🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

Move your money to a credit union.

I already have.
Hopefully tens of millions of US savers will follow.

Mike Whitney recently quoted Reuters regarding the EU's "original sin":

"“More than a dozen years ago when the single European currency was born, Reuters polls of economists show they were well aware of many of the flaws that threaten the euro today….

“I was aware of the problem that you have a monetary union without a fiscal union, and I wrote about the issues that low interest rates for the periphery will likely get them into a boom, but what happens when the boom goes bust?”

Here's what Whitney concluded:

"So, why did the policymakers shrug off their warnings and charge ahead anyway?

"Well, because that’s what the corporatists and big finance wanted; a single market with low transaction costs.

"Lower costs mean bigger profits, and that’s the name of the game.

"Unfortunately, bigger profits are no guarantee of system viability. Currently, the eurozone is in meltdown-phase, because the existing system doesn’t work and there’s no way to fix it without greater political integration. So far, there’s no movement on that front at all."

Do you think he's right?

If the EU dissolves, is there any way of predicting what happens on Wall Street?

Past the Point of No Return » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The real losers, as usual

The taxpayers

‘Occupy’ Protests Cost Cities Millions
The real winners, the 1% as usual.

"According to a team at Bloomberg News, at one point last year the U.S. had lent, spent or guaranteed as much as $12.8 trillion to rescue the economy. The Bloomberg reporters have been following that money. Alison Stewart spoke with one, Bob Ivry, to talk about the true cost to the taxpayer of the Wall Street bailout."

The true cost of the bank bailout | Need to Know | PBS

Don't hang the messenger.
Crucify Wall Street.

I once had a judge with your name - he was a tyrant too..
I've found myself in front of a few judges like that.
I'm pretty sure they were all conservatives with corporate leanings.
It's hard to find a good judge.

"Question What is a trillion?

"A million seconds is about 11 and 1/2 days, a billion seconds is 32 years and a trillion seconds is 32,000 years."

(or,)

John Kitzhaber (former Gov. Oregon), looked at how much a ‘trillion’ really is:

1 million seconds ago was Last week.

1 billion seconds ago, Nixon leaves White House.

1 trillion seconds ago, 30,000 BC."

Act Two of Wall Street's Great Ponzi Production is opening in Europe.

How much of their wealth will conservatives hand over this time?

Category:Trillions Account - Eurêka

What a goofball..............:up:

national-debt-chart1.png

s0n......you are the definition of the naive asshole...........like all the jerkoffs down in OWS. How many are down there? A couple of thousand........maybe? This is America s0n......and in America, your world view is far, far fringe. In fact, your view barely fits on the political spectrum s0n..............

political-spectrum.jpg
America's calling for Wall Street and the 1% to pay their fair share.
America's calling for less war and more jobs
America's calling for prosecutions of those responsible for the Great Recession.
America's calling for an end of the rule of the 1%.
(Ask Scott Walker if you're too stupid to understand)

HOW'S THAT BIG RED WAVE WORKIN?

Well, actually they are not.

OWS is, but who are they and what do they matter ?

What a goofball..............:up:

national-debt-chart1.png

s0n......you are the definition of the naive asshole...........like all the jerkoffs down in OWS. How many are down there? A couple of thousand........maybe? This is America s0n......and in America, your world view is far, far fringe. In fact, your view barely fits on the political spectrum s0n..............

political-spectrum.jpg
America's calling for Wall Street and the 1% to pay their fair share.
America's calling for less war and more jobs
America's calling for prosecutions of those responsible for the Great Recession.
America's calling for an end of the rule of the 1%.
(Ask Scott Walker if you're too stupid to understand)

HOW'S THAT BIG RED WAVE WORKIN?

Well, actually they are not.

OWS is, but who are they and what do they matter ?

h/t Ross
Summing up OWS in one photo

111127-ows-summed-up.jpg

bloody153547--300x300.jpg

Priceless image!!!!:D:boobies::funnyface:

Look at the expression on that mug............does this not DEFINE the word .........DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, read his lips.................

MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point.
Arrest all of them and fine them heavily. Then Mom and Dad cut them off and their ranks decline 80%+.
Violence is never the option when there are others.

bloody153547--300x300.jpg

Priceless image!!!!:D:boobies::funnyface:

Look at the expression on that mug............does this not DEFINE the word .........DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, read his lips.................

MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point.
Arrest all of them and fine them heavily. Then Mom and Dad cut them off and their ranks decline 80%+.
Violence is never the option when there are others.

That would always be the preferred method. Unfortunately some of these idiots want force to be used against them. It was so funny locally when they were told they had to remove their tent and burn barrel by midnight. All 12 of the regular protesters stood in front of their tent from 1130 until 1 AM waiting for the police to show up.
The Police waited until 7 AM and showed up with the fire department while there were only 4 protesters present. Picked up everything and carried it away. Funny as hell.....

"And finally, I am optimistic about Occupy because I see similarities with earlier movements that led to significant reforms. Odd as it may seem, Occupy’s situation resembles in some ways the agrarian revolt of the late nineteenth century.

"I say odd because the Populists were poverty-plagued farmers; but like today’s protesters, they were getting crushed by the banking system and monopoly capitalism.

"For an inspiring portrait of what ordinary Americans can accomplish in adversity, read Lawrence Goodwyn’s epic history The Populist Moment.

"The Populists well understood that nobody was on their side, neither the government nor the bankers. As industrial capitalism advanced, the brutal credit system was converting yeoman farmers of the South and Midwest into landless peasants (a bit like the foreclosure crisis impoverishing homeowners in our time)..."

The Democratic Promise of Occupy Wall Street | Common Dreams

"And finally, I am optimistic about Occupy because I see similarities with earlier movements that led to significant reforms. Odd as it may seem, Occupy’s situation resembles in some ways the agrarian revolt of the late nineteenth century.

"I say odd because the Populists were poverty-plagued farmers; but like today’s protesters, they were getting crushed by the banking system and monopoly capitalism.

"For an inspiring portrait of what ordinary Americans can accomplish in adversity, read Lawrence Goodwyn’s epic history The Populist Moment.

"The Populists well understood that nobody was on their side, neither the government nor the bankers. As industrial capitalism advanced, the brutal credit system was converting yeoman farmers of the South and Midwest into landless peasants (a bit like the foreclosure crisis impoverishing homeowners in our time)..."

The Democratic Promise of Occupy Wall Street | Common Dreams
Oy Vey..
The weather is getting cold, the people went from curious to sympathetic from afar, to annoyed to pissed off and now to "disinterested and go about my day".
OWS will be a memory after Jan 1st..
The OWS movement has the shelf life of the "Macarena".
Nobody cares. At last nobody important( the above mentioned disinterested. WE are the important people OWS needed to be on their side.
OWS went stupid then radical, then violent then to just a big pain in the ass. Well, judging by the numbers left at the OWS encampent here, it's now a 'small pain in the ass'..
5 tents. Down from about oh, 75 to 100.I do however expect OWS to ramp up in Charlotte and Tampa. The sites of the Democrat and GOP national conventions.

I just read the Atlanta Occutard list of demands. What it amounts to is a Marxist wish list.
First off is a demand for student loan relief. What a joke!
I paid for mine, my kids pay theirs off. Why is it my responsibility to pay off a 100K loan that an Occutard took out for a degree in primitive cultures?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I just read the Atlanta Occutard list of demands. What it amounts to is a Marxist wish list.
I paid for mine, my kids pay theirs off. Why is it my responsibility to pay off a 100K loan that an Occutard took out for a degree in primitive cultures?

I thought for sure I had read that the average Student Loan was somewhere around $26,000. Hell, nearly any decent new car will cost you more than that.......

I thought for sure I had read that the average Student Loan was somewhere around $26,000. Hell, nearly any decent new car will cost you more than that.......

Ollie, the biggest problem we have now are the private off the wall on line colleges. VA and other government benefits allows payment to them. Phoenix University is one of the worst. Government pays 40K to these crooks that a vet could get the same degree at their local community college for 4K.
Something has to be done but these on line companies have Republicans and Democrats in their back pockets on the hill.
And they have NO loans on these. Add in the loans and you have over 1 trillion now in college loans.
the average loan is about 25K but that takes into account ALL students. Average loan amongst graduates with a loan is over 45K.
Mine have 25K and 14K and my daughter has an acting career to pay for hers.

Forum List

Back