The Next Four Years

Mitt doesn't believe Americans have a right to privacy. Obama does.

You do understand, don't you, that under Obama, your last bowel movement is no longer private if you share information about it with your doctor in 2014, right? No subpoena, no warrent... your medical records are in the hands of bureaucrats. Get an STD? Treatment for depression, drug addiction, or ED?... all there for whatever government-appointed lackey HHS chooses to give access to, and for whatever purpose Congress chooses in the future.

Privacy? Yeah, BARACK OBAMA... the "privacy" president. :eusa_whistle:

yep, and guess what is the most dangerous identity theft is in America today? Yep, Medical Theft and when our records go online, would you say our identity would be more likely to be compromised or less?

Privacy is a myth, and it will get worse now that our medical conditions go online.

To bad the Obama administration never thought of this problem.

Mitt doesn't believe Americans have a right to privacy. Obama does.

You do understand, don't you, that under Obama, your last bowel movement is no longer private if you share information about it with your doctor in 2014, right? No subpoena, no warrent... your medical records are in the hands of bureaucrats. Get an STD? Treatment for depression, drug addiction, or ED?... all there for whatever government-appointed lackey HHS chooses to give access to, and for whatever purpose Congress chooses in the future.

Privacy? Yeah, BARACK OBAMA... the "privacy" president. :eusa_whistle:

yep, and guess what is the most dangerous identity theft is in America today? Yep, Medical Theft and when our records go online, would you say our identity would be more likely to be compromised or less?

Privacy is a myth, and it will get worse now that our medical conditions go online.

To bad the Obama administration never thought of this problem.

they did they just dont care. big difference.

Tell us all how the sky is falling again.

You really area a pretentious twat, aren't you? Here's a reality check: MILLIONS of women in this country feel the exact same way CandyCorn does. I know, to you they're all hysterical, blah blah blah. But I hope you pay attention to the exit polls come November, when they all show up to vote for the dude who's shown time and again he agrees with them, and doesn't want government in their pants.
Don't you EVER send me another profane note for calling you on demeaning women at USMB.

Ah shuddup, ya dumb twat. You're just a slightly more articulate version of Stephanie, the dumbest twat on the board.

You really area a pretentious twat, aren't you? Here's a reality check: MILLIONS of women in this country feel the exact same way CandyCorn does. I know, to you they're all hysterical, blah blah blah. But I hope you pay attention to the exit polls come November, when they all show up to vote for the dude who's shown time and again he agrees with them, and doesn't want government in their pants.
Don't you EVER send me another profane note for calling you on demeaning women at USMB.

Ah shuddup, ya dumb twat. You're just a slightly more articulate version of Stephanie, the dumbest twat on the board.

Can you believe he dumb twat actually had a mod edit my comment I tagged et neg-rep with? That's something only a twat would do right?

If you're a woman who values the ability to make reproductive choices on your own, you should vote for the President since he is committed to letting you keep your right to make that choice.
To clear up some misinformation in the OP, Romney is not as described. Womens' rights he respects, and he's just not a sociopath who is out to destroy opportunities for women who want them in America. when I was transferring that to here, I noticed it used odd typesetting, as if it had been listed from a talking points menu and delivered here by a DNC party operative.

Furthermore, you may not care for the kind of pro-communist judges Obama would instill into the nation's Supreme Court. If you value the Bill of Rights, you will not let Obama do this selecting for your fellow Americans. They're out to One World this free nation to servitude to any nutcase who convinces the majority of the world's muslims America needs to be taught a lesson. Don't you let him do that.

I'm sorry for this misinformation being smarmed at USMB. It is not the truth.

Romney lies as easily as he draws breath. he lies when there's no reason to. Even when corrected, he continues to lie.

Looks like a sociopath to me.

If you're a woman who values the ability to make reproductive choices on your own, you should vote for the President since he is committed to letting you keep your right to make that choice.
To clear up some misinformation in the OP, Romney is not as described. Womens' rights he respects, and he's just not a sociopath who is out to destroy opportunities for women who want them in America. when I was transferring that to here, I noticed it used odd typesetting, as if it had been listed from a talking points menu and delivered here by a DNC party operative.

Furthermore, you may not care for the kind of pro-communist judges Obama would instill into the nation's Supreme Court. If you value the Bill of Rights, you will not let Obama do this selecting for your fellow Americans. They're out to One World this free nation to servitude to any nutcase who convinces the majority of the world's muslims America needs to be taught a lesson. Don't you let him do that.

Romney lies as easily as he draws breath. he lies when there's no reason to. Even when corrected, he continues to lie.

Meh...Just a suggestion: Another's perception of what seems to be might hold more water than yours at this point.

(Or, when your lithium levels get balanced again....)

Hmmm I thought YOU were biggest twat, and you do it on a daily basis.

He really is.

His whole life shows it.

The way he treated people at Bain especially.

In the next four years, there will likely be at least 2 or 3 slots on the Supreme Court open up due to the age of the justices. Ruth Ginsberg is in questionable health and three othe justices (Kennedy, Scalia and Breyer) are all in their 70's.

