The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Western Wall is not the Temple Wall and we've known this since time immemorial you dunce.
Oh, cool, I keep hearing the Muslims built all that stuff 1000 years ago on top of Jewish temples. Please alert your zionists. We can end this madness.
The Greeks, the Romans, the Persians, the Muslims.
Yes, all of your friends invaded Israel and that's fine because they weren't and aren't JOOOOS.

The Western Wall is not the Temple Wall and we've known this since time immemorial you dunce.
Oh, cool, I keep hearing the Muslims built all that stuff 1000 years ago on top of Jewish temples. Please alert your zionists. We can end this madness.
How does it feel knowing there's not a damn thing you can do about justice finally being done.
Must hurt like a bitch.

Yes, all of your friends invaded Israel and that's fine because they weren't and aren't JOOOOS.
I am just talking about the temple mount now and resolving this major issue.

I am just talking about the temple mount now and resolving this major issue.
The issue has been resolved like every other issue you have brought up in vain.
Your mullah just pays you to post bullshit all day.

How does it feel knowing there's not a damn thing you can do about justice finally being done.
Must hurt like a bitch.
What justice? You just said it was not the wall of the temple.
Why would that matter?
The Temple Mount is currently held by an invader and that fact doesn't seem to bother your Muslim conscious.
I forgot, Muslims don't have a conscious, just an Avoid Beheading Tax.

This claim I have seen so oft-repeated appears to be simply that. It is a claim that was popularized in a propaganda video put out by Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As a bonus, another young lady comes on to explain the claim that the six day war was fought in self defense. It is only six minutes long and I would love the opportunity for academic discussion of these topics. For example, if something is factually incorrect, please state why, and post a source for the correction. Thanks in advance for any help.

This is really simple. The REGION of Palestine never HAD a central govt. Never had an Army. Never had a single titular leader. So there were folks that were INDIGENOUS to the area that NEVER exerted the energy to become a state or a nation. They lived for CENTURIES at the whims of various external rulers and empires. OR EVEN -- likely under the rule of the JEWISH kings of Israel -- way back when.. The REGION of Palestine spent very little of the last 2400 years under ANY FORM of local control. They were Romans or Ottomans or Brits or subjects of King Solomon for that matter. IN BETWEEN empires there was either chaos like the Crusades, or semi peace consisting of VERY sparse and distributed local or tribal govt.

So -- Palestinians are indigenous people to that region. No doubt. But they never LOST a country or a nation or even a central local govt in the process. You MIGHT say -- they never "developed" the property as MILLENIA whizzed by their covered heads.

So when the property came BACK on the market after WW2 -- it was divided. And the rest is the MODERN history of "palestinians".. Tune in NEXT week for the FUTURE of the Palestinian people in the Holy Land.

Anyone got a list of the ancient great LEADERS and RULERS of Palestine? Didn't think so. See?? I can get just as snarky as the propaganda babes in that OP video.. :badgrin:

This claim I have seen so oft-repeated appears to be simply that. It is a claim that was popularized in a propaganda video put out by Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As a bonus, another young lady comes on to explain the claim that the six day war was fought in self defense. It is only six minutes long and I would love the opportunity for academic discussion of these topics. For example, if something is factually incorrect, please state why, and post a source for the correction. Thanks in advance for any help.

This is really simple. The REGION of Palestine never HAD a central govt. Never had an Army. Never had a single titular leader. So there were folks that were INDIGENOUS to the area that NEVER exerted the energy to become a state or a nation. They lived for CENTURIES at the whims of various external rulers and empires. OR EVEN -- likely under the rule of the JEWISH kings of Israel -- way back when.. The REGION of Palestine spent very little of the last 2400 years under ANY FORM of local control. They were Romans or Ottomans or Brits or subjects of King Solomon for that matter. IN BETWEEN empires there was either chaos like the Crusades, or semi peace consisting of VERY sparse and distributed local or tribal govt.

So -- Palestinians are indigenous people to that region. No doubt. But they never LOST a country or a nation or even a central local govt in the process. You MIGHT say -- they never "developed" the property as MILLENIA whizzed by their covered heads.

