The Obesity Epidemic

Then there the little-known fact that once food is thoroughly chewed (which is absolutely necessary for good health) it is no longer 'meat' or 'vegetables' but chemicals from stomach on down.

That is flatly false. I'm just going to do a copy pasta of something I posted on another thread recently.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life
including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.
This is my New Year’s resolution. Do you like?

I can assure you, they won’t be happy. They are very unhappy authoritarians.

Don't speak for others, speak only for yourself. Like I already said, it was the second best decision I ever made and I am forever grateful and happy that I learned what actually goes on so I could make the decision to never again pay others to abuse and torture innocent beings who I love. Also, I don't agree with forcing anyone to be vegan, and of all the vegans I have ever talked to, I don't know any who think that way.

You CLEARLY have been spending too much time watching "carnivore diet" anti-vegan videos on YouTube and hanging out with that crowd. I'll pray for you, because there have been a number of people who promoted those high-meat diets who have died prematurely from heart attacks in recent years.

Then there the little-known fact that once food is thoroughly chewed (which is absolutely necessary for good health) it is no longer 'meat' or 'vegetables' but chemicals from stomach on down.
It will always be the life taken of a sentient being who experience deep fear and dred as it took it's last breath. I choose not to be that guy.

Don't speak for others, speak only for yourself. Like I already said, it was the second best decision I ever made and I am forever grateful and happy that I learned what actually goes on so I could make the decision to never again pay others to abuse and torture innocent beings who I love. Also, I don't agree with forcing anyone to be vegan, and of all the vegans I have ever talked to, I don't know any who think that way.

You CLEARLY have been spending too much time watching "carnivore diet" anti-vegan videos on YouTube and hanging out with that crowd. I'll pray for you, because there have been a number of people who promoted those high-meat diets who have died prematurely from heart attacks in recent years.
I do this almost daily. I feel GREAT!!! You should try it.

Good point, now we're getting to the nub of the problem; high-meat diets. Meat and other animal products have their place in a healthy diet, not to be overdone. Balance is the key. If everyone were more balanced all the problems associated with meat eating would vanish.

What I glean from veganism is that it is as much a social/political statement as a reasoned lifestyle choice.

Good point, now we're getting to the nub of the problem; high-meat diets. Meat and other animal products have their place in a healthy diet, not to be overdone. Balance is the key. If everyone were more balanced all the problems associated with meat eating would vanish.

What I glean from veganism is that it is as much a social/political statement as a reasoned lifestyle choice.
You might be wrong, but a balanced diet is what the establishment has long advised. We know how wrong the establishment generally is.

Many on the carnivore diet only eat animal food. Meats, eggs, cheese, etc. Thats all they eat and many have experienced great results.

Speaking of "natural". Animal manures are still the preferred fertilizer to promote soil health, and thus human health. Chemicals not so much. Sadly, animal manures are probably the most mismanaged resource in all of agriculture.

Good point, now we're getting to the nub of the problem; high-meat diets. Meat and other animal products have their place in a healthy diet, not to be overdone. Balance is the key
No, THATS not the "nub of the problem" for those who don't kill to survive. It's the act of taking an innocent life.

I am consistent with the pro life view. On this topic you are pushing the "pro choice" argument.

Thank you for your prayers. My the lord bless you and keep you.

I won’t tell you what you can and can’t say or do. I‘m not an authoritarian.

You want to be vegan or whatever, more power to you. However I believe you’ve accepted propaganda about diet. I could be wrong about diet, but I don’t think so. If you’re doing it only to save the animals, I think that’s misguided. Your actions aren’t saving them.

Speaking of "natural". Animal manures are still the preferred fertilizer to promote soil health, and thus human health. Chemicals not so much. Sadly, animal manures are probably the most mismanaged resource in all of agriculture.
That argument is irrelevant to me. I don't care what you do with poop. That's not a living thing

You might be wrong, but a balanced diet is what the establishment has long advised. We know how wrong the establishment generally is.

Many on the carnivore diet only eat animal food. Meats, eggs, cheese, etc. Thats all they eat and many have experienced great results.
Digestion is a complex process and is the least understood element in the human diet. It's not so much what one eats, but how, how much, and under what conditions they eat it.

Digestion is a complex process and is the least understood element in the human diet. It's not so much what one eats, but how, how much, and under what conditions they eat it.
I agree about the lack of understanding regarding digestion. Not overeating is certainly advisable. However, what one eats is extremely important. For example, eating a strictly processed food diet, fried food diet, or high sugar diet will likely result in premature death.

I wouldn't use the word political. But yeah, it's not about diet. (that's just one part of it.) It's an ethical stance. Basically it's just being against exploitation of and cruelty to animals. You know how most people (at least in the western world) feel about dogs and cats? It's about giving ALL sentient animals that same love and dignity.

Last edited:
No, THATS not the "nub of the problem" for those who don't kill to survive. It's the act of taking an innocent life.

I am consistent with the pro life view. On this topic you are pushing the "pro choice" argument.
As I said, veganism is as much a social/political statement as a reasoned lifestyle choice. It is also 'virtue signaling', imo.

I agree about the lack of understanding regarding digestion. Not overeating is certainly advisable. However, what one eats is extremely important. For example, eating a strictly processed food diet, fried food diet, or high sugar diet will likely result in premature death.
Of course, reasonable food choices are important. One should become an expert on their own nutritional needs. Like Mark Twain said, "My habits protect me, but they would probably assassinate you."

I eat beans as a regular part of my diet. I never have a gas problem because I eat them regularly, and I don't eat too much. Even nutritionists don't understand this and present all the reasons why beans produce gas. Beans produce gas because too much is eaten, and not eaten often enough for the gut to produce the bacteria that likes beans. Same is true for all foods. If eaten regularly and in the same reasonable amounts, and chewed thoroughly, the gut biome will provide all the health and energy we need.

I wouldn't use the word political. But yeah, it's not about diet. (that's just one part of it.) It's an ethical stance. Basically it's just being against exploitation of and cruelty to animals. You know how most people (at least in the western world) feel about dogs and cats? It's about giving ALL sentient animals that same love and dignity.
I knew it, yet you gave me a neg.

Animals that are raised for food on family farms are usually treated with love and dignity. And while 'slaughterhouses' seem cruel "humane slaughter" methods are a matter of law today.

Last edited:
I knew it, yet you gave me a neg.

I gave you a neg because it sounded like you were continuing with your accusation that I was telling you what to do, when I had just finished saying that I don't believe in authoritarianism or forcing people to be vegan. (And also because the last thing you said that was flat out false, but as I said, I don't want to debate it right now.)

If I misunderstood that reply, then I'm sorry, I will un-neg you. lol.

Forum List

Back