It is the truth that the republican nominee has been on both sides of the abortion issue in the past. Where the nominee will end up when selecting a new justice and what litmus test he will apply to that selection is up in the air.

Even a swing of one vote could overturn Roe v. Wade. If given the opportunity, conservatives will take that chance to overturn this landmark ruling.

Just something to consider before you go into the polling place and fill out your ballot this November.

This is Candycorn and I approved this message.
[/SIZE]

Oh, this again?

You know, frankly, we've been hearing this song since Reagan, and it's getting a bit old.

There are a lot of good reasons to vote against Romney. Banning abortion isn't one of them.

If a Republican President was a sure sign of an anti-choice justice, Stevens, O'Connor, Kennedy, Souter would have all been people who voted against upholding Roe. They didn't.

Whta we've seen is that the Roberts court is very sensitive to how the media portrays it...

But let's say, the Supreme Court does overturn Roe v. Wade. so what?

The state legislatures would pass laws in fairly short order to reflect the status quo. A few backwater states like South Dakota might not, but most of them will.

Tell us all how the sky is falling again.

Again, men have very little true skin in this game due to biology. Si Modo is being an ass and thats fine since he has nothing to risk I suppose but there is a question that is developing about the character of a person who takes these liberties and questions others who see this as an important issue. Cute dog though.

The only skin us men have in the game belongs to the babies we helped create that so many women revel in choosing to destroy.

And your lame insults keep having the same effect; none.

Women should be able to make their own reproductive choices. I'm sorry you feel different and think that someone other than you or what I'm assuming will be your loved one should be able to make that choice.

If you feel that politicians should be in charge of reproductive choice, vote for Governor Romney. If not, vote for Obama.

It's that simple and it's that big.

I don't see it as one issue and if I did, it would be other issues ahead of this one. I won't for Romney because of the Supreme Court, nor will I vote against Obama because of this issue. But it is food for thought.

Really?

Governor Romney will basically be Bush's 3rd term given what Jackson has said his stances are. He wants to--stop me if you heard this--roll back any regulations, further injure organized labor and cut taxes. And if he gets 2 terms, in 2020, we'll be bailing out Wall Street for whatever shenanigans went on during the time of no regulation. We've seen this opera before...do we really need to wait for the fat lady to sing? No offense Stephanie.

Vote for someone who shares your values...if it is the Governor....thats great. God Bless you.

But if you believe that a woman should maintain her own reproductive choices, the choice is clear; President Obama should remain in office.

Who should you vote for if you believe that, even before it exits the womb, a baby is a baby?

In the next four years, there will likely be at least 2 or 3 slots on the Supreme Court open up due to the age of the justices. Ruth Ginsberg is in questionable health and three othe justices (Kennedy, Scalia and Breyer) are all in their 70's.

It is the truth that the republican nominee has been on both sides of the abortion issue in the past. Where the nominee will end up when selecting a new justice and what litmus test he will apply to that selection is up in the air.

Even a swing of one vote could overturn Roe v. Wade. If given the opportunity, conservatives will take that chance to overturn this landmark ruling.

Just something to consider before you go into the polling place and fill out your ballot this November.

[/SIZE]

Oh, this again?

You know, frankly, we've been hearing this song since Reagan, and it's getting a bit old.

There are a lot of good reasons to vote against Romney. Banning abortion isn't one of them.

If a Republican President was a sure sign of an anti-choice justice, Stevens, O'Connor, Kennedy, Souter would have all been people who voted against upholding Roe. They didn't.

Whta we've seen is that the Roberts court is very sensitive to how the media portrays it...

But let's say, the Supreme Court does overturn Roe v. Wade. so what?

The state legislatures would pass laws in fairly short order to reflect the status quo. A few backwater states like South Dakota might not, but most of them will.

Coming from the guy who won't vote for him because he's a Mormon; that's rich. Taking your rights for granted is a hubris that many women simply cannot afford but if you are to play the devil's advocate, at the very least mine is a policy matter; your reason not to vote for him is religious. If that floats your boat; fine but you're not electing a spiritual leader, you're electing a President.

Supreme court terms are incredibly long which is why you've heard this very real concern for so many years. Those terms are at the outset of ending in the next four years....4 of the justices are over 70 y/o.

He says he wants Roe overturned.
He likely would have the opportunity to do that if he becomes President.

South Dakota? Yeah, so will Texas; 14 million women (give or take) live there....do you think for a moment that Texas would not outlaw abortions? The GOP is trying to outlaw critical thinking--it's in their State Party's platform.

Can you believe he dumb twat actually had a mod edit my comment I tagged et neg-rep with? That's something only a twat would do right?

I wish they would edit out all baseless insults if you want my view of things.

Uh oh... wasn't it George H.W. Bush who hated broccoli? Boooooooooshhh!!!

Yep. I hate broccoli too. It's amazing that those that will spend their time in fear that someone might take their right to terminate their unborn's life away from them can't see the choices that they are robbed of though ObamaTax. All they can see is that someone else will take care of them just as they did when they were children.

I love steamed broccoli.

Certainly, yours is the most (What I hope is) poorly worded of all of the opposing views I've heard recently? No, I'm not asking for anyone to take care of American women; just to preserve their right to make reproductive choices.

