The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman only saw a 'suspect' because he racially profiled Trayvon. Zimmerman was stalking and harrassing Trayvon. Which is against the law. If people were to read this link honestly, and applied it to themselves, if they were able to put themselves in Trayvon's shoes, an innocent, unarmed individual minding his own business, they would see that he, Trayvon, was in the position of being stalked and harrassed, of being put in fear of his own safety, and that what Zimmerman did, especially as he did not identify himself and his role in the neighborhood watch, was to cause Trayvon to fear for his own safety, and, Zimmerman was breaking the law by stalking and harrassing an innocent civilian who was minding his own business in a place he had every right to be and doing what he had every right to do. If people could put themselves in Trayvon's place, they would see that. But so many can't either because they are racists or they are so pro-gun they need to support what Zimmerman did against all other reasoning. If they tables were turned and you gun-toters were being stalked at night by an unknown person, you'd be pulling out your gun and blowing Zimmerman away instead of the other way around. But you'll never admit that.

Stalking and Harassment: Legal Guidance: Crown Prosecution Service

Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon in a side yard next to a window, off the sidewalk, in the rain and he called police.

LOL, is that what zimmerman told the 911 operator?

Zimmerman would have helped himself by being more contrite, more empathetic, more interested in what was going on in the courtroom, rather than sitting like a lump. He also could have lost weight and gotten a deeper tan....rather than look like a fat white lump...

Martin wasn't 5 years old. I joined the Military at his age......................

So you will admit that he was capable of jumping a man and causing serious damage????:eusa_shhh:

What's there to "admit"? Of course a 17 year old has the capability to defend himself physically and inflact damage on his aggressor/opponent who has a few years on him.

You don't understand conservative logic. Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. Martin did not.

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder trial should be charged with "prosecutorial misconduct" for suggesting the defendant planned the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth," Dershowitz told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutors 'Should Be Disbarred'

So you will admit that he was capable of jumping a man and causing serious damage????:eusa_shhh:

What's there to "admit"? Of course a 17 year old has the capability to defend himself physically and inflact damage on his aggressor/opponent who has a few years on him.

You don't understand conservative logic. Zimmerman had a right to defend himself. Martin did not.

Martin had a right to beat the shit out of Zimmerman, but Zimmerman wasn't allowed to defend himself.

Liberal logic folks.

Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon in a side yard next to a window, off the sidewalk, in the rain and he called police.

And Zimmerman knew for quite some time that Trayvon knew he was being watched. I mean, seriously, if Trayvon were planning on breaking into a home, and he knew he had been spotted, would he, would anyone, continue to lurk in that area and plan a break-in all the while being watched? Of course not. It makes absolutely no sense for Zimmerman to continue to stalk this guy when he sees that Trayvon does not retreat and leave the area after he has been watched and followed by Zimmerman. Someone up to no good would have left the area as soon as he was spotted. Duh, duh, duh.....

But at that point......Trayvon went right at Zimmerman and circled the truck with his hand is waistband to intimidate him. Then he ran and ended dead over 4 minutes later less than 100 yard or so from where he went at the truck. On the same sidewalk he lived 200 yard further down.

Would a prudent person who is armed then continue his pursuit by eventually leaving the safety of his vehicle to do so?

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder trial should be charged with "prosecutorial misconduct" for suggesting the defendant planned the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth," Dershowitz told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

With all the misconduct abound, and there's been a lot of it, I don't know who will file the complaint that gets anything done about it.

That's the problem. Unless it goes to DCA on a guilty and they review it or someone files with the FL bar - I don't know where the relief would come from.

And Zimmerman knew for quite some time that Trayvon knew he was being watched. I mean, seriously, if Trayvon were planning on breaking into a home, and he knew he had been spotted, would he, would anyone, continue to lurk in that area and plan a break-in all the while being watched? Of course not. It makes absolutely no sense for Zimmerman to continue to stalk this guy when he sees that Trayvon does not retreat and leave the area after he has been watched and followed by Zimmerman. Someone up to no good would have left the area as soon as he was spotted. Duh, duh, duh.....

But at that point......Trayvon went right at Zimmerman and circled the truck with his hand is waistband to intimidate him. Then he ran and ended dead over 4 minutes later less than 100 yard or so from where he went at the truck. On the same sidewalk he lived 200 yard further down.

