The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

You dumb ass, we are used to that, everytime congress needs a buck the first place they look is the military retirees. My prescription costs went up over a month ago, where have you been. We are always the first to give some back.....

And that is wrong.

That is why the Bush tax cuts should be repealed and the top rate should be raised.

Why balance the budget on the backs of the middle class and the working poor?

And look who has control in Washington...... Glad to see you admit this administration is wrong. It was another Dem administration that raised healthcare costs on military retirees last time. See a pattern here?

Do Dems hate the military???? :eek:

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

I wrote a $22,000 check to the IRS last April.

It will probably be more next year.

But only treasonous pussy ass Tea Party members complain about their taxes.

I pay a considerable amount of tax myself each year which does keep me from hiring.

Why are you attacking the Tea Party when we are discussing the occupy wall street group? They have nothing in common in fact they are exact opposites.

Because OWS is what the Tea Party should be.

If members of the OWS got jobs, quit smoking all that dope, and matured they might become tea party members.

I pay a considerable amount of tax myself each year which does keep me from hiring.

Why are you attacking the Tea Party when we are discussing the occupy wall street group? They have nothing in common in fact they are exact opposites.

Because OWS is what the Tea Party should be.

If members of the OWS got jobs, quit smoking all that dope, and matured they might become tea party members.

Being former OWS members, the best you could hope for would be a David Brooks type

You are a meat head..DEAD FROM THE NECK UP
"Military Contractor CEO Pay in 2010

Northrop Grumman CEO Wes Bush: $22.84 million.

Lockheed Martin CEO Robert Stevens: $21.89 million.

Boeing CEO James McNerney: $19.4 million.

Financial Sector CEO Pay in 2010

JP Morgan Chase CEO James Dimon: $20.81 million.

Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf: $18.97 million.

Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan: $1.94 million."

Not as dead as shit like this.
And shit eaters like you.

War Is a Force That Pays the 1 Percent: Occupying American Foreign Policy | Truthout

Let me explain how stock options work:
A CEO gets 350K in salary and stock options, if he wants to gamble HIS $$$.
If the stock goes up under his term then he gets the profit.
What the hell is wrong with that picture?
Edited, no family
Or Pat Tillman.
Or one of the 46,900 Iraqi children murdered by US weapons of mass destruction during Gulf War I.
CEOs who see their stocks rise because of war crimes deserve to stay alive just long enough to watch their own children die. Slowly.

MMS: Error

1_percent.jpg

Yeah and?...So someone who never planned ahead. Never figured on doing anything else except a low skill low wage job as a cafeteria worker is now OWED something?
Why did this person not use her time to acquire some additional skills and perhaps try to become the cafeteria manager or at least a supervisor? Why did she learn a skill outside the food industry to make herself more marketable?
I want to respond to your earlier comment regarding the file clerk turned secretary.
Look, file clerks are low skill, low wage employees. They come a dime a dozen. A secretary, especially one who can organize the boss' schedule, make sure he or she is on time for their meetings, gets things done is a valuable employee. The pay for this position and the skills that go with it is much higher.
No business would pay a low skill person high wages. That is not how it works.
Now in the tiny world of unions, the guy who can stop a crane, fix it and operate it gets no more money than the guy who pushes a broom all day. That's why unions are so fucked up and why business is closing them out.
IN the real world pay is commensurate with experience, skill and the position in which one is employed. DONE.

Your file clerk worked a year and a half with no raises and you defend that? Did her living expenses not go up? Was she really worth LESS before she became your secretary than when you hired her as a file clerk? Because that's what it works out to with the cost of living increases.

Do you really believe keeping your file clerks wages up with inflation is high wages? Guess that explains why you aren't in favor of an increase in mw. You don't think the low skilled workers are worth anything but slavery.

Since when am I responsible for someone else's cost of living! If they don't like it, they can do one of two things, or both for that matter. Become worth more money, or get another job someplace else. My file clerk elected to learn the skills to advance to a better paying position. As a result, her salary doubled. I always believed in keeping salaries for low skilled workers as low as possible. It's an incentive to learn and become worth more.

My old file clerk/secretary is in med school now.

If the only increases in wages you are worth are cost of living increases, face it, you are worthless as an employee. You shoudn't get those and end up vastly overpaid.

So you are saying you had a bad file clerk for a year and a half but she was a wonderful secretary? I don't buy it. You believe the file clerk should be paid the same now as 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? After all, they aren't worth a cost of living increase, are they?

You must really hate your employees if you think they are worth so little.

The kids in the streets and by that I mean the 99% white kids..(care to comment on that Chris Mathews)
don't really know why they are there I'm sure.The organizations behind them that are funding them know the agenda.

I saw a lot of stuff the last few days that leads me to believe they are being funded and organized by someone.

And to clarify my Chris Mathews comment...
Chris had a hissy fit many times with the tea party because as he saw it "they are all white"...

Well I don't see a lot of color in the OWS movement...
I don't know what you're talking about. There are plenty of minorities. Especially at #OccupyOakland and #OccupyDC.

