🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

I just read the Atlanta Occutard list of demands. What it amounts to is a Marxist wish list.
First off is a demand for student loan relief. What a joke!
I paid for mine, my kids pay theirs off. Why is it my responsibility to pay off a 100K loan that an Occutard took out for a degree in primitive cultures?

I thought for sure I had read that the average Student Loan was somewhere around $26,000. Hell, nearly any decent new car will cost you more than that.......

Ollie, the biggest problem we have now are the private off the wall on line colleges. VA and other government benefits allows payment to them. Phoenix University is one of the worst. Government pays 40K to these crooks that a vet could get the same degree at their local community college for 4K.
Something has to be done but these on line companies have Republicans and Democrats in their back pockets on the hill.
And they have NO loans on these. Add in the loans and you have over 1 trillion now in college loans.
the average loan is about 25K but that takes into account ALL students. Average loan amongst graduates with a loan is over 45K.
Mine have 25K and 14K and my daughter has an acting career to pay for hers.

My daughter spent 7 years getting her nursing degree working full time and going to school weekends and nights. She has so far refused any help and will not discuss if she even has any student loans. She tells her Mother and I to "Don't worry about it, we're doing fine." And she does drive a new car and has a better house than we do.... While raising 2 teenagers now......

I thought for sure I had read that the average Student Loan was somewhere around $26,000. Hell, nearly any decent new car will cost you more than that.......

Ollie, the biggest problem we have now are the private off the wall on line colleges. VA and other government benefits allows payment to them. Phoenix University is one of the worst. Government pays 40K to these crooks that a vet could get the same degree at their local community college for 4K.
Something has to be done but these on line companies have Republicans and Democrats in their back pockets on the hill.
And they have NO loans on these. Add in the loans and you have over 1 trillion now in college loans.
the average loan is about 25K but that takes into account ALL students. Average loan amongst graduates with a loan is over 45K.

My daughter spent 7 years getting her nursing degree working full time and going to school weekends and nights. She has so far refused any help and will not discuss if she even has any student loans. She tells her Mother and I to "Don't worry about it, we're doing fine." And she does drive a new car and has a better house than we do.... While raising 2 teenagers now......

If a former red neck done good like me can do it anyone can do it.
I am educated far beyond my intelligence. I did it the old fashioned way:
I EARNED IT!!
Good luck to your daughter. You raised her right. Be proud Ollie!!!

I just read the Atlanta Occutard list of demands. What it amounts to is a Marxist wish list.
I paid for mine, my kids pay theirs off. Why is it my responsibility to pay off a 100K loan that an Occutard took out for a degree in primitive cultures?

Why do you think Democrats had the government take over student loans?

To buy votes down the road....................

Why do you think Democrats had the government take over student loans?

To buy votes down the road....................

The government already controlled student loans. It simply paid other people to administer the program while it bore the risk.

Can you wrap your mind around the concept of cultural inheritance?

This country is rich enough to pay for the higher education of all its citizens who qualify.

Free education is part of a dividend paid for by the collective heritage of all the "knowledge, technique and processes that have been handed down to us incrementally from the origins of civilization."

For the last 500 years, capital has claimed the dividend on our collective inheritance in the same way it claims the ownership of the goods produced by the labor of those like your daughter.

Economists ranging from Adam Smith and David Ricardo to Karl Marx have claimed labor creates all value; that value could just as easily subsidize free higher education for the 99% instead of conspicuous consumption for the 1%.

Social Credit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This country is rich enough to pay for the higher education of all its citizens who qualify.

Free education is part of a dividend paid for by the collective heritage of all the "knowledge, technique and processes that have been handed down to us incrementally from the origins of civilization."

For the last 500 years, capital has claimed the dividend on our collective inheritance in the same way it claims the ownership of the goods produced by the labor of those like your daughter.

Economists ranging from Adam Smith and David Ricardo to Karl Marx have claimed labor creates all value; that value could just as easily subsidize free higher education for the 99% instead of conspicuous consumption for the 1%.

"this country" would be you and I.
"free education" nothing is free.
If you are willing to pony up an extra 10K a year to pay for the education of others then by all means do so.
I pay for my own kids and never expect anything for "free".

You are an idiot......... No I don't want to pay for you to move up from idiocy to ignorance. Pay for yourself.

