🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

"On September 17th, men and women of all races, backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, began to organize in nonviolent protest. These men and women represent the 99% with the goal of ending the greed and corruption of the wealthiest 1% of America. Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless resistance movement which began as a call to action from Adbusters, a Canadian-based anti-consumerist organization."

Occupy Together*|* OCCUPY WALL ST.

The richest 1% would never have come into existence thousands of years ago without the institution of chattel slavery.

The greed and corruption of today's 1% still depends on ignorant slaves for its survival.

But that isn't true. I am no where near the top 1% and those people do not represent me.

Ollie,

Think about it. Do you believe it's fair that a person working as hard as they can on minimum wage can't afford to put a roof over their head without help from someone else? Do you think the Walmart family deserves all their money while their employees are being subsidized by our tax dollars?

There is something drastically wrong in our country today. OWS may not be representing you but they are trying to effect a change for the better in our country. Our economy is bad right now due in no small part to the huge income gap. The gilded age led to the great depression and we had that again and are now again in a great depression, though some people don't realize it and our government refuses to admit it.

Take heart, my friends are right, as the weather gets colder, they will simply go away and our government will have won and the rich will continue to have their protection. Only if our government cracks down on them will their be a revolution, our government knows better.

Sadly, our country will continue on it's downward spiral due in no small part to apathetic Americans.

Think about it. Do you believe it's fair that a person working as hard as they can on minimum wage can't afford to put a roof over their head without help from someone else?
Why should a teenager with zero experience be able to put a roof over their head? When you see "minimum wage" read "minimum skills". Think about it. Do you believe it's fair a business is forced pay enough for the lowest of all employees in skill, experience and reliability to "put a roof over their heads" when they aren't worth it or they would already be paying that?

As a biz owner I'd increase my employees wages if that would make them worth more, it doesn't. And one of the great lies of liberalism is the minimum wage is a tide that lifts all boats when it's a hurdle that prevents people from working unless they are worth $7.25 an hour. You really care about "fair" ask yourself why you prevent people from working because they are not worth a random salary chosen by you. Check the teenage unemployment stats, particularly in poor areas, and feel like the heartless ass that you are.

Kick up the min. wage and the prices will increase accordingly.

You're not following the recession, are you? Kick up the min wage and a bunch of people will get laid off, deficits will go up, taxes will go up, and the economy will sputter further into recession.

What's funny is even if you were right, they'd get a raise and prices would go up and they'd have what they can buy now. I mean duh. But unfortunately that best case scenario isn't what would happen, layoffs would.

The minimum wage should be eliminated, that would have a huge positive impact on the economy.

You're not following the recession, are you? Kick up the min wage and a bunch of people will get laid off, deficits will go up, taxes will go up, and the economy will sputter further into recession.

What's funny is even if you were right, they'd get a raise and prices would go up and they'd have what they can buy now. I mean duh. But unfortunately that best case scenario isn't what would happen, layoffs would.

The minimum wage should be eliminated, that would have a huge positive impact on the economy.
Preeeeetty much!

"On September 17th, men and women of all races, backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, began to organize in nonviolent protest. These men and women represent the 99% with the goal of ending the greed and corruption of the wealthiest 1% of America. Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless resistance movement which began as a call to action from Adbusters, a Canadian-based anti-consumerist organization."

The richest 1% would never have come into existence thousands of years ago without the institution of chattel slavery.

The greed and corruption of today's 1% still depends on ignorant slaves for its survival.

But that isn't true. I am no where near the top 1% and those people do not represent me.

Ollie,

Think about it. Do you believe it's fair that a person working as hard as they can on minimum wage can't afford to put a roof over their head without help from someone else? Do you think the Walmart family deserves all their money while their employees are being subsidized by our tax dollars?

There is something drastically wrong in our country today. OWS may not be representing you but they are trying to effect a change for the better in our country. Our economy is bad right now due in no small part to the huge income gap. The gilded age led to the great depression and we had that again and are now again in a great depression, though some people don't realize it and our government refuses to admit it.

Take heart, my friends are right, as the weather gets colder, they will simply go away and our government will have won and the rich will continue to have their protection. Only if our government cracks down on them will their be a revolution, our government knows better.

Sadly, our country will continue on it's downward spiral due in no small part to apathetic Americans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otQdIqg1rvo]Denver Occupiers try and storm BlogCon - YouTube[/ame]

They Chant
"Our Democracy will not be bought"

Indeed...

Papa Obama awards a $433 million no-bid contract for questionable small pox drug to a top donor!

Precisely, and I think the point that was being made. It is a bad thing when government forces such artificial measures upon the citizenery due to thier legislative mis steps to compensate as they hope no one notices.

According to economists who study such things, a rising cost of labor has the least and slowest impact on overall inflation.

I know it seems counter intuitive.

But, think about it -- usually workers are the last in line to get wage adjustments to deal with inflation. And even then they don't ALL get those adjustments at the same time or im many cases AT ALL.

COLAs for example are retrospective. The damage that inflation does to purchasing power isn't compensated for until AFTER the loss of puchasing power has long been in effect.