Your file clerk worked a year and a half with no raises and you defend that? Did her living expenses not go up? Was she really worth LESS before she became your secretary than when you hired her as a file clerk? Because that's what it works out to with the cost of living increases.

Do you really believe keeping your file clerks wages up with inflation is high wages? Guess that explains why you aren't in favor of an increase in mw. You don't think the low skilled workers are worth anything but slavery.

Since when am I responsible for someone else's cost of living! If they don't like it, they can do one of two things, or both for that matter. Become worth more money, or get another job someplace else. My file clerk elected to learn the skills to advance to a better paying position. As a result, her salary doubled. I always believed in keeping salaries for low skilled workers as low as possible. It's an incentive to learn and become worth more.

My old file clerk/secretary is in med school now.

If the only increases in wages you are worth are cost of living increases, face it, you are worthless as an employee. You shoudn't get those and end up vastly overpaid.

So you are saying you had a bad file clerk for a year and a half but she was a wonderful secretary? I don't buy it. You believe the file clerk should be paid the same now as 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? After all, they aren't worth a cost of living increase, are they?

You must really hate your employees if you think they are worth so little.
He never said he had a ''BAD" file clerk.......He said he had a file clerk who had a menial job, that is noth worth paying more than thirty grand a year......If he/she didn't like what he/she was making, he/she has no obligation to stay on the job. His file clerk obviously knew the deal, and elected to get educated for a higher position and salary. That's the way it works in the working world.

And no, he had zero obligation to give a "cost of living" increase, either.

Christ, you "every child gets a trophy, gimme gimme gimme" types are friggin' clueless.

Last edited:
The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

I would say that is probably true given all the attention they have gotten from the establishment in a rather sad fascist way this week.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

God bless OWS.

It's fun to watch the right try to change that fact.

So you really want to tie your coat tails to OWS? You are more ignorant than I thought.

I fully support #OWS and wish I could be there.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

God bless OWS.

It's fun to watch the right try to change that fact.

So you really want to tie your coat tails to OWS? You are more ignorant than I thought.

Your retirement and medical benefits are going to be cut because of Wall Street's derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Do you get that?

He, and other RW Vets are cock sure that nobody in Congress will ever have the balls, politically, to propose cutting Vet benefits. So he can comfortably rail against teachers unions, and #OWS, and public pensions believing he is immune to these cuts.

Or is he?

Military veterans: The real 1 percent?

Stephen Colbert digs into Congress after it suggests vets should bear the brunt of spending cuts

Another day gone by, and the congressional supercommittee is no closer to reaching a compromise on deficit reduction mandated by this summer’s debt ceiling agreement. There’s some good news, though. Faced with the prospect of automatic cuts to both domestic discretionary and defense spending, leaders in Congress have finally come together to agree on a budget item that afford to be slashed: veterans’ health benefits.

Wait, seriously?

It’s true. As Stephen Colbert pointed out on his show last night, the Democratic and Republican leaders of the House and Senate Veterans Affairs committees recently sent a joint letter to the supercommittee recommending cuts to health benefits for the 1 percent of Americans who have served in the military.

War Is a Force That Pays the 1 Percent: Occupying American Foreign Policy | Truthout

Edited, no family
Or Pat Tillman.
Or one of the 46,900 Iraqi children murdered by US weapons of mass destruction during Gulf War I.
CEOs who see their stocks rise because of war crimes deserve to stay alive just long enough to watch their own children die. Slowly.

Fuck You.

The extreme Left lives in the world of fantasy
Truth is their worst enemy

Anyone that believes we are just a few taxes away from fixing it, is delusional

Three Little Pigs: How Entitlements Will Destroy Us

In the next few years, our major entitlement programs, in particular Social Security and Medicare, will begin to run cash-flow deficits, adding hundreds of billions each year to the debt. In fact, Social Security's total unfunded liabilities top $15.8 trillion, and depending on what accounting measure is used, Medicare's future shortfall could exceed $100 trillion.

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.​

The debt fallout: How Social Security went ‘cash negative’ earlier than expected

• This year, it will add a projected $46 billion to the nation’s budget problems, according to projections by system trustees. Replacing cash lost to a one-year payroll tax holiday will require an additional $105 billion. If the payroll tax break is expanded next year, as President Obama has proposed, Social Security will need an extra $267 billion to pay promised benefits.

Just raise taxes will fix, that's right up their with Hope and Change

Of course, if anyone talks about the real reforms that are needed, the Left goes insane
What irresponsible fear-mongering, sad how the Left will endanger the whole program to just score political points
"Social Security, until now a huge lender to the government, will begin demanding repayment to its trust fund to cover the shortfall. If fully repaid, the trust fund can fully finance benefits until 2036, when people currently about 40 years old will begin to retire. Once the trust fund runs out, monthly benefits will decrease by about a quarter..."

