The NFL Is Losing Its Core Audience, a WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds

from this thread it looks like viewership is in the ''Trump'' shithole

I don't watch the NFL...it has sucked for years! If you must watch football watch the college games....

What would be the point? Unless you went to that college? :dunno:

Never have understood that.
For us purists, it’s about philosophy and style of play. NFL essentially legislated lots of football strategy out of its game decades ago in order to encourage passing and appeal to an easily titillated clientele.

It'll be interesting to see what the Super Bowl ratings look like.
I think there will be alot of liberals watching that hate Tom Brady and want to see him lose.
There's alot of people that want the Eagles to finally win a Superbowl.
I just want a good game. Most of the people who usually attend our football parties hate NE, probably 80%.

I think there will be alot of liberals watching that hate Tom Brady and want to see him lose.
I just want a good game. Most of the people who usually attend our football parties hate NE, probably 80%.
I used to hate the Cowboys back when they were winning everything.

Ever since the kneeling..........I haven't watched a single NFL game.

I have. So you're cancelled out.

wtf???

Follow the logic... TWO of you were watching the NFL. ONE of you stopped watching while ONE of you kept watching. Subtract ONE from TWO and how any are now watching the NFL?? Liberals. smh LOL
common-core-math.jpg

Ever since the kneeling..........I haven't watched a single NFL game.

I have. So you're cancelled out.

wtf???

Follow the logic... TWO of you were watching the NFL. ONE of you stopped watching while ONE of you kept watching. Subtract ONE from TWO and how any are now watching the NFL?? Liberals. smh LOL
common-core-math.jpg

Actually I hadn't been watching, until recently. I'm a new viewer. So no, only one of us had been watching --- him.

Let's break that down into stick figures.
He gets off the bus, I get on the bus. Bus has the same number of passengers it started with. Add, one, subtract one, net zero.

You shoulda talked in your brain instead of plugging things in I didn't say.

Last edited:
I used to hate the Cowboys back when they were winning everything.

And you were right to do that.
But there was no reason to quit.

That's kind of an obsolete metric. For instance it won't count me, for the same reason baseball doesn't count me --- I don't do it from traditional TV. I don't even have TV.

Ratings --- which refer to broadcasting --- have been steadily decreasing for football, baseball, basketball, hockey and even NASCAR, although granted the latter is not a sport. The reason is at least in large part technology. The daze when you had to have TV to follow a live event are long gone.

Ergo ratings may continue to decline vs. previous years, but it will say more about technological turnover than anything else. I understand people are actually watching on their phones. Sounds ludicrous to me but that's what I hear.

That's kind of an obsolete metric. For instance it won't count me, for the same reason baseball doesn't count me --- I don't do it from traditional TV. I don't even have TV.

Ratings --- which refer to broadcasting --- have been steadily decreasing for football, baseball, basketball, hockey and even NASCAR, although granted the latter is not a sport. The reason is at least in large part technology. The daze when you had to have TV to follow a live event are long gone.

Ergo ratings may continue to decline vs. previous years, but it will say more about technological turnover than anything else. I understand people are actually watching on their phones. Sounds ludicrous to me but that's what I hear.

i've probably watched more on my phone than on the tube this past season.

i can be outside doing yard work and still see the game

i also dvr it in case there's something i really want to check out.

i'm probably going to cancel cable after sundat.

too expensive and too many good, cheap workarounds to do otherwise

someone should have told fox before they put down 650m/season for five seasons of tnf.

Ayep. If anyone is up close and personal with ratings trends it's broadcasters. They're not about to put up that kind of flow if they don't already know the expected ratings will pay it off with a bonus.

Years ago it dawned on me that anything I would want from TV I could get from the internets, except live sports, and outside a national event like a SB or a WS, I'd have to pay for those anyway. So off to the local thrift store it went.

Years ago it dawned on me that anything I would want from TV I could get from the internets, except live sports, and outside a national event like a SB or a WS, I'd have to pay for those anyway. So off to the local thrift store it went.

i've wanted to for awhile.

mi esposa had a different take, but she's come around

75%? :lmao: I doubt it.

Of course we can never know since you have no link that doesn't require a damn subscription. How convenient.

Not sure, watched almost every Chicago bears game since 1979...

Have not watched a single bears game or NFL game all year and I sure as hell won't be watching the super bowl , when is it next week?

Good nooz. You haven't missed it. Sunday night.

And you can stream it from NBC, for free.

75%? :lmao: I doubt it.

Of course we can never know since you have no link that doesn't require a damn subscription. How convenient.

Not sure, watched almost every Chicago bears game since 1979...

Have not watched a single bears game or NFL game all year and I sure as hell won't be watching the super bowl , when is it next week?

Good nooz. You haven't missed it. Sunday night.

And you can stream it from NBC, for free.

I can watch at least 5 games a year, more if I go to a bar...

Again I refuse to watch it , like I stoped watching MLB for like 10 years after the strike...ya piss me off...

Forum List

Back