The Next Four Years

You're making it look extremely difficult.
Tell us all how the sky is falling again.

You really area a pretentious twat, aren't you? Here's a reality check: MILLIONS of women in this country feel the exact same way CandyCorn does. I know, to you they're all hysterical, blah blah blah. But I hope you pay attention to the exit polls come November, when they all show up to vote for the dude who's shown time and again he agrees with them, and doesn't want government in their pants.

Again, men have very little true skin in this game due to biology. Si Modo is being an ass and thats fine since he has nothing to risk I suppose but there is a question that is developing about the character of a person who takes these liberties and questions others who see this as an important issue. Cute dog though.

To clear up some misinformation in the OP, Romney is not as described. Womens' rights he respects, and he's just not a sociopath who is out to destroy opportunities for women who want them in America.

I'm sorry for this misinformation being smarmed at USMB. It is not the truth.

It's on his website that he wants to overturn Roe. Is that what you're referring to?

You really area a pretentious twat, aren't you? Here's a reality check: MILLIONS of women in this country feel the exact same way CandyCorn does. I know, to you they're all hysterical, blah blah blah. But I hope you pay attention to the exit polls come November, when they all show up to vote for the dude who's shown time and again he agrees with them, and doesn't want government in their pants.
If there are millions who "feel" that way, then they are idiots for not THINKING.

I don't do emotions except when in an emotional situation.

I don't live in fear of something with little to no chance of happening.

I DO have concern for the increase to 40% of single mothers living in poverty under Obama. But, let's all get HYSTERICAL over the sky that may fall.

Negged for calling another woman the t... word.

If there are millions who "feel" that way, then they are idiots for not THINKING.

I DO have concern for the increase to 40% of single mothers living in poverty under Obama. But, let's all get HYSTERICAL over the sky that may fall.

Yet again, the Republican nominee says that he wants Roe overturned and, if elected, he could and likely would appoint justices who will do just that. Are you saying that Governor Romney is not a man of his word?

Four of the justices are over 70 y/o. Many will be replaced soon.

Yet again, the Republican nominee says that he wants Roe overturned and, if elected, he could and likely would appoint justices who will do just that. Are you saying that Governor Romney is not a man of his word?

Yes, the sky may fall. A justice may die. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then another justice may die, too. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then another one may croak. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Yet another one may croak. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then maybe another one will die. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Whew.

Then, there may be a case brought by someone fighting for some right that they already have. (How that happens, I'm not so sure, but hey, I can humor morons.)

Then, all these new justices will ignore precedent case law.

And, then the sky may fall.

Wow, I'm so askeered.

Yes, the sky may fall. A justice may die. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then another justice may die, too. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then another one may croak. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Yet another one may croak. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Then maybe another one will die. A justice who doesn't know the difference among the branches may be nominated. The Senate may confirm such a justice.

Whew.

Then, there may be a case brought by someone fighting for some right that they already have. (How that happens, I'm not so sure, but hey, I can humor morons.)

Wow, I'm so askeere

Justices can also retire by the way....you do not seem to be up on politics on the federal level so maybe you didn't know that.

Anyway, Romney wants to overturn Roe. Obama wants to "preserve, protect, and defend" a woman's reproductive choice.

If you value that choice as well, you should vote for Obama in this upcoming election.

Still, a cute dog.

Whew.

Wow, I'm so askeere

Justices can also retire by the way....you do not seem to be up on politics on the federal level so maybe you didn't know that.

Anyway, Romney wants to overturn Roe. Obama wants to "preserve, protect, and defend" a woman's reproductive choice.

If you value that choice as well, you should vote for Obama in this upcoming election.

Still, a cute dog.
And I want to win the Power Ball.

About the same chances of either happening, but do continue with your hysterics. It's funny to watch.

You're so afraid.

Negged for calling another woman the t... word.

What twatty thing to do, you twat.

Whew.

Wow, I'm so askeere

Still, a cute dog.

To be clear...Romney CANNOT overturn Roe. What you mean to say (I hope) is that you think Romney will appointed justices who, if a Roe-based decision comes to the USSC, will vote to overturn Roe. So that means that you think Romney will only appoint people who will overturn Roe if the opportunity presents, that the Senate will confirm those justices, and that a case will come before the court which will provide them an opportunity to overturn the decision. Does that about sum things up?

That is my problem. Romney can say he's opposed to Roe all he wants. That does not mean that it will be overturned if he is elected. There has been plenty of rhetoric about abortion and Roe v Wade in politics and elections; I do not recall anything that would indicate it has been close to being overturned any time in recent history. Unless you can provide more than a single quote from Romney's website and a bunch of rhetoric and wild speculation, you really are yelling about the sky falling.

