The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

... there was a time that if you wanted to actually know what happened then..., that you would only have to open your ears and listen to your elders.
I know that very well, and I spoke to quite a few veterans of that era (on both sides) some time ago.

"surrender" was NOT the only option for Japan.

But, it was the only option for Japan that wouldn't result in even more massive loss of civilian lives for Japan. Continued conventional bombing or even worse a naval blockade by the U.S. when combined with the Rice Famine in Japan the following year would've caused massive levels of starvation and disease all across Japan.

There you go again. Falling back on "anyone who disagrees with me on anything = commie!" childish, illogical nonsense makes it very difficult to take you seriously.
It's not just disagreeing dear---its the spewing of communist propaganda about the bombing of the evil, truly evil Japanese. Normal moral people don't attack americans for doing what needed to be done to stop the evil Japanese in the 1940's. Two groups-----either you are a moron and don't know nothing about what really happened and are either to lazy or to stupid to go research the facts even once corrected multiple times in your case OR you are purposely spreading propaganda (communists try to push this hate American nonsense, america is evil for killing the Japanese (no matter how evil the japanese were).

I hate stupid people-------almost as much as I hate LIARS and I take both comments SERIOUSly as they try to spread SHIT.

The japanese were ready to negotiate a truce but not a surrender

Dat "truce" ship sailed with all the American casualties on Okinawa.

They figured that at that time the Americans were tired of war and would agree to something less than unconditional surrender.

They gambled and they lost.

Those nukes made it easy to continue the war without tremendous Americans casualties.

After Pearl Harbor and the atrocious treatment of American POWs there was never going to anything other than unconditional surrender.

I know that very well, and I spoke to quite a few veterans of that era (on both sides) some time ago.
You know shit or you are purposely spreading shit...I believe more likely the later. If you knew shit and weren't spreading lies, then you would know that the evil Japanese had to be taken out and wouldn't be spreading blatant propaganda which includes the stupid line about the two cities being just wittle innocent japanese cities and not military targets.

It's not just disagreeing dear---its the spewing of communist propaganda about the bombing of the evil, truly evil Japanese. Normal moral people don't attack americans for doing what needed to be done to stop the evil Japanese in the 1940's. Two groups-----either you are a moron and don't know nothing about what really happened and are either to lazy or to stupid to go research the facts even once corrected multiple times in your case OR you are purposely spreading propaganda (communists try to push this hate American nonsense, america is evil for killing the Japanese (no matter how evil the japanese were).

I hate stupid people-------almost as much as I hate LIARS and I take both comments SERIOUSly as they try to spread SHIT.

I go with Unkotare being a moron.

There you go again. Falling back on "anyone who disagrees with me on anything = commie!" childish, illogical nonsense makes it very difficult to take you seriously.
If you wouldn't spout childish illogical Moon Bat nonsense trolling like you do we Americans would have a little more respect for you.

Dat "truce" ship sailed with all the American casualties on Okinawa.

They figured that at that time the Americans were tired of war and would agree to something less than unconditional surrender.

They gambled and they lost.

Those nukes made it easy to continue the war without tremendous Americans casualties.

After Pearl Harbor and the atrocious treatment of American POWs there was never going to anything other than unconditional surrender.
The japanese high command was trying to avoid occupation and would have held out till they were invaded

Here we go again... :rolleyes: Do you have anything other than your emotions to offer? You realize that historians don't often rely on screaming about "good guys and bad guys" or "Evil" and similar emotive terminology to discuss history, right?

... are either to [sic] lazy or to [sic] stupid to go research the facts .....
I think that when I present news reports and quotations from American military leaders of the day, that counts as "the facts." You seem to be clinging to a warm, comfortable narrative that doesn't require you to think even a little. You know what happens when you try to take away a child's security blanket.

Forum List

Back