As for the "ObamaTax"....so I guess under a Romney Administration there would be no taxes? Or maybe no regulation...Or maybe this plan or that plan or we'll reduce the $14,000,000,000,000.00 debt by 30 Billion instead of 25 Billion when he gets rid of Head Start, WIC, and other "entitlements"...that are targeted to help children?

Fiscally neither side knows what it is doing...after 30 years of seeing the partisan wrangling back and fourth, day in and day out, every single election cycle....we've had presidents of different parties, congresses headed by different parties, new Democrats, TEA party republicans, Super Committees, Budget Summits, etc... The reason nothing works is because Congress is in neutral due to politics. I think we need to re-write the Constitution to rise above it but that is for another thread....

The point is that voting on fiscal matters is a lot like spitting into the wind then deciding to duck left or right shortly thereafter.

Social issues such as abortion are the ones where there is a clear choice.

Obama wants to preserve Roe.
Romney wants Roe overturned.

It is that simple. True, Presidents do not make the decision themselves but they appoint persons who can.

Why risk it for what amounts to a different brand of crazy on the fiscal side?

Seriously?? Obama's last SC pick isn't too sure she can't force-feed you your broccoli, and we're supposed to be panic-stricken at the imminent revocation of Roe v. Wade under Romney? :lol: That's hilarious! Not even Reagan, Himself, was such a danger to "a woman's right to choose".

You may have notices (I'm guessing you didn't) that in the last 32 years, the federal government has become much more partisan. Reagan, today, would be a moderate if not considered liberal by many.

Uh oh... wasn't it George H.W. Bush who hated broccoli? Boooooooooshhh!!!

Yep. I hate broccoli too. It's amazing that those that will spend their time in fear that someone might take their right to terminate their unborn's life away from them can't see the choices that they are robbed of though ObamaTax. All they can see is that someone else will take care of them just as they did when they were children.

I love steamed broccoli.

Certainly, yours is the most (What I hope is) poorly worded of all of the opposing views I've heard recently? No, I'm not asking for anyone to take care of American women; just to preserve their right to make reproductive choices.

As for the "ObamaTax"....so I guess under a Romney Administration there would be no taxes? Or maybe no regulation...Or maybe this plan or that plan or we'll reduce the $14,000,000,000,000.00 debt by 30 Billion instead of 25 Billion when he gets rid of Head Start, WIC, and other "entitlements"...that are targeted to help children?

Fiscally neither side knows what it is doing...after 30 years of seeing the partisan wrangling back and fourth, day in and day out, every single election cycle....we've had presidents of different parties, congresses headed by different parties, new Democrats, TEA party republicans, Super Committees, Budget Summits, etc... The reason nothing works is because Congress is in neutral due to politics. I think we need to re-write the Constitution to rise above it but that is for another thread....

The point is that voting on fiscal matters is a lot like spitting into the wind then deciding to duck left or right shortly thereafter.

Social issues such as abortion are the ones where there is a clear choice.

Obama wants to preserve Roe.
Romney wants Roe overturned.

It is that simple. True, Presidents do not make the decision themselves but they appoint persons who can.

Why risk it for what amounts to a different brand of crazy on the fiscal side?
Morons are afraid of things that have a slim to none chance of happening. You must be a moron.

Obviously.

So scary!

Boo.

I am more concerned with the economy of our nation and our deficit, getting people back to work. We have a president who promised to take care of these things in the first three years of his administration and it has not happened. Instead we have seen cronyism, class warfare and scandals abound.

It's time for someone with the qualifications for leadership. Let's put the priorities straight.

If you really cared about these things you would not approve of the right wing lunatics in Washington wasting their time trying to repeal the healthcare act yet again. Or your candidate never revealing what in the hell he is going to do as president. And maybe taking to task your turtle face senator that said all of their time should be spent defeating President Obama. The GOP has done NOTHING for this country but get in the way.

You people need to put YOUR priorities straight.

Romney has clearly stated what he intends to do as president. If you don't know his intentions, it's because you don't bother to pay attention.

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

Some have been paying attention.

If you really cared about these things you would not approve of the right wing lunatics in Washington wasting their time trying to repeal the healthcare act yet again. Or your candidate never revealing what in the hell he is going to do as president. And maybe taking to task your turtle face senator that said all of their time should be spent defeating President Obama. The GOP has done NOTHING for this country but get in the way.

You people need to put YOUR priorities straight.

Romney has clearly stated what he intends to do as president. If you don't know his intentions, it's because you don't bother to pay attention.

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

Some have been paying attention.
Yes, some morons have been.

It is so rational to be afraid of something that has little chance of happening and to go on for days about that.

Skeeery. So skeery!

Chicken Little.

Again, men have very little true skin in this game due to biology. Si Modo is being an ass and thats fine since he has nothing to risk I suppose but there is a question that is developing about the character of a person who takes these liberties and questions others who see this as an important issue. Cute dog though.

The only skin us men have in the game belongs to the babies we helped create that so many women revel in choosing to destroy.

I've never met a woman who "revels" in wanting an abortion. It's usually a hard decision for most of them.

Forum List

Back