the new job numbers

And remember TM, the Democrat party lost 4 million voters last election thanks to Obama and your historically failed ideas.... Reps only grew by 1 million.

your going to have to face these numbers folks.

they will be talked about all day

One sad aspect of our economy are the number of unfilled jobs. Over 3.7 MILLION.

ICYMI: Jobs for skilled workers are going unfilled | Education & the Workforce Committee

The problem is we need skilled workers. Having a political party that feels suggesting getting an education is an insult to workers will only make matters worse. And even worse, they are setting a poor example for their children. Education is NOT for only snobs.

And remember TM, the Democrat party lost 4 million voters last election thanks to Obama and your historically failed ideas.... Reps only grew by 1 million.

Historically failed? Examples? :popcorn:

And make sure you add the part about Republicans blocking everything actally worked.

you are breaking the rules of this site by not linking to the source of this information.

LINK??????

TM if you Right Click on the Image a Menu will pop down. Left Click on Copy Image Location. Paste it. http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=i2U

NOPE I clicked all over the thing and got nothing

Because you are an idiot and can't follow simple direction.
Perhaps Intense should have made a Flash video to show you the whole two steps it takes to do it.

I am likely the first to post that chart at UMBC. If any nutball has posted something close to what it means it hasn't come to my attention. The grandfather of that chart was published twenty years ago and some of us knew instantly what it meant.

It meant that the filthy fucking "new economy" scum starting with Reagan had gutted the United States' ability to produce its way out of recessions. That particular chart comes from Calculated Risk's Website where its meaning can be found. It's a good bet there are not five people out of maybe a thousand or so posting in politics and economics here who can explain its larger implications in terms of "why".

EmployRecMar2013.jpg

Last edited:

Historically failed? Examples? :popcorn:

And make sure you add the part about Republicans blocking everything actally worked.

I usually don’t respond to you but I had a feeling you quoted me so I clicked to view your post. You are otherwise hidden as your on ignore, for obvious reasons.

Obama/Dems own the expansion of Afghanistan and many voted to go in. Currently Dems own the semi wars in Syria, Egypt, Pakistan, Iran and so on.
Obama/Dems own terrorist attacks due to poor boarders and a bad foreign policy.
Obama/Dems own an economy that can’t get off the ground despite 85 billion a month being handed to the rich per Obama’s approval.
Obama/Dems own massive subsidies to corporations.
Obama/Dems own 0% or near 0% tax rates for some of the most wealthy companies that they favor.
Obama/Dems own billions being stolen through taxes and then lost in “investments” in green energy.
Obama/Dems own health care costs skyrocketing and a Obamacare programs that has failed to meet a single benchmark.
Obama/Dems own the destruction of the second amendment.
Obama/Dems own the assignation of an American citizen though the expansion of the patriot act with the NDAA.
Obama/Dems own a historically shrinking labor force as more people are unemployed every single month.
Obama/Dems own being downgraded.
Obama/Dems own failed stimulus.
Obama/Dems own historic levels of debt, and growing.
The list really does go on.
Now I don’t care about TM’s list, the purpose of TM giving a list would only be to do a follow up and see where Obama/Dems expanded upon Bush/Rep era policies as Reps do with Dem policies..

Last edited:
Part Time Jobs looking real good in this Economy. You should be proud. One step closer to crashing the Health Industry.

do you and AQ have a contract to distroy the hope of the American people?

I suggest you get a lawyer and remover yourself from the contract.

the consumer numbers are up too bud

I think that you have that Destroy Liberty and Free Trade, along with the free exchange of ideas thing covered already TDM. ;)

I am likely the first to post that chart at UMBC. If any nutball has posted something close to what it means it hasn't come to my attention. The grandfather of that chart was published twenty years ago and some of us knew instantly what it meant.

It meant that the filthy fucking "new economy" scum starting with Reagan had gutted the United States' ability to produce its way out of recessions. That particular chart comes from Calculated Risk's Website where its meaning can be found. It's a good bet there are not five people out of maybe a thousand or so posting in politics and economics here who can explain its larger implications in terms of "why".

EmployRecMar2013.jpg

You're not the first person to post it - I did that long before you joined.

And I doubt you can explain it.

The new job numbers say that business has put employees on a part time basis and hired additional part time workers.

This is actually a negative employment report. We lost full time employment & gained more part time under 30 hours a week.

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation Summary April 2013

In April, the number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) increased by 278,000 to 7.9 million, largely offsetting a decrease in March. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

It meant that the filthy fucking "new economy" scum starting with Reagan had gutted the United States' ability to produce its way out of recessions.

dear, you don't even know what supply side economics is; so your pretend anger and bad language hardly seems meaningful. You're a child having tantrum, not an adult with a worthy opinion.

Why not try to put into words what economic policy is best and why, or admit as a typical liberal you lack the IQ to do so.

Generally this is a pretty decent month. Probably one of the few months where the unemployment rate didn't shrink due to people leaving the labour force. In fact, a couple of thousand people entered the labour force so that is a good thing. This is now without a couple of downsides.