Mostly what was driving inflation back when it really was happening (like in the late 70s) wasn't increasing worker wages, it was increasing costs of energy.

And if you study purchasing power of American workers, you'll also note that as their wages remained basically static, their puchasing power declined considerable.

The collapse of the USD in the last thirty years has had ZERO.SHIT to do with rising wages.

Think about it. Do you believe it's fair that a person working as hard as they can on minimum wage can't afford to put a roof over their head without help from someone else?
Why should a teenager with zero experience be able to put a roof over their head? When you see "minimum wage" read "minimum skills". Think about it. Do you believe it's fair a business is forced pay enough for the lowest of all employees in skill, experience and reliability to "put a roof over their heads" when they aren't worth it or they would already be paying that?

As a biz owner I'd increase my employees wages if that would make them worth more, it doesn't. And one of the great lies of liberalism is the minimum wage is a tide that lifts all boats when it's a hurdle that prevents people from working unless they are worth $7.25 an hour. You really care about "fair" ask yourself why you prevent people from working because they are not worth a random salary chosen by you. Check the teenage unemployment stats, particularly in poor areas, and feel like the heartless ass that you are.

More than 70% of mw workers are adults.

The teenage unemployment has increased due to increased immigration, both legal and illegal. Apparently, business owners would rather hire an adult than a teenager for mw work.

Yeah, I'm a heartless ass. I'm so heartless I have taken in no less than 3 homeless young men, one of them is still with us. I am so heartless I give up my Mon afternoons to hand out free lunches to the homeless, and yes, I help pay for them. I am so heartless I have given of my time, my money and my possessions to make the lives of those less fortunate than me a little better. What have you done?

btw, I know people living in tent cities that are working. They are not on drugs, they are not alcoholics, they just don't make enough to afford an apartment. I think they should make enough to afford a roof over their heads and that make me heartless?????

Last edited:

Ollie,

Is it fair to take money away from someone simply because someone thinks they have too much? We cannot help the poor by making the rich poor.

Yeah, people would make even less than they did before...they'd be spending less, the economy would lose money, we'd lose jobs and things would go down hill even faster than they are.....good thinking!

Put the money in the hands of those who spend it, and watch the economy get back on track overnight.

Ollie,

Is it fair to take money away from someone simply because someone thinks they have too much? We cannot help the poor by making the rich poor.

"No country can long survive with the majority of it's wealth in the hands of a few."

Yeah, people would make even less than they did before...they'd be spending less, the economy would lose money, we'd lose jobs and things would go down hill even faster than they are.....good thinking!

Put the money in the hands of those who spend it, and watch the economy get back on track overnight.

Not with our government, and not with our economy. Taxing more money from the rich will only feed the pockets of our government, it certainly won't trickle down.

Libspeak translation: Take money out of the hands of those who earn it, and watch how many votes demagoguery can buy for short term political gain and long term economic disaster.

Not with our government, and not with our economy. Taxing more money from the rich will only feed the pockets of our government, it certainly won't trickle down.

It's not trickling down now! Besides, I never said anything about taxes, I said pay the mw workers more and they will spend it, there will be an influx of money into our economy making our economy BETTER.

Giving tax breaks to the wealthy certainly hasn't helped, in fact it has made things worse and you think giving more tax breaks to the wealthy will fix it??????

It's not trickling down now! Besides, I never said anything about taxes, I said pay the mw workers more and they will spend it, there will be an influx of money into our economy making our economy BETTER.

They won't be spending shit because so many fewer of them will have jobs. But that's ok, people like you will just urge the government to give them everyone else's money anyway. How stimulating!

Libspeak translation: Take money out of the hands of those who earn it, and watch how many votes demagoguery can buy for short term political gain and long term economic disaster.

Nice try, but I'm not a lib, in fact, they call me a neo con.

I use my brain...when JFK gave tax breaks, he gave them to the middleclass, increasing the spending and thereby making our economy better. When Reagan gave out his tax breaks, he gave them to the wealthy, reducing our income and ultimately raising taxes on the middle class, increasing the income gap.

Follow history a little, why don't you. Look up the gilded age and the great depression and look at the similarities. The sad thing is that in the end, the rich (not the uber rich) will lose as well. No country can long survive with the majority of it's wealth in the hands of a few.

I'm betting you are not one of the 1% so get ready because you will go down with us.

Again, why is it easier to believe that 150,000,000 Americans are lazy than that 400 of them are greedy?????

Giving tax breaks to the wealthy certainly hasn't helped, in fact it has made things worse and you think giving more tax breaks to the wealthy will fix it??????

Pay higher MW and the cost for the product will rise. The bottom line for any business is to make a profit, you can't keep the product at the same price while giving higher wages...it cuts in to the profit.

PS...I never said anything about more tax breaks for the wealthy. I don't know where that came from.

They won't be spending shit because so many fewer of them will have jobs. But that's ok, people like you will just urge the government to give them everyone else's money anyway. How stimulating!

The last few times the mw was raised there were no net loss of jobs.

They work for it, they EARN it.

Again, put the money in the hands of those who spend it and watch our economy get better overnight.

Forum List

Back