From one of the websites cons love to hate:

In the world where Occupy had never happened, Republicans would've held these tax cuts hostage without suffering any ill repercussions. Why would they? The chattering class and Beltway media would be droning on endlessly about deficits and other things that didn't matter.

In this world, Occupy has thrust income inequality to the forefront of the political debate -- so much so that typically immovable Republicans are afraid to feed that narrative.

In other words, a ragtag bunch of hippies with supposedly no demands have done what Democrats have never been able to do -- get Republicans to cry "uncle".

So true...suck it, cons.

Daily Kos: Occupy scores victory against Republicans

:D

If you are willing to pony up an extra 10K a year to pay for the education of others then by all means do so.
Those who demand free access to anyone else's labor, property or skill endorses slavery.

What we have here is a babbling goofy-assed bunch of whiny crybabies demanding their rights as slave owners as long as the slave is not them.

Not all education has value.

Not to mention the simple fact that government subsidized education causes the price for school to sky-rocket. Then the qualifications for funding will have to be trimmed so much that only the sellected few will be allowed to get an education.

Btw, rarely did a prof ever teach me. I had to teach myself.

Last edited:

In the world where Occupy had never happened, Republicans would've held these tax cuts hostage without suffering any ill repercussions. Why would they? The chattering class and Beltway media would be droning on endlessly about deficits and other things that didn't matter.

In this world, Occupy has thrust income inequality to the forefront of the political debate -- so much so that typically immovable Republicans are afraid to feed that narrative.

In other words, a ragtag bunch of hippies with supposedly no demands have done what Democrats have never been able to do -- get Republicans to cry "uncle".

So true...suck it, cons.

Dream on Dirt-bag.

If your idea of sticking it to The Man is abusing yourXXXXXand I catch you doing it I'll shove my foot so far up your ass you'll be tasting Kiwi for a month.

Last edited:

This country has never been richer.

"And no one calculated until now that banks reaped an estimated $13 billion of income by taking advantage of the Fed’s below-market rates, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its January issue."

Secret Fed Loans Gave Banks $13 Billion Undisclosed to Congress - Bloomberg

$12.8 trillion lent, spent or guaranteed so far bailing out those who caused the Great Recession.
The richest 400 Americans (neither you nor I) have more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans.
The money to pay for universal education and healthcare is already here.
The 1% think it belongs to them.
It doesn't.
It is part of the common cultural inheritance of humanity.

"And no one calculated until now that banks reaped an estimated $13 billion of income by taking advantage of the Fed’s below-market rates, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its January issue."

$12.8 trillion lent, spent or guaranteed so far bailing out those who caused the Great Recession.
The richest 400 Americans (neither you nor I) have more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans.
It doesn't.

Then pony up your $$$ and educate a few kids on your street. Have at it.
I have about 100K in educating my own. Not my responsibility to do anything more.

It doesn't.

Then pony up your $$$ and educate a few kids on your street. Have at it.
I have about 100K in educating my own. Not my responsibility to do anything more.

Apparently your not getting what Georgie is saying, Gadawg. He wants the other guy to pay....not him. It wouldn't be free if he had to pay for the other guy's education.

It doesn't.

You're not just an idiot, you're a fucking idiot......and apparently a wannabe thief too. Do you honestly think that the money Sam Walton made from creating and growing Walmart, or that Bill Gates made with MicroSoft belongs to you? Seriously? They provide a product(s) or service that people are willing to spend their money on. They earned it just like the people who bought their products earned their money. What you have is what you have. What someone else has it what someone else has. If you want to have more, get off of your ass and do something to get more. There are no free rides. No one owes you anything.

So true...suck it, cons.

Dream on Dirt-bag.

If your idea of sticking it to The Man is abusing yourXXXXXand I catch you doing it I'll shove my foot so far up your ass you'll be tasting Kiwi for a month.

Suck on this, too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/u...ls-even-in-strongholds-survey-finds.html?_r=1

So true...suck it, cons.

Dream on Dirt-bag.

Suck on this, too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/u...ls-even-in-strongholds-survey-finds.html?_r=1

What the article correctly states is that members of the T party are as unsatisfied with Republican politicians as they are Democrat politicians.
Well no shit, YA THINK!!

Forum List

Back