1) Majority of the jobs being created are -- once again -- low skill, low paying, non-productive service sector jobs. On the type of skilled labour (where the economy needs producers), parts of the economy lost jobs.

Mining and logging: -3,000
Construction: -6,000
Manufacturing: 0

Service-Sector: +185,000
Leisure and hospitality: +43,000
Professional and business services: +73,000

2) Average hourly earnings are in trouble. This is mostly due to the decline in wage leverage most employees have, or wage deflation. A true recovery would have this line increasing, not a steadily decrease.

fredgraph.png

3) Also a big drop in weekly hours all across the board in the economy from 34.6 to 34.4. Less full time workers means less employee compensation being paid out.

"This is a good report," said John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo. "There's a lot of strength... It's good for the economy. It's good for people's income."

The stronger job growth suggests that the federal budget cutting "does not mean recession," Silvia said. "It does not mean a dramatic slowdown."

Stock futures rose immediately after the jobs report was released at 8:30 a.m. Eastern time. Dow Jones industrial futures rose 113 points to 14,873.

US employers add 165K jobs; rate falls to 7.5 pct.: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

What do you expect WellsFraco to say? They're one of the idiots who got us into this recession with their predatory lending practices in the first place. Never quote them.

These jobs numbers are positive but not all that great.

The Total Un-Adjusted Employment to Population Ratio (LNU02300000) is shown on the chart in Red.
The Seasonally Adjusted Civilian Employment to Population Ratio (EMRATIO) is shown on the chart in Blue.

fredgraph.png

you are breaking the rules of this site by not linking to the source of this information.

LINK??????

Not to quibble, but the statistics are sourced. FRED is the data base and retrieval system maintained by the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis. It's really a spectacular resource that allows you to pick data series, adjust time periods, and generates graphs. Most economic bloggers (including Krugman) use it instead of specific agency data (in this case BLS) and doing their own graphics. The data is the same.

This is actually a negative employment report. We lost full time employment & gained more part time under 30 hours a week.

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation Summary April 2013

In April, the number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) increased by 278,000 to 7.9 million, largely offsetting a decrease in March. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

Note also that U-6 made a slight uptick, supporting your observation.

I taught labor economics in the dark ages when I had to have a paper subscription to the Monthly Labor Review ($10/yr in 1972!) We have come a long way to now have FRED. I've said this before but for clarity I'll repeat it. FRED, sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis maintains a free database collection of over 72,000 series of economic and related statistics generated by 54 sources (government agencies, other publically available data series, and historical estimates). It includes an engine that generates graphs of this data. The main gateway is:

Federal Reserve Economic Data - FRED - St. Louis Fed

165K new jobs would be find in a Recovered Economy - but give that we never really had a recovery, it's completely in adequate.

The BLS also reports a 278K increase in those who are working Part Time For Economic Reasons...which shows that the quality of jobs being created is quite poor.

PROVE with facts we are not in a recovery.

that damn chart given says we are in a recovery you fool

Here you go, you vile vulgar vole:

EmployRecMar2013.jpg

A recovery without real job creation is not a Real Recovery. We are still 2% points below the peak employment prior to the Recession.

Note that this started in 2007 when a filthy fucking nutball scum was president and had been president for 6 years and had nearly doubled the national debt by then. While his hero, Reagan was well on his way to tripling the national debt after six years in office, The Bush League were basically just a bunch of neocon dumbasses elected by white trash. And you might want to get in touch with nutball central on your second to the last line; that ratty little cocksucker who bookended his presidency by shitting in his pants in panic was at least as quick to lie about economic indicators as Reagan or Obama.

But I digress...

Note the direction of the red line. That says things are getting better. That the mark is still 2% below the 2007 level tells intelligent, honest people smart enough to understand the implications of the chart that the filthy scum who broke the bank broke it wide and deep.

I will concede that Obama continues to increase the debt, but that isn't the reason for the jobs situation, and no amount of misunderstanding and lying by nutball scum can change that.

Last edited:
PROVE with facts we are not in a recovery.

that damn chart given says we are in a recovery you fool

Here you go, you vile vulgar vole:

EmployRecMar2013.jpg

A recovery without real job creation is not a Real Recovery. We are still 2% points below the peak employment prior to the Recession.

Note when this started in 2007 when a filthy fucking nutball scum was president and had been president for 6 years and had nearly doubled the national debt by then. While his hero, Reagan was well on his way to tripling the national debt after six years in office, The Bush League were basically just a bunch of neocon dumbasses elected by white trash.

But I digress...

Note the direction of the red line. That says things are getting better. That the mark is still 2% below the 2007 level tells intelligent, honest people smart enough to understand the implications of the chart that the filthy scum who broke the bank broke it wide and deep.

I will concede that Obama continues to increase the debt, but that isn't the reason for the jobs situation, and no amount of misunderstanding and lying by nutball scum can change that.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that when a person consistently and persistently spews vulgarity in lieu of an actual persuasive argument, said person is a moron.

Forum List

Back