So when the property came BACK on the market after WW2 -- it was divided. And the rest is the MODERN history of "palestinians".. Tune in NEXT week for the FUTURE of the Palestinian people in the Holy Land.

Anyone got a list of the ancient great LEADERS and RULERS of Palestine? Didn't think so. See?? I can get just as snarky as the propaganda babes in that OP video.. :badgrin:

The lack of development is a common colonial thing. The Palestinians had a functioning society with homes, farms, and businesses. Distribution systems to get products to market. They produced a surplus of food that was exported to other countries. They had a positive balance of trade in international markets.

Since Israel, we now have two countries on welfare.

The lack of development is a common colonial thing. The Palestinians had a functioning society with homes, farms, and businesses. Distribution systems to get products to market. They produced a surplus of food that was exported to other countries. They had a positive balance of trade in international markets.

1300 years of Palestinian Arabs living in the region known as Palestine (since 135 CE), and they were under colonial "thing" all of that time?

Oh, wait, you are speaking only about the end of the 19th century, or early 20th century when the whole region was controlled by the Ottoman Empire and THEY decided what was what .

Other countries? Exporting? International Market? Before WWI ?

I would like to see any and all sources to that.

Can you come up with anything before WWI ?

1300 years of Palestinian Arabs living in the region known as Palestine (since 135 CE), and they were under colonial "thing" all of that time?

Oh, wait, you are speaking only about the end of the 19th century, or early 20th century when the whole region was controlled by the Ottoman Empire and THEY decided what was what .

Google.

Google.

I thought so. I got the answer before and that is why I brought up all of the above.

You are still hoping to attract some flies :)

Google.

I thought so. I got the answer before and that is why I brought up all of the above.

Do you think I work for you?

Google.

Sorry, all positions are filled :)

Google.

So if you want to know, look it up yourself. But you don't really want to know so I won't waste my time.

Google.

So if you want to know, look it up yourself. But you don't really want to know so I won't waste my time.
Did you misread or totally fail to read my post?
I already looked the answer up, once.

I know the answer.

People who consume the news today about the Middle East would be very surprised to learn many of the facts brought up in the book. (Readers of this site know all of this.)

For example, Arabs hardly ever referred to the area as "Palestine," calling it "Southern Syria."

And the Arabs in the region likewise didn't call themselves Palestinians, but (at best) Southern Syrians:

Arabs from Palestine and Syria were dead set against "Palestine" being separated from Syria.

(full article online)

British Naval analysis in 1943: No such thing as Palestinians or Palestinian nationalism ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

PALESTINE ARAB CONGRESS

Now facts:

HAIFA, 1920
The third congress opened on 4 December. It was attended by 36 delegates, including Sheik Suleiman al-Taji Al-Faruqi and head of the Catholic community Bullus Shehadeh. The congress was opened by Haifa's mufti, Muhammad Murad. Recently deposed mayor of Jerusalem Musa al-Husayni was elected president and chairman of the nine-member executive committee, a post he held until his death in 1934. The congress called for Palestine to be ruled under identical terms as those of the Mandate of Iraq, with a parliament elected by a one-citizen-one-vote system. Other resolutions:

• Called for Palestine to be part of the independent Arab state promised in the McMahon–Hussein Correspondence. Calls for unity with Syria were dropped, since the area was now under French control.
  • Condemned the notion of a homeland for the Jewish people.
  • Objected to the recognition of the Hebrew as an official language.
  • Opposed Jewish immigration.
  • Declared the British administration illegal, since the League of Nations had not yet reached a decision about the status of the territory.
Fifth_Palestinian_National_Congress.jpg

Some delegates, such as Daoud Isa, complained that the congress was not sufficiently radical. After the congress the executive committee met British High Commissioner Herbert Samuel, who insisted that they accept British policy on the Jewish national homeland to receive official recognition. The British claim that the congress was not representative led to a broad campaign by the Muslim-Christian Associations to raise public awareness.

Palestine Arab Congress | Project Gutenberg Self-Publishing - eBooks | Read eBooks online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back