🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

lol...actually, this is what I do for a living.....I am a business plannner, human resource solutions consultant, recruiter and past President of my trade association here in the tri state area (NY, NJ, Conn)...

We conduct certain surveys on a quarterly basis...and of course, annual surveys.

In 2010 we found that Companies that have unionized labor show a near 98% usage of all vacatioin days, sick days, personal days and floating holidays...and the average amount of berevement days was greater than 2 per employee (2.05).

For non unionized companies we found that whereas the employee handbook offered an average of 5 sick days, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays and unlimited berevement days for all nuclear family memebers stretched out to grandparents , first cousins, first aunt and uncles and close friends we found each employee used a shade over 2 sick days, less than 1 personal day, exactly 1 floating holiday and less than 1 berevement day.

Of course, we find similar numbers year after year...and no, we are not at all surprised.

TOTALLY believable.

When one works in a situation where you have very little job security one tends to keep off managments radar.

When one has job security, one is much more likely to take advantage of the benefits that one is offered.

you are assuming that a great work ethic does not result in job security.....I can say it absolutely does.

You are also assuming that those that use all of their sick days are truly sick.

However....

2 things I did not add from our survey results....

of the 2% of offered time NOT used in unionized companies.......over 92% of those employees that did not use all of thier offered time off were first year employees.

78% of sick days and personal days were taken in the 12th month of the respective employees year....in other words, they used them before they lost them......which means more oftern than not, they were calling in sick ONLY becuase they were allowed to...not becuase they needed to.

Most unions if you do not use ALL of your sick days, sick or not, the other union members will kick your ass.

lol...actually, this is what I do for a living.....I am a business plannner, human resource solutions consultant, recruiter and past President of my trade association here in the tri state area (NY, NJ, Conn)...

We conduct certain surveys on a quarterly basis...and of course, annual surveys.

In 2010 we found that Companies that have unionized labor show a near 98% usage of all vacatioin days, sick days, personal days and floating holidays...and the average amount of berevement days was greater than 2 per employee (2.05).

For non unionized companies we found that whereas the employee handbook offered an average of 5 sick days, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays and unlimited berevement days for all nuclear family memebers stretched out to grandparents , first cousins, first aunt and uncles and close friends we found each employee used a shade over 2 sick days, less than 1 personal day, exactly 1 floating holiday and less than 1 berevement day.

Of course, we find similar numbers year after year...and no, we are not at all surprised.

TOTALLY believable.

When one works in a situation where you have very little job security one tends to keep off managments radar.

When one has job security, one is much more likely to take advantage of the benefits that one is offered.

you are assuming that a great work ethic does not result in job security.....I can say it absolutely does.

You are also assuming that those that use all of their sick days are truly sick.

However....

of the 2% of offered time NOT used in unionized companies.......over 92% of those employees that did not use all of thier offered time off were first year employees.

78% of sick days and personal days were taken in the 12th month of the respective employees year....in other words, they used them before they lost them......which means more oftern than not, they were calling in sick ONLY becuase they were allowed to...not becuase they needed to.

Jarhead, just wanted to thank you for the important facts you've shared here. Some may just call these trends of using these "free" days off just human nature, but I feel it is just asking for low ethics in the work force. When that high percentage of days being taken are in the month where you "use them or lose them" we can see that it's just taking advantage of a situation that delineates the hard worker from the poor worker that has no intention of being the best he can be.

Time for the unions to go and get America back to work for the community instead taking advantage of the community.

TOTALLY believable.

However....

Jarhead, just wanted to thank you for the important facts you've shared here. Some may just call these trends of using these "free" days off just human nature, but I feel it is just asking for low ethics in the work force. When that high percentage of days being taken are in the month where you "use them or lose them" we can see that it's just taking advantage of a situation that delineates the hard worker from the poor worker that has no intention of being the best he can be.

Time for the unions to go and get America back to work for the community instead taking advantage of the community.

when we survey, we interview employees...and of course, their responses are recorded as anonymous.

Uniuonized employees on the most part see sick days as "earned"......they admit that t hey see them as vacation days and many have admitted to using them as vacation days and then forced to come to work sick when they run out of sick days that were used as vacatioin days.

another stat...in a unionized company, nearly 82% (81.6) those that took more than 4 vacation days in a string ALSO called in sick the day before or the day after that string of vacation days.

In a non unionized company that number is cut in more than half to 39.3%.

Unions are bad for the productive worker. They are chained to the standard negotiated wage that the unions mandate for each and every worker for that job description.

