🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

Ollie, the biggest problem we have now are the private off the wall on line colleges. VA and other government benefits allows payment to them. Phoenix University is one of the worst. Government pays 40K to these crooks that a vet could get the same degree at their local community college for 4K.
Something has to be done but these on line companies have Republicans and Democrats in their back pockets on the hill.
And they have NO loans on these. Add in the loans and you have over 1 trillion now in college loans.
the average loan is about 25K but that takes into account ALL students. Average loan amongst graduates with a loan is over 45K.
Mine have 25K and 14K and my daughter has an acting career to pay for hers.

My daughter spent 7 years getting her nursing degree working full time and going to school weekends and nights. She has so far refused any help and will not discuss if she even has any student loans. She tells her Mother and I to "Don't worry about it, we're doing fine." And she does drive a new car and has a better house than we do.... While raising 2 teenagers now......
Can you wrap your mind around the concept of cultural inheritance?

This country is rich enough to pay for the higher education of all its citizens who qualify.

Free education is part of a dividend paid for by the collective heritage of all the "knowledge, technique and processes that have been handed down to us incrementally from the origins of civilization."

For the last 500 years, capital has claimed the dividend on our collective inheritance in the same way it claims the ownership of the goods produced by the labor of those like your daughter.

Economists ranging from Adam Smith and David Ricardo to Karl Marx have claimed labor creates all value; that value could just as easily subsidize free higher education for the 99% instead of conspicuous consumption for the 1%.

Social Credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-45.jpg

Ollie, the biggest problem we have now are the private off the wall on line colleges. VA and other government benefits allows payment to them. Phoenix University is one of the worst. Government pays 40K to these crooks that a vet could get the same degree at their local community college for 4K.
Something has to be done but these on line companies have Republicans and Democrats in their back pockets on the hill.
And they have NO loans on these. Add in the loans and you have over 1 trillion now in college loans.
the average loan is about 25K but that takes into account ALL students. Average loan amongst graduates with a loan is over 45K.
Mine have 25K and 14K and my daughter has an acting career to pay for hers.

My daughter spent 7 years getting her nursing degree working full time and going to school weekends and nights. She has so far refused any help and will not discuss if she even has any student loans. She tells her Mother and I to "Don't worry about it, we're doing fine." And she does drive a new car and has a better house than we do.... While raising 2 teenagers now......

This country is rich enough to pay for the higher education of all its citizens who qualify.

Free education is part of a dividend paid for by the collective heritage of all the "knowledge, technique and processes that have been handed down to us incrementally from the origins of civilization."

For the last 500 years, capital has claimed the dividend on our collective inheritance in the same way it claims the ownership of the goods produced by the labor of those like your daughter.

Economists ranging from Adam Smith and David Ricardo to Karl Marx have claimed labor creates all value; that value could just as easily subsidize free higher education for the 99% instead of conspicuous consumption for the 1%.

That's it in a nutshell.

Money spent on education, healthcare, technology, research, and infrastructure is what creates wealth.

People are our greatest asset. The Republicans have never understood that.

"this country" would be you and I.
"free education" nothing is free.
If you are willing to pony up an extra 10K a year to pay for the education of others then by all means do so.
I pay for my own kids and never expect anything for "free".
This country has never been richer.

"And no one calculated until now that banks reaped an estimated $13 billion of income by taking advantage of the Fed’s below-market rates, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its January issue."

Secret Fed Loans Gave Banks $13 Billion Undisclosed to Congress - Bloomberg

$12.8 trillion lent, spent or guaranteed so far bailing out those who caused the Great Recession.
The richest 400 Americans (neither you nor I) have more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans.
The money to pay for universal education and healthcare is already here.
The 1% think it belongs to them.
It doesn't.
It is part of the common cultural inheritance of humanity.

s0n........found a site just for you..............

What The Fuck?

That's it in a nutshell.

Money spent on education, healthcare, technology, research, and infrastructure is what creates wealth.

I am Republican and agree 100% with you.
I spend $$ on education, healthcare, technology, research and infrastructure everyday.
Name ONE of those that government does a better job than the private sector in running?
Government is the problem. Everything they subsidize the price skyrockets.
Infrastructure is the only thing you mentioned that government funds for the common good that HAS NO competition. You do not see 2 bridges built and then they pick the best one.
Government has NO place in education, heatlhcare, technology and research. If they stayed out of it they would do ok on their own. 1880-1920.

That's it in a nutshell.

3-women-laughing-9.jpg

s0n.......as Ive been saying for two years now.......you have the political IQ of a small soap dish!!!

The Keynesian model gets rolled out every several generations, fails in spectacular fashion and is then mothballed for 2 or 3 more generations.

Oh......and PS asshole........this is a POLITICS forum.........not the Utopian Ideology Forum!!!

