the oath

Gracie

que sera, sera
Feb 13, 2013
Wherever
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed

what does this really mean. It's kind of confusing to regular citizens. Foreign and domestic...doesn't that apply to treason or blatant coup to take down the USA but then states they will obey the POTUS and orders of officers appointed over them? What if the generals and officers are party to the coup and it is against the constituion? So is this oath exempt from carrying out those protections in such a case?

Can someone explain this to me?

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed

what does this really mean. It's kind of confusing to regular citizens. Foreign and domestic...doesn't that apply to treason or blatant coup to take down the USA but then states they will obey the POTUS and orders of officers appointed over them? What if the generals and officers are party to the coup and it is against the constituion? So is this oath exempt from carrying out those protections in such a case?

The problem is in the real-time interpretation of what is "Constitutional". When someone is committing treason or attempting a coup, they're going to say they have the Constitution on their side, no matter how clearly they have to twist reality. "Those other guys? Yeah, THEY are the domestic enemy, like the Constitution says".

So in the case of an attempted coup, the perpetrators are going to claim -- in the moment -- that they're "protecting" the Constitution. Then, once the dust has settled, literally, it moves slowly through the courts and to the Supreme Court. That's when the final interpretation is made, and after great damage has been done.

These last few years have sadly given us a clearer view of history. Personally, I wouldn't have thought of the above a few years ago.

our oath is to the constitution. not to a human.

following orders, under the ucmj and the nuremberg trials, is following lawful orders.

oaths vows and such are sworn "so help me god"

"thou shalt not take the name of the ;ord in vain"

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ...

Sounds good.
... what does this really mean ....?
It means that Camel Hairless, Geo. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Barack Obomba, and a shitload of other American politicians should be behind bars.

Forum List

Back