The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless?

The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless?

• Harmless

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Tasteless

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Actually it's both it hurts no one so in that respect it's harmless but taking a picture especially a selfie at funeral is tasteless I don't care who the person is taking it or who's funeral it is. The way I was brought up a funeral is supposed to be about the deceased not those attending the funeral.

Funerals do not have to be so solemn. It's not the end of the world for the living left behind. When I die I want my friends and family who are paying their respect to carry-on as usual... if that means selfies, laughing, singing, partying... well that's ok with me.

So you do not think it was 'tasteless'?

WRONG AGAIN! Totally inappropriate encompasses tasteless also, he was there representing our country. But I guess expecting proper decorum from a gutter trash community organizer is a bit much.

Oh, I see. You mean to say that "proper decorum" means being 'politically-correct'. Got you. :lol:

Never been in the military have you, political correctness has nothing to do with conducting yourself properly in a public setting when you're representing this country. Had your gutter trash leader ever served he would know that. Now he holds the title of liar of the year, I'm sure you're so proud.

Both. He did't expose anyone to harm, but it is horribly tasteless. At this stage of his presidency everyone knows what he is, and his level of maturity. Getting steamed under the collar about this is operatic nonsense's

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Actually it's both it hurts no one so in that respect it's harmless but taking a picture especially a selfie at funeral is tasteless I don't care who the person is taking it or who's funeral it is. The way I was brought up a funeral is supposed to be about the deceased not those attending the funeral.

Funerals do not have to be so solemn. It's not the end of the world for the living left behind. When I die I want my friends and family who are paying their respect to carry-on as usual... if that means selfies, laughing, singing, partying... well that's ok with me.

Good for you put in your will to make sure it happens when the President any President is attending a funeral I think he should show more decorum that's my opinion people are more than welcome to disagree with it.

Last edited:

Good for you put in your will to make sure it happens when the President any President is attending a funeral I think he should more decorum that's my opinion people are more than welcome to disagree with it.

Wasn't a funeral. :D

Good for you put in your will to make sure it happens when the President any President is attending a funeral I think he should more decorum that's my opinion people are more than welcome to disagree with it.

Wasn't a funeral. :D

And I have already answered that.

He has made such a serious mess of things, he is trying to effectuate lightheartedness into a sober event. Change has to start somewhere.

Mandela_Funeral_Obama_Laugh_Caption.jpg

It was mostly harmless but, well, you decide people... vote!

The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Nelson Mandela's memorial service Tuesday was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime event where dozens of world leaders join thousands of South Africans in a massive stadium, all to honor the anti-apartheid icon.

Instead, it turned into a media sensation...about a selfie.

Bad manners, not something you should do at a funeral--so it's tasteless.

It was mostly harmless but, well, you decide people... vote!

The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Nelson Mandela's memorial service Tuesday was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime event where dozens of world leaders join thousands of South Africans in a massive stadium, all to honor the anti-apartheid icon.

Instead, it turned into a media sensation...about a selfie.

hard to say. i mean if it was actualy taken during the funeral, probably not a good idea. I mean after all you are the president of the United States, not kim Kardashian.

WRONG AGAIN! Totally inappropriate encompasses tasteless also, he was there representing our country. But I guess expecting proper decorum from a gutter trash community organizer is a bit much.

Oh, I see. You mean to say that "proper decorum" means being 'politically-correct'. Got you. :lol:

Never been in the military have you, political correctness has nothing to do with conducting yourself properly in a public setting when you're representing this country. Had your gutter trash leader ever served he would know that. Now he holds the title of liar of the year, I'm sure you're so proud.

Conducting yourself properly in the public is not only confined to the military. It used to be just part of the proper manners.
But nowadays appropriate manners are considered "racist" and "oppressive" by some :lol:

obama lacks simple manners. his conduct at the funeral was tasteless, however the harmfulness of inappropriate conduct of the trio is directed at them only.

therefore we see a panic in the PR department of the WH ( and acroos the pond as well) with haste damage control.
The obamabots here on the board are a perfect example of this.

Last edited:
lol, I've cracked a rib laughing over all this

a poll on it? good ole Cnn, giving us all the IMPORTANT news

No wonder why their rating have went down toilet

Last edited:
As an act committed by an individual, the selfie might be disrespectful but really no big deal and not worth mentioning. As an act committed by a head of state, representing that state, it was crass, tasteless and reprehensible.

As an act committed by an individual, the selfie might be disrespectful but really no big deal and not worth mentioning. As an act committed by a head of state, representing that state, it was crass, tasteless and reprehensible.

yes, he and Cameron flirting with the hot danish was very juvenile and inappropriate for heads of state.

Harmless
And understandable considering who was taking the picture.

On another note. Michelle Obama's look was priceless.

Forum List

Back