The Obama Economy

Are you under the impression that Bush caused the housing market crash? You fucking tard! :laugh:
Of course he, and Republicans, caused it...

”Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high!” ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention
Saying that caused the housing market to crash? :cuckoo:
LOLOLOL

Thanks for conceding so easily without refuting a word. :mm:

Republican policies gave us the housing boom — which led to a bust. On policies like:

BUSH MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP PLAN RESTS HEAVILY ON FANNIE AND FREDDIE

When President Bush announced his Minority Homeownership plans last week in Atlanta, his top priorities were new federal programs: a $2.4 billion tax credit to facilitate home purchases by lower-income first-time buyers, and a $200 million national down payment grant fund.

But none of the new federal programs--if passed by Congress--will come even close to achieving the 5.5 million-household increase in minority home ownership the President set as his target.

Instead, most of the heavy lifting was assigned to two mortgage market players that have sometimes come under fire from Bush administration officials and Congressional Republicans: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Fannie's and Freddie's commitments are the bedrock core of the President's ambitious plans
--but didn't get the headlines.
Fannie Mae agreed to increase its already substantial lending efforts to minority families by targeting another $260 billion of mortgage purchases to them during the next nine years. Freddie Mac agreed to buy an additional $180 billion in minority-household home loans during the same period.​

When President Bush announced his Minority Homeownership plans last week in Atlanta, his top priorities were new federal programs: a $2.4 billion tax credit to facilitate home purchases by lower-income first-time buyers, and a $200 million national down payment grant fund.

In 2002, the household sector held $14.2 trillion in real estate with mortgages of about $6 trillion.
Next to that, $2.6 billion in tax credits and down payment grants is like a fart in a hurricane.
Stupidity, to be sure, but barely noticeable.

Now, $440 billion in additional (over and above the $1 trillion plus worth of crappy mortgages they already held) crappy mortgage purchases is some serious money.

Bush looked at Clinton's stupidity and took it up a notch.
LOLOL

Clinton’s policies didn’t create the housing boom Bush and Republicans did.

”Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high!” ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention

Clinton’s policies didn’t create the housing boom

Of course not.

What percentage of Fannie and Freddie's mortgage purchases did the Clinton administration require to be subprime mortgages?

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Are you under the impression that Bush caused the housing market crash? You fucking tard! :laugh:

LOLOLOL

Republican policies gave us the housing boom — which led to a bust. On policies like:

But none of the new federal programs--if passed by Congress--will come even close to achieving the 5.5 million-household increase in minority home ownership the President set as his target.

Instead, most of the heavy lifting was assigned to two mortgage market players that have sometimes come under fire from Bush administration officials and Congressional Republicans: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Fannie's and Freddie's commitments are the bedrock core of the President's ambitious plans
Fannie Mae agreed to increase its already substantial lending efforts to minority families by targeting another $260 billion of mortgage purchases to them during the next nine years. Freddie Mac agreed to buy an additional $180 billion in minority-household home loans during the same period.​
Why was the housing bubble predicted by economists as early as 2000? :laugh:

"Although an economic bubble is difficult to identify except in hindsight, numerous economic and cultural factors led several economists (especially in late 2004 and early 2005) to argue that a housing bubble existed in the U.S.[1][27][39][40][41][42][43][44] Dean Baker identified the bubble in August 2002, thereafter repeatedly warning of its nature and depth, and the political reasons it was being ignored.[45][46] Prior to that, Robert Prechter wrote about it extensively as did Professor Shiller in his original publication of Irrational Exuberance in the year 2000."

United States housing bubble - Wikipedia
Wikipedia????

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

What kind of moron uses Wikipedia for a source?? Anybody can put anything in there.

And imbecile, this is why.... from your “source” <snicker>, it cites, ‘Irrational Exuberance’ (2000) by Professor Shiller....

