusted Civilian Employment to Population Ratio (EMRATIO) is shown on the chart in Blue.

fredgraph.png

you are breaking the rules of this site by not linking to the source of this information.

LINK??????

I don't really care to work, I am forced by my addictions to my comforts, needs and wants. Someday I shall rebel and squash my tyranny over myself. Isn't that called death!?

fredgraph.png

you are breaking the rules of this site by not linking to the source of this information.

LINK??????

TM if you Right Click on the Image a Menu will pop down. Left Click on Copy Image Location. Paste it. http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=i2U

I don't really care to work, I am forced by my addictions to my comforts, needs and wants. Someday I shall rebel and squash my tyranny over myself. Isn't that called death!?

take another xanex

Part Time Jobs looking real good in this Economy. You should be proud. One step closer to crashing the Health Industry.

Would you object if in the mean time we all chipped in and got you a pair of suspenders? :) :eusa_whistle:

Part Time Jobs looking real good in this Economy. You should be proud. One step closer to crashing the Health Industry.

do you and AQ have a contract to distroy the hope of the American people?

I suggest you get a lawyer and remover yourself from the contract.

the consumer numbers are up too bud

fredgraph.png

LINK??????

TM if you Right Click on the Image a Menu will pop down. Left Click on Copy Image Location. Paste it. http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=i2U

NOPE I clicked all over the thing and got nothing

then link me to their site where the damned thing is from

U.S. employers added 165,000 jobs in April, and hiring was much stronger in the previous two months than the government first estimated. The job increases helped reduce the unemployment rate from 7.6 percent to a four-year low of 7.5 percent.

The report Friday from the Labor Department was a reassuring sign that the U.S. job market is improving despite higher taxes and government spending cuts that took effect this year.

The government revised up its estimate of job gains in February and March by a combined 114,000. It now says employers added 332,000 jobs in February and 138,000 in March. The economy has created an average of 208,000 jobs a month
from November through April — above the 138,000 added in the previous six months.

Imagine where would would be now if the republican party didnt try to ruin the recovery at every turn

Imagine where we'd be if Obama hadn't been elected? We'd have recovered fully by 2010, and by now would be in an economic boom.

Last edited:
165K new jobs would be find in a Recovered Economy - but give that we never really had a recovery, it's completely in adequate.

The BLS also reports a 278K increase in those who are working Part Time For Economic Reasons...which shows that the quality of jobs being created is quite poor.

fredgraph.png

LINK??????

all this link does is give you a bigger veiw and NO link to the generating site so I can read about who and how they made the chart.

this is cheating the rules with this provided link

Forum List

Back