The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Every time I show you what history tells us you get upset.
I am disappointed that you cant see the big picture

you just keep saying that general eisenhower in germany said the japanese were defeated militarily without grasping the fact that they were not ready to stop fighting

How many military personnel were killed in the bombings vs how many civilians?
The japanese people would have unquestionably marched to their death during an invasion

they were weapons of war in imperial japan

I am disappointed that you cant see the big picture

you just keep saying that general eisenhower in germany said the japanese were defeated militarily without grasping the fact that they were not ready to stop fighting
So, Eisenhower is not a legitimate source for you? I see. How about Admiral Leahy? Bull Halsey? MacArthur?

Here we go again... :rolleyes: Do you have anything other than your emotions to offer? You realize that historians don't often rely on screaming about "good guys and bad guys" or "Evil" and similar emotive terminology to discuss history, right?
I go with the facts----JAPAN was purely evil and had to be stopped by any means necessary. This is the HISTORIC FACTS.........

So, Eisenhower is not a legitimate source for you? I see. How about Admiral Leahy? Bull Halsey? MacArthur?
We are going in circles

the joint chiefs of staff disagreed with the revisionists

eisenhower and macArthur had political and personal reasons for disagreeing with truman

The japanese people would have unquestionably marched to their death during an invasion

Back to the cartoons now? Still trying to swallow 75 year old propaganda that was never meant for you in the first place? Do you know that one of the major concerns for the militarists in the latter years of the war was the possibility of a civil uprising? By the end, people were really tired of the war and the starvation. But you think that starving, demoralized women and children with sticks would have killed a million US Marines?

So, Eisenhower is not a legitimate source for you?
Ike had his opinion and other leaders like sec of war Stinson had theirs

“In 1945 ... , Secretary of War Stimson visited my headquarters in Germany, [and] informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act.... During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that
icon_send-this-page.gif
E-mail this Page
Printer Friendly
dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and second because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face.' The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude, almost angrily refuting the reasons I gave for my quick conclusions."
Source: The White House Years: Mandate for Change: 1953-1956: A Personal Account (New York: Doubleday, 1963), pp. 312-313.
Copyright © 1998 - 2021 Nuclear Age Peace Foundation | Powered by Media Temple

I go with the facts----JAPAN was purely evil and had to be stopped by any means necessary. This is the HISTORIC FACTS.........
What "facts"? Screaming "evil!" over and over again does not amount to the presentation of fact.

I worked as an Engineer at the Hanford Nuclear Facility for seven years.

I toured the building where they built the pit for the plutonium bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki. It is a national landmark building.

Oak Ridge built the uranium bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima.

Hanford built the plutonium bomb.

The plutonium bomb was better.

I mean what I said. Do you consider yourself a person with any sense of morality?

LOL! I am a Vietnam War vet. According to you stupid uneducated Moon Bats I am a baby killer so you are asking the wrong person.

Have you ever been in a war?

I doubt you have or you wouldn't be spouting your ignorant bullshit.

There is no morality in war. By definition it is immoral.

. According to you stupid uneducated Moon Bats I am a baby killer ....

Don't try to tell me what I think or believe, you dishonest scumbag. Do not misrepresent me in order to put forth a straw man because you can't address the thread topic.

That doesn't answer my question. Do you consider yourself a person with any sense of morality?

My father was a WWII veteran. He didn't serve in the Pacific. He served in Europe. Landed at Normandy and fought until the Krauts surrendered. He was in that Hertgen Forest bloodbath.

He was damn glad we nuked the goddamn Japs.

He is a much better judgement of war morality than a chickenshit little punk like you.

Don't try to tell me what I think or believe, you dishonest scumbag. Do not misrepresent me in order to put forth a straw man because you can't address the thread topic.

So you have never served in a war and here you are an Internet Keyboard Commando trying to tell veterans about the morality of war.

That make you a filthy little chickenshit punk, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back