Perhaps the most important part of this whole silly thread is the evidence of how little people believe in the integrity of the supreme court. It's all about politics and nothing to do with law; the justices will all, apparently, vote based on political affiliation rather than their honest opinion of the constitution. Just another example of why I trust neither politicians nor the people who vehemently support/oppose one party.

One last thing. Saying that those who want to 'protect a woman's right to choose' will vote for Obama, and if they don't support it they will vote for Romney, is as disingenuous as saying those who want to 'protect the lives of children' will vote for Romney and those who don't will vote for Obama. If you have to make these claims, at least you could try not to use the same tired language to demonize those with different opinions.

And just so you know, I am a supporter of the right to abortion.

Whew.

Wow, I'm so askeere

Still, a cute dog.

To be clear...Romney CANNOT overturn Roe. What you mean to say (I hope) is that you think Romney will appointed justices who, if a Roe-based decision comes to the USSC, will vote to overturn Roe. So that means that you think Romney will only appoint people who will overturn Roe if the opportunity presents, that the Senate will confirm those justices, and that a case will come before the court which will provide them an opportunity to overturn the decision. Does that about sum things up?

That is my problem. Romney can say he's opposed to Roe all he wants. That does not mean that it will be overturned if he is elected. There has been plenty of rhetoric about abortion and Roe v Wade in politics and elections; I do not recall anything that would indicate it has been close to being overturned any time in recent history. Unless you can provide more than a single quote from Romney's website and a bunch of rhetoric and wild speculation, you really are yelling about the sky falling.

Perhaps the most important part of this whole silly thread is the evidence of how little people believe in the integrity of the supreme court. It's all about politics and nothing to do with law; the justices will all, apparently, vote based on political affiliation rather than their honest opinion of the constitution. Just another example of why I trust neither politicians nor the people who vehemently support/oppose one party.

One last thing. Saying that those who want to 'protect a woman's right to choose' will vote for Obama, and if they don't support it they will vote for Romney, is as disingenuous as saying those who want to 'protect the lives of children' will vote for Romney and those who don't will vote for Obama. If you have to make these claims, at least you could try not to use the same tired language to demonize those with different opinions.

Yes, this sort of fear-mongering works real well for the Democrats. Oh, wait........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63h_v6uf0Ao]Lyndon Johnson - Daisy - YouTube[/ame]

Don't you EVER send me another profane note for calling you on demeaning women at USMB.

Whew.

Wow, I'm so askeere

Still, a cute dog.

Yes. Exactly Right.
Well, those who would fund an attempt at overturn Roe by supporting the legal fight up the court structure wouldn't want to waste their money (or risk a more concrete ruling along the way) since the court is decidedly pro-choice for one thing.

For another thing, the GOP should gain control of the Senate this fall. Thus paving the way to have more conservative justices appointed.

Perhaps the most important part of this whole silly thread is the evidence of how little people believe in the integrity of the supreme court. It's all about politics and nothing to do with law; the justices will all, apparently, vote based on political affiliation rather than their honest opinion of the constitution.
I firmly believe that men and women of good conscience can have spirited debate and honest disagreements totally outside of politics. I called what's-his-name batshit crazy comparing conservatives to terrorists....I called Conservaderp (sp?) out on calling you guys "pieces of shit".

Do I think Romney will appoint Rush Limbugh? No. Do I think he'll appoint hard working decent men/women like himself whom feel Roe must be overturned? Yes. Political affiliation or not...
Just another example of why I trust neither politicians nor the people who vehemently support/oppose one party.
Same here.

I don't think I characterized it like that. If you want to preserve a woman's right to choose, the choice is clear. Not saying that Obama will get the votes of all who do or Governor Romney will get the votes of those who do not........

If I did, I'm sorry but there is a choice to make.

Face it; the economy is in the crapper. Picking Romney because he will cut entitlements here and cut taxes there or picking Obama because he will increase entitlement here and raise taxes there is not going to move the needle in this country one bit. Congress is in gridlock.

One wants to preserve Roe.
One wants to overturn Roe.

Maybe you don't think this is an overly important distinction on the level of

One loves green beans.
One hates green beans.

I happen to think it IS important so I started this thread on it to highlight the differences in the two men and what they believe in. If you can take them at their word and that is all you can do right now...you've got to believe that there is a difference.

Sorry you think it's silly. I disagree.

Do I think Romney will appoint Rush Limbugh? No. Do I think he'll appoint hard working decent men/women like himself whom feel Roe must be overturned? Yes. Political affiliation or not...

Romney doesn't believe in a right to privacy. It's a foregone conclusion that any judge he would nominate would be a disaster.

Don't you EVER send me another profane note for calling you on demeaning women at USMB.
He's in a war on women, I suppose.

Irrational fear makes folks do funny things. This thread is a perfect example.

I soooooo askeered.

Aww. I offended the twat.

Forum List

Back