The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a dispatcher tell me to remain on the phone with her or else she wouldn't send a fire truck ... despite the fact that I was inside the burning building and on a phone that would disconnect if I moved outside.

Dispatchers aren't on the scene and thus don't really know what is going on. In the hierarchy of command control, the people on the scene always trump people who aren't.

This trail is case in point of why our founders wanted us to be a republic and not a democracy. Only in a democracy does politicians with malice brings a obvious innocent man to trail to appease a segment of people.

Last edited:
An Hispanic who voted for Obama is a white skinhead bigot child abuser?

The media industrial complex are more than a few flash bulbs short of a photo-op, they are delusional.

State Attorney Angela Corey fired her office’s information technology director Friday after he testified last month about being concerned prosecutors did not turn over information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

On the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case | jacksonville.com

WOW just WOW! Ms Corey's days are numbered!

She tried to trump up cause for firing him. But a firing like this smacks of firing someone for refusing to remain silent about illegal acts, and the SCOTUS saw through these years ago. She may be called upon to prove the causes she cited.

He will be sentenced on manslaughter charges (at least) because the directive came from the White House.

I did not say this.... I was not here.

Well, at least the judge didn't allow the last minute bait and switch of a Child Abuse-Murder felony.

Not only is it bullying, it is unethical and possibly good grounds for a lawsuit against the Angela Corey for promoting the state's hiding of evidence from the defense attorney.

Ben Kruidbos is the Edward Snowden of Florida.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he is comparable to Eric Snowden, but he did stand up to corruption, and paid the price. I hope this case is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Are you serious? This doesn't need a link to be understood: to understand this point you need common sense. Civilians should not be following each other around spying on each other or looking for trouble or stalking women they find attractive. It is only common sense. Look what happens when someone, a civilian, doesn't use common sense and goes out following someone he thinks is suspicious: tragedy.

He is serious. It is total BS what you are assuming.
It is totally legal to follow people

Totally legal? Not necessarily so. It is not legal to stalk and spy on people, to create fear, to invade privacy. Sorry to disillusion, but it is not legal to do that.

GZ was not stalking. and him following TM was totally legal

Only in Obama's America can a chubby Hispanic Man who voted for The Won, be sacrificed to the Gods of the Re-Election Campaign and tried in the court of public opinion as a White Racist who killed someone who looks like the son the President would have had.

Okay, now you're thinking with my brain.

What is this - thread mind meld?

and then the family has a special meeting with the mayor

cops excluded

still reminds me of the movie Bonfire of the Vanities

that was a 'scary' film--Tom Hanks and Melanie Griffith--might have been her best.

it would be nice if Comcast could pull that one out--or whomever--cable channel.

Sure what will be offered this weekend is certain to annoy me. glad 'The American Presiden't isn't shown once a week anymore.

Was told I looked like Jane Powell when I was in school. When this movie came out I was told I looked like Melanie Griffith. LOL. But she did something I would never do - ruined herself with consmetic surgery.

images

I've also been told I look like that Beverly D'Angelo actress too, so eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Lets post our reactions, conversations etc. on the verdict here please, starting several will just create pandemonium and force us to merge, interrupt trains of thought and the flow etc.

And please, at least try and be civil....:eek:;)

Based upon the defense witnesses, I believe Travon Martin was on top ( John Good's impression ) and GZ was in fear for his life and acted in self-defense.

I dislike the fact that the prosecution changed--started out with GZ on top, IIRC.

and I would not forget that.

2nd degree murder--and we will tell you why and then in closing--maybe not.

It's fitting that the prosecution called Zimmerman a liar several times but was caught lying to the jury on numerous occasions.

Let us not forget that Zimmerman passed 2 lie detector tests, so most likely his account of the incident is true. Zimm says Martin started taking off quickly before he had even gotten out of his vehicle, got out of the car, not to apprehend Martin but in order to be able to tell the cops where he was. Zimm says he thought he lost him and Martin pops up as he is heading back towards where he was to meet the officers. This is not a manslaughter or murder case if this is all true.

The crux of the matter is if GZ is telling the truth. Too many facts give lie to what he has said. Perhaps the most crucial of all is the lie about the gun. GZ could not have reached his gun if TM was straddling him as alleged. That means his entire account of the altercation is a fabrication. On that alone he deserves to be convicted of manslaughter. However given the weakness of the prosecutions case I expect him to be acquitted or a hung jury.

Imho FAR too much credence is being placed on this story. All we know is where Z's gun was holstered WHILE HE WAS STANDING. Cmon folks--he was knocked and his ass and wrestling all over the ground with MArtin on top of him. The grass was wet and slippery. It's highly unlikely that the holster or Z's pants didn't shift during the scuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back