The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

So mass murder because it results in peace. WTF!

I should have answered every post in this thread simply with: December 7, 1941.

End of discussion. If the Japanese did not want attacked, don't wake the sleeping bear.
That’s as I thought. Americans like you believe mass murdering Japanese civilians by the hundreds of thousands was warranted because the Imperial Japanese government, of which the Japanese people had no control, attacked Pearl Harbor killing about 2000 US servicemen.

Illogical and pathological.

End of discussion. If the Japanese did not want attacked, don't wake the sleeping bear.
That’s as I thought. Americans like you believe mass murdering Japanese civilians by the hundreds of thousands was warranted because the Imperial Japanese government, of which the Japanese people had no control, attacked Pearl Harbor killing about 2000 US servicemen.
Oh, man. Government is a part of a nation. Tojo Hideki was elected by Japan people.

"William Leahy, President Truman’s Chief of Staff, wrote in his 1950 memoir I Was There that “the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.… in being the first to use it, we…adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.” "

"William Leahy, President Truman’s Chief of Staff, wrote in his 1950 memoir I Was There that “the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.… in being the first to use it, we…adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.” "

They were not going to surrender, after 2 nukes and a soviet invasion they STILL did not surrender, and when the Emperor made the decision to surrender the Army staged a Coup to stop him.

Oh, man. Government is a part of a nation. Tojo Hideki was elected by Japan people.
That’s absurd. If you’re claiming the people of a nation are responsible for the actions of their leaders and can be wantonly murdered because their leader started a war, makes you a fool.

That’s absurd. If you’re claiming the people of a nation are responsible for the actions of their leaders and can be wantonly murdered because their leader started a war, makes you a fool.
Denying it makes you a liberal moron.
War is war. It's a clash of states, nations or other groups, not just a sportive competition between armed men.

... More than 2000 men, women, and children killed at Pearl Harbor.
Sounds like you are outraged at the needless deaths of women and children. Are you?

I'm most certainly outraged at the needless deaths of the 6 million killed by the Japanese. If killing a couple hundred thousand of their own to make them see and feel just how bad it is to have your countrymen massacred, then, yes, because I am against the needless deaths of women and children, I fully support the attack on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

No; mass murder brought war. 2000 killed in Pearl Harbor. Don't kill 2000 Americans brings peace. There was peace. Don't kill 6,000,000 brings peace. Killing 6,000,000 brings mass destruction.

Japan murdered literally MILLIONS of innocent women and children including using germ warfare, bombing civilian populations, mass shootings, and just about every way a person could be killed. And you question the couple hundred thousand that put a stop to it?

Illogical and pathological.

The people always have control. Did the people have control of the USSR? Did the people have control of the GDR? Did the American colonists have control over the King of England?

Yes, actually, they did; they simply refused to exercise the control that they had. When pushed enough, the people will exercise the control that they always had.

And it wasn't 2000 servicemen alone. It was also innocent women and children that died in Pearl Harbor.

Sounds like you are outraged at the needless deaths of women and children. Are you?

I'm most certainly outraged at the needless deaths of the 6 million killed by the Japanese. If killing a couple hundred thousand of their own to make them see and feel just how bad it is to have your countrymen massacred, then, yes, because I am against the needless deaths of women and children, I fully support the attack on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
You’re a morally confused hypocrite.

You’re a morally confused hypocrite.
And you are either a bald faced liar or stupid. NOT one of your links says what you claim they say and you can not link to any actual document or intercept that does.

Forum List

Back