Last edited:

That's it in a nutshell.

I spend $$ on education, healthcare, technology, research and infrastructure everyday.
Name ONE of those that government does a better job than the private sector in running?
Infrastructure is the only thing you mentioned that government funds for the common good that HAS NO competition. You do not see 2 bridges built and then they pick the best one.
Government has NO place in education, heatlhcare, technology and research. If they stayed out of it they would do ok on their own. 1880-1920.

Actually government does a pretty good job with all of those.

You really need to get over this ridiculous goverment bad, private sector good, shit.

It was the private sector's Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy in 1929 and in 2008.

That's it in a nutshell.

What role did government play in your education?
Did taxpayers contribute?

How about the Pentagon's contribution to the technology we are communicating with at this moment?

When government fails it is usually because the richest 1% of its citizens have consolidated state power for their own selfish ends. The solution would seem to involve government doing the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of citizens instead of the richest 1%.

That's it in a nutshell.

How about the Pentagon's contribution to the technology we are communicating with at this moment?

When government fails it is usually because the richest 1% of its citizens have consolidated state power for their own selfish ends. The solution would seem to involve government doing the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of citizens instead of the richest 1%.

What a dummy..................

s0n..........this is a POLITICS forum.

U.S. Political Ideology Stable With Conservatives Leading

Philosophy is gay..........

Already been called s0n..................

peewee-4.jpg

ps..........your way of thinking s0n is fringe on its best day........but here in 2011, barely on the political spectrum!!! But stick around here please..........makes this site a fcukking hoot!!!

Last edited:
That's it in a nutshell.

Exactly.

And if more people would get involved in politics, this would happen.

Look at how much OWS has been able to change the dialogue.

Exactly.

Really? :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Really? :rolleyes:

Yes. Now I talk about tuberculosis and scabies. I didn't used to.

Speaking of doing business in the shadows, did you happen to catch the democrats formulating obamacare behind closed doors and passing it in the middle of the night?
They went as far as to schmooze Olympia Snow for her vote and then kicked her out....Priceless. :lol:

That's it in a nutshell.

You really need to get over this ridiculous goverment bad, private sector good, shit.

It was the private sector's Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy in 1929 and in 2008.

Government schools as good as private schools?
Government health care as good as private health care?
You know better Chris.
Government technology as good as private technology"
When the prescription drug bill passed the pharmacists sent over their first billing cycle and Medicare could not handle it. They still do it with hard copy paper!
Government research? Yeah, we do a lot of it. We study with 2 million of tax dollars grandparents in Alaska and 4 million to study ants in Europe to name 2 of thousands.
Come on Chris, THINK. I know you are smarter than that.

Speaking of doing business in the shadows, did you happen to catch the democrats formulating obamacare behind closed doors and passing it in the middle of the night?
They went as far as to schmooze Olympia Snow for her vote and then kicked her out....Priceless. :lol:
"Representative Scott Garrett , a New Jersey Republican, has teamed up with Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, a New York Democrat, to introduce the Swap Execution Facility Clarification Act.

"It would bar the Securities and Exchange Commission and the C.F.T.C. from requiring swap execution facilities to have a minimum number of participants or mandating displays of prices. Both mechanisms promote transparency."

Do we agree Republicans AND Democrats depend on the 1% to fund their campaigns?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/business/slipping-backward-on-transparency-for-swaps.html?_r=1&utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=6bfe0363bc-DD_11_28_1111_28_2011&utm_medium=email

Government schools as good as private schools?
Government health care as good as private health care?
You know better Chris.
Government technology as good as private technology"
When the prescription drug bill passed the pharmacists sent over their first billing cycle and Medicare could not handle it. They still do it with hard copy paper!
Government research? Yeah, we do a lot of it. We study with 2 million of tax dollars grandparents in Alaska and 4 million to study ants in Europe to name 2 of thousands.
Come on Chris, THINK. I know you are smarter than that.

Sorry, I don't buy into your ridiculous all government is bad shit.

Out of control capitalism destroyed the world economy in 1929 and 2008.

We are still suffering the consequences.

The best system is always the public and private sector working together.

By the way, do you drive on the interstate?

"Representative Scott Garrett , a New Jersey Republican, has teamed up with Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, a New York Democrat, to introduce the Swap Execution Facility Clarification Act.

"It would bar the Securities and Exchange Commission and the C.F.T.C. from requiring swap execution facilities to have a minimum number of participants or mandating displays of prices. Both mechanisms promote transparency."

Do we agree Republicans AND Democrats depend on the 1% to fund their campaigns?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/business/slipping-backward-on-transparency-for-swaps.html?_r=1&utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=6bfe0363bc-DD_11_28_1111_28_2011&utm_medium=email

Hands down :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back