Yeah, now if they didn't have a union, instead of everyone in that job description making $50,000 a year in pay and benefits, the best workers could make $40,000 while their less-motivated co-workers would make $30,000.

Damn those unions anyway. :tongue:

Yes, and MILLIONS of Americans were laid off because of what Wall Street did.

I didn't even know that millions of Americans worked on Wall Street in the first place.

No matter, they should have to pay reparations in the form of free houses and free 40's.

It's Wall Street's fault that I live in a refrigerator box behind the Chicago central library.

You really can't understand the impact of Wall Street's Ponzi scheme until you have stood in the bedroom of a construction worker and seen the bullet hole in the ceiling where he shot himself because he lost his job of 17 years.

Very sad, comrad Chris. Jobs should be free for who ever wants them.

Me, I am permanently disabled and get SSI. I suffer from WAS. I used to get welfare, but the great man, Bill Clinton give me a huge raise, doubling my monthly stipend by moving me to SSI.

It was welfare reform I could believe in.

(Work Avoidance Syndrom.)

Yes it is!!!!! And much faster than I ever thought possible. I salute those folks!

I'll join you!

Let's raise our 40's together and drink a toast to the reasonable demands of, well whatever it is we are demanding!

Hey, you got any change?

OWS has certainly changed the political debate.

That alone makes it a successful popilist movement.

Nah, it has only exposed the Marxists for what they truly are... a bunch of street shitting punks hell bent on destroying capitalism.

Overall, they have little support among the vast majority of normal, thinking Americans.

Right you are brother; down with capitalism. Free 40's for everyone.

Say, do I have to start using a cloth bag? The liquor store said my traditional brown paper bag isn't environmentally friendly.

Nah, it has only exposed the Marxists for what they truly are... a bunch of street shitting punks hell bent on destroying capitalism.

Overall, they have little support among the vast majority of normal, thinking Americans.

It was Wall Street that destroyed capitalism with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

God bless these protesters for bringing attention to it.

It was Wall Street that destroyed capitalism with a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme.

God bless these protesters for bringing pot, booze and young girls.

I'll occupy anything you want, for another 40...

you mean these protesters are the ones who figured that out?

No one knew it before?

And what makes you think these protesters are correct?

Are they the top economists in the world?

I thought the top economists in the world are advising Obama?

you mean these protesters are the ones who figured that out?

No one knew it before?

And what makes you think these protesters are correct?

Are they the top economists in the world?

I thought the top economists in the world are advising Obama?

The protesters have changed the dialogue.

And before it was NEVER mentioned in the main stream media.

The only one who really talked about it was Warren Buffett. He warned about the derivatvie bubble in 2003!

And the sun rises in the east because some god gets on his chariot and rides across the sky every day.

I guess some things just never change.

Like the willingness of some to distill complex situations to simple one line sentences.

How is Texaco working out for you ? If I listened to you...they own everything.

Working? Shit. The current majority of the Occupados Minneapolis consists of homeless taking up space and a dozen protesters working in shifts as long as the money keeps flowing in their pocket. Too bad the weather and the city is having enough.

And no demands met.

Sure... that's working out well.

Working? Shit. The current majority of the Occupados Minneapolis consists of homeless taking up space and a dozen protesters working in shifts as long as the money keeps flowing in their pocket. Too bad the weather and the city is having enough.

And no demands met.

Sure... that's working out well.

Yes, but the dialogue has changed.

It is not longer deficits....

It is "Help Help....I'm being raped."

And "Somebody better call the fire department again."

With all the bad conduct by banks, credit unions are a much better option for keeping your money out of the hands of the banksters. Why give your money to someone who doesn’t respect you or your financial health? See what I’m talking about at learnmore.asmarterchoice.org. There’s info about making the switch, too.

With all the bad conduct by banks, credit unions are a much better option for keeping your money out of the hands of the banksters. Why give your money to someone who doesn’t respect you or your financial health? See what I’m talking about at learnmore.asmarterchoice.org. There’s info about making the switch, too.

That's the solution. Vote with your feet.

I moved my money to RBC, but they are being bought out, so I may switch to a credit union.

Over 1,000,000 Americans have moved their money out of the big banks in the last month thanks to OWS.

How long before the Republicans call for abolishing credit unions?

Capitalism has not been destroyed and is still the best way for people to prosper.

Capitalism has not been destroyed and is still the best way for people to prosper.

Now you are defending Ponzi schemes?

Listen to yourself.

Forum List

Back