The debt fallout: How Social Security went ‘cash negative’ earlier than expected - The Washington Post

Who should government tax to repay what's been "borrowed" from the trust fund?
How about those who've seen their taxes slashed over the last four decades?
The richest 1% of Americans who own over 40% of our national debt?

annual salaries

kanye west: 25 million

Harrison Ford: 65 million

Leonardo Dicaprio: 77 million

Matt Damon: 22 million

George Clooney: 19 million

Johnny Depp: 50 million

Alex Rodrigues: 32 million

Kobe Bryant: 25 million

Ooops. I think this is a "never mind" moment
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EryhQdXTjP8]Simpsons - Sideshow bob steps on rakes - YouTube[/ame]

More like this.

Edited, no family
Or Pat Tillman.

Fuck You.
Wow... that should be worth a moderator time out for Georgie Porgie.

In the next few years, our major entitlement programs, in particular Social Security and Medicare, will begin to run cash-flow deficits, adding hundreds of billions each year to the debt. In fact, Social Security's total unfunded liabilities top $15.8 trillion, and depending on what accounting measure is used, Medicare's future shortfall could exceed $100 trillion.

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.​

The debt fallout: How Social Security went ‘cash negative’ earlier than expected

• This year, it will add a projected $46 billion to the nation’s budget problems, according to projections by system trustees. Replacing cash lost to a one-year payroll tax holiday will require an additional $105 billion. If the payroll tax break is expanded next year, as President Obama has proposed, Social Security will need an extra $267 billion to pay promised benefits.

Of course, if anyone talks about the real reforms that are needed, the Left goes insane
What irresponsible fear-mongering, sad how the Left will endanger the whole program to just score political points
"Social Security, until now a huge lender to the government, will begin demanding repayment to its trust fund to cover the shortfall. If fully repaid, the trust fund can fully finance benefits until 2036, when people currently about 40 years old will begin to retire. Once the trust fund runs out, monthly benefits will decrease by about a quarter..."

The debt fallout: How Social Security went ‘cash negative’ earlier than expected - The Washington Post

Nah. Let's start charging Iraq. ;)

Edited, no family
Or Pat Tillman.

Fuck You.
Wow... that should be worth a moderator time out for Georgie Porgie.

Nah.... They be light on the hammer here. ;)

You are a meat head..DEAD FROM THE NECK UP

annual salaries

kanye west: 25 million

Harrison Ford: 65 million

Leonardo Dicaprio: 77 million

Matt Damon: 22 million

George Clooney: 19 million

Johnny Depp: 50 million

Alex Rodrigues: 32 million

Kobe Bryant: 25 million

Yes! It's ridiculous. I'm glad that you see that Alex making $32 mil a year ends up making Yankee tickets go up to $100 or more per seat.

Hey - maybe:

It’s time to Occupy Hollywood!

It's time to stop paying Johnny Depp "stupid money." Celebrities make too much -- and we can do something about it

The great recession is not Johnny Depp’s fault. Johnny Depp did not decimate your 401K and your children’s college savings plans. He did not foreclose your home. He did not take away your health insurance when you got laid off. He did not start charging you new monthly banking fees while awarding himself a hefty bonus. All the guy’s ever done is dress like a pirate and entertain people.

Johnny Depp is not the problem. But the entertainment industry is so bloated and reckless that it can pay him $50 million in the last year alone. Depp just shrugs: “If they’re going to pay me the stupid money right now, I’m going to take it.” But in the midst of economic collapse, it’s time to stop paying Johnny Depp stupid money. It’s time to Occupy Hollywood.

Depp isn’t the only wildly overpaid person in America, of course, and actors aren’t the only mega-earners. Tiger Woods’ salary and endorsements will earn him about $62 million this year – which is actually a stunning comedown of nearly $30 million in the wake of his marital implosion. And thanks to hefty album sales and a smash tour, Lady Gaga will pull in roughly $90 million. That’s a lot of lobster shoes.

*snip*

As Brent Cox explained for the Awl last month, even adjusted for inflation, Hollywood has never before paid the kind of psycho money it’s hemorrhaging on its stars now. In 2011 money, Marilyn Monroe would have clocked in at a modest under $2 million for “The Misfits.” Leonardo DiCaprio, in contrast, stands to make $50 million for “Inception.”

To pay for the stars, studios have gutted the number of movies they make by 20 percent. And while Depp earns enough to buy himself a small planet, Jack Sparrow’s home at Disney is laying off hundreds of employees. This is the same studio whose sense of proportion is so out of whack that it prides itself on sticking to a $215 million budget for a remake of “The Lone Ranger,” starring, of course, Johnny Depp. In a harrowingly grandiose statement of out-of-touchness, Jerry Bruckheimer told the Hollywood Reporter this week, “For the smaller scenes [we] laid off the extras, the effects people, the makeup people … We bunched together scenes with Tonto and the Lone Ranger, so we had a much smaller crew. We saved about $10 million just by doing that.” Wait, that’s how you saved money? Laying off effects people?

Nah. Let's start charging Iraq. ;)
How about we change the bottom 47% that profit from "paying" taxes?

Just a thought.

Maybe make them greedy sons-a-bees have to work for a living instead of waiting for their gubmint check and have spare time to extort money via protest.

Forum List

Back