Rightard.... that book was about the dot com bubble of the 1990’s, not the housing bubble. Though Shiller would go on to write another version of Irrational Exuberance about the housing bubble — in 2005.

You’re such a fucking idiot, you actually just reinforced my position — and st the same time, exposed again what a flaming retard you are.

:dance:
Wow, talk about terrible reading comprehension. :laugh:

You mean on your chart that leaves out the beginning of the Obama administration where he had the votes to pass his agenda? On the chart that doesn't show how unemployment still increasing despite our spending nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus money?

Oh wait...you didn't think anyone would notice? LOL
LOLOL

You pathetic lying con tool, no, I don’t mean that. I mean show me where the ACA cost jobs. That was your claim. That is why I presented you a chart starting in 2010; which is when ACA was first signed into law.

So now that I showed you were lying again and since you avoided answering the first time, I’ll ask again.... show me where ACA hurt job growth — I don’t see it...

latest_numbers_CES0500000001_2010_2018_all_period_M07_data.gif
united-states-employment-rate.png

We spent nearly a trillion dollars to get THAT kind of employment growth, Faun! Only a partisan hack like yourself would see that as anything but a painfully slow recovery. The reason the recovery was so glacially slow was Barack Obama's lack of a coherent plan to grow the economy and create jobs! The fact of the matter is...if it hadn't been for the energy boom his numbers would have been historically bad.
Lying con tool, let me remind you again of what you said...

”Passing the ACA...something that hurt job creation and economic growth?”

ACA passed in early 2010. For the third time... show me where it hurt job creation....

I just showed you the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics graph for the US employment rate over the ten year period that Barack Obama was President, Faun! It's basically "flat lined" for four consecutive years and then slowly begins to grow. If you think that the Affordable Care Act wasn't part of that flat lining of the economy then you're showing your ignorance about economics.
You can’t stop lying, can you, ya lying con tool?

That’s the employment rate, not job growth. The employment rate differs in that there are other factors influencing it; such as demographics and labor force.

... this is job growth and it was steady...

As always, you were full of shit.

Says the guy who posts an unattributed graph. Did you want to show where that came from, Faun?

LOLOL

You pathetic lying con tool, no, I don’t mean that. I mean show me where the ACA cost jobs. That was your claim. That is why I presented you a chart starting in 2010; which is when ACA was first signed into law.

So now that I showed you were lying again and since you avoided answering the first time, I’ll ask again.... show me where ACA hurt job growth — I don’t see it...

We spent nearly a trillion dollars to get THAT kind of employment growth, Faun! Only a partisan hack like yourself would see that as anything but a painfully slow recovery. The reason the recovery was so glacially slow was Barack Obama's lack of a coherent plan to grow the economy and create jobs! The fact of the matter is...if it hadn't been for the energy boom his numbers would have been historically bad.

ACA passed in early 2010. For the third time... show me where it hurt job creation....

I just showed you the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics graph for the US employment rate over the ten year period that Barack Obama was President, Faun! It's basically "flat lined" for four consecutive years and then slowly begins to grow. If you think that the Affordable Care Act wasn't part of that flat lining of the economy then you're showing your ignorance about economics.

That’s the employment rate, not job growth. The employment rate differs in that there are other factors influencing it; such as demographics and labor force.

Says the guy who posts an unattributed graph. Did you want to show where that came from, Faun?
LOLOL

You think avoiding answering my question helps you??

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0500000001

LOLOL

Where is the graph you used on that site? I'm not avoiding anything by the way...I'm simply verifying what you're posting here, Faun because you have a LONG history of using misleading statistics.

LOLOL

Where is the graph you used on that site? I'm not avoiding anything by the way...I'm simply verifying what you're posting here, Faun because you have a LONG history of using misleading statistics.
Of course you’re avoiding answering. This is now the 5th time I’m showing you job growth since the ACA was passed and challenging you to show where it was hurt by the ACA and you still won’t answer.

