The Obesity Epidemic

"A complete shift away from food animal production would present major challenges to meeting America's nutritional needs. With no meat, milk, eggs, fish, or cheese in our diets, the U.S. population would not receive enough of several different essential dietary nutrients from the foods they eat, according to the study results. The findings are based on information compiled in the USDA dietary guidelines."

"A complete shift away from food animal production would present major challenges to meeting America's nutritional needs. With no meat, milk, eggs, fish, or cheese in our diets, the U.S. population would not receive enough of several different essential dietary nutrients from the foods they eat, according to the study results. The findings are based on information compiled in the USDA dietary guidelines."
It's easier AND CHEAPER. And this modern generation wouldn't be obese.

If you eat a NATURAL DIET, it is impossible to get to a calorie surplus before you feel full

It's easier AND CHEAPER. And this modern generation wouldn't be obese.

If you eat a NATURAL DIET, it is impossible to get to a calorie surplus before you feel full
Meat, milk, fish, eggs are part of a 'natural' diet for humans.

The vegan diet would impoverish millions who are associated with animal agriculture. As a meat cutter I made more money than others in the retail food business as I had more skills. Veganism would 'dumb down' our whole society as hundreds of high paid skills would no longer be needed leading to massive unemployment.

Last edited:

That is flatly false. I'm just going to do a copy pasta of something I posted on another thread recently.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life
including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.

Last edited:
Meat, milk, fish, eggs are part of a 'natural' diet for humans.

The vegan diet would impoverish millions who are associated with animal agriculture. As a meat cutter I made more money than others in the retail food business as I had more skills. Veganism would 'dumb down' our whole society as hundreds of high paid skills would no longer be needed leading to massive unemployment.
No. None of this is true.

IF health and fitness is your latest excuse, download Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen App. But we both know it just the latest if endless excuses to throw against the wall in the hope that SOMETHING sticks

Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet
The ONLY problem I have with this is they make it sound like it's some kind of "chore" to be healthy on a natural diet. It is not. I would compare any vegan with any modern carnivore. The vegan is healthy and will live lobger

I'm just going to do a copy pasta of something I posted on another thread recently.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life
including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.
The 'Achilles Heel' in all this is "good planning and understanding" requirement. No more needs to be said as most people are unwilling or incapable of doing this. However, with a diet rich in animal products no such requirement is required.

The 'Achilles Heel' in all this is "good planning and understanding" requirement. No more needs to be said as most people are unwilling or incapable of doing this. However, with a diet rich in animal products no such requirement is required.
You know better than that

No. None of this is true.

IF health and fitness is your latest excuse, download Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen App. But we both know it just the latest if endless excuses to throw against the wall in the hope that SOMETHING sticks
Do you think meat eaters have to make 'excuses' to vegans for their food choices? That is pretty arrogant.

The ONLY problem I have with this is they make it sound like it's some kind of "chore" to be healthy on a natural diet. It is not. I would compare any vegan with any modern carnivore. The vegan is healthy and will live lobger

Good point, I agree with you on that. I have found that it's not at all difficult to be vegan, and those quotes do make it sound like it's something that needs to be planned out. It really just takes common sense, and like with any diet it should be balanced. It's not rocket science.

You KNOW this is a pretty typical American
big-ed-thisisbiged.gif

The vegan is healthy and will live longer
There is no definitive proof that diet alone accounts for this. Vegans generally live a less stressful life. I also live a stress-free life, and I eat animal products. I have outlived most everyone. :)

I can assure you, they won’t be happy. They are very unhappy authoritarians.
I get that. I too wish the world would march to my tune. Everyone would enjoy the peace, health, and prosperity that I enjoy. :)

Last edited:
No they don’t. They live unhealthy shorter lives.

Forum List

Back