LOLOL

Of course you’re avoiding answering. This is now the 5th time I’m showing you job growth since the ACA was passed and challenging you to show where it was hurt by the ACA and you still won’t answer.

No wonder you didn't want me to see the original page you pulled that graph from! You conveniently left out that the graph was only charting "Private" job growth! Another example of you using statistics to hide the truth.

What was the combined growth of public and private sectors? And did you want to address how that job growth figure counts someone who's worked as little as one hour in the previous week as holding a job? So all the people who had full time jobs before the ACA was passed and found their hours cut back to part time count the same as they did before. Like I said...you use statistics to hide the truth...not reveal it! Anyone that was jobless back then KNOWS that you're full of shit when you claim that the Obama administration was creating new jobs!

LOLOLOL

In 2002, the household sector held $14.2 trillion in real estate with mortgages of about $6 trillion.
Next to that, $2.6 billion in tax credits and down payment grants is like a fart in a hurricane.

Now, $440 billion in additional (over and above the $1 trillion plus worth of crappy mortgages they already held) crappy mortgage purchases is some serious money.

LOLOL

Of course not.

What percentage of Fannie and Freddie's mortgage purchases did the Clinton administration require to be subprime mortgages?

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?

LOLOL

No wonder you didn't want me to see the original page you pulled that graph from! You conveniently left out that the graph was only charting "Private" job growth! Another example of you using statistics to hide the truth.
LOLOLOLOL

Are you actually trying to claim that the ACA only hurt public jobs and not private sector jobs???

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You never stop lying, do ya, ya lying con tool, dot you?

Here’s all jobs .... it’s the same growth rate as private sector jobs...

... so how many more excuses are you going to come up with just to avoid answering the question? Where do you see job growth hurt by the ACA?

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

Of course not.

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?
Clinton raised it from 30% to 50%.

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

Of course not.

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?

Thank you for your honesty.

50% didn't do it? Was Bush's 55% to blame?

LOLOL

LOLOLOLOL

Are you actually trying to claim that the ACA only hurt public jobs and not private sector jobs???

... so how many more excuses are you going to come up with just to avoid answering the question? Where do you see job growth hurt by the ACA?

Once again you're using statistics to paint a picture that doesn't accurately depict what happened, Faun. You ignore the criteria behind the numbers you quote. Your numbers treat a full time job worked 40 hours for a good wage...the same as a part time job worked far fewer hours...or even a job that only consisted of an hour's worth of work in the prior week. So how did the ACA hurt job growth? Using your statistics it didn't hurt it at all but that's only because it incentivized employers to cut their employees hours so that they wouldn't have to cover their insurance costs. Using your statistics also doesn't show workers that used to have full time jobs but were forced to take part time jobs...whatever they could get...in an attempt to pay their bills.

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

Of course not.

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?

No, it was the Republican policies that Bush spoke of which were to blame.

LOLOL

LOLOLOLOL

Once again you're using statistics to paint a picture that doesn't accurately depict what happened, Faun. You ignore the criteria behind the numbers you quote. Your numbers treat a full time job worked 40 hours for a good wage...the same as a part time job worked far fewer hours...or even a job that only consisted of an hour's worth of work in the prior week. So how did the ACA hurt job growth? Using your statistics it didn't hurt it at all but that's only because it incentivized employers to cut their employees hours so that they wouldn't have to cover their insurance costs. Using your statistics also doesn't show workers that used to have full time jobs but were forced to take part time jobs...whatever they could get...in an attempt to pay their bills.
Imagine that — you’re lying again.

No, such part time jobs actually decreased...

... so when do you stop lying, lying con tool?

Ever???

LOLOL

Of course not.

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?

It was $2.6 billion, not $1.2 trillion?

LOLOL

Of course not.

Was it 5%?

25%?

Or was it 50%?

Is this thing on?

It was $2.6 billion, not $1.2 trillion?
Umm, that was but just one of their policies.

Forum List

Back