Would a prudent person who is armed then continue his pursuit by eventually leaving the safety of his vehicle to do so?

well he was a liberal so common sense isn't second nature to him

I'm not so certain. They say one woman is married to an attorney and another has a son that is an attorney. One member had a CCP, another managed a call center of 1200--? all but one have children.

On and on. Unless someone can clarify that a 'compromise verdict' is really not possible--I am hesitant to speculate. shrug--I suppose one may utilize knowledge of the legal system gained prior to becoming a juror. Manslaughter--up to 30 yrs, etc.

Yeah, you're right about that. There's that risk of the jurors convicting GZ based on emotions... but then that'd be an injustice... There's no way to know for sure what's going on in their minds.

The evidence is NOT there to convict. Gut feelings are great, I learned working in psych. They can save your life. But when you go to the master's level, you have to remember your models and theories. Same with studying the law. The law can be harsh and many times even unfair. (My Dean used to say, 'this is not fair school, this is law school') Anytime I climb upon that fence and try to see which way I will fall, there is just something there telling me that nothing is a given in this trial, social factors are at work, and juries as well as judges bend to them. As to verdict, I personally believe GZ acted in self defense, but I can't honestly say that I think a jury will acquit him. For those reasons, if he is convicted and his case goes up on appeal, I really can't predict that an appellate court, no doubt watching this case with bated breath, will change anything.

Hm, I see.

It's really something, isn't it?

An adherence to the law... clashing against emotions and/or feelings of right and wrong. What does it say about onlookers like us who agree more with the law here (in support of GZ), and those who defy what the law says in support of feelings of right and wrong (in support of Edward Snowden)?

The construct of the law clashes with morality and emotions. Sometimes the law is "right." Othertimes morals or emotion are.

Whatever it is, it's riveting to watch a trial—a serious debate—like this unfold live on TV.

Yep. Almost, I won't say all, but almost every one of our leftist friends are wanting a guilty verdict. And that HAS to be based on emotion--they don't like him, they don't like that he is a 'white guy' who killed a black guy, they assume he is racist, that he acted vindictively out of racist hatred, a wanna be vigilante cop who acted like all vigilante wanna be cops act, yadda yadda. And that--a purely emotional response--is what drives them as there as simply no facts in evidence to support a conviction. Almost all of the prosecution's case was built on emotion. Is it any coincidence that the now infamous mannequin the prosecution brought in was black?

In my opinion, most, not all but most, leftists are not abstract or objective thinkers but are motivated almost entirely by how they feel about something and don't want that emotional response challenged by facts.

So now the question is, are any jurors people driven and motivated by emotion? In which case we could have a hung jury. Or are they people who are able to set aside feelings and are willing to focus on the facts? If so, we will almost certainly have an acquittal.

Last edited:

Martin had a right to beat the shit out of Zimmerman, but Zimmerman wasn't allowed to defend himself.

Liberal logic folks.

That isn't only liberal logic. That is race logic. It's been race logic ever since Bernie Goetz.

now they are polling victims/families of victims of the Boston bombing to determine if they would prefer the death penalty.

taking a deep breath

this is how we do things now---fine. that's great. So GZ's sentence if it can be compared to Tsarnaev's will be much harsher?

I am not thinking very well. Random thoughts.

~~~
and I have been typing O'Mara for days--just saw on HLN scrawl--'O'Meara'.

kindly clarify --I just don't want to check.

a quick google search brought this up.

Police Dispatchers Argue Against Privatizing Their Jobs
Police Dispatchers Argue Against Privatizing Their Jobs - Government - Lawrenceville, NJ Patch
"
The president and vice president of the union that represents Lawrence Township's police dispatchers appeared at last week's Lawrence Township Council meeting to urge council not to trust such a vital service like dispatching to an unknown outsource
...."

Follow through looks like this:

Cranbury Company Takes Over Emergency Dispatch in Lawrence - Police & Fire - Lawrenceville, NJ Patch

There was a flurry of activity at the Lawrence Township Police Department on Sunday, as the department prepared to become the first in the state to transition its municipal 911/emergency dispatch into the hands of private contractor.

Further hampering help to those in need when it's time. wasted tax dollars.

Liberal logic folks.

That's how fucking crazy these idiots are.:eek:

Alan Dershowitz was an advisor to the defense team for the OJ trial so who gives a shit what he says.

Besides you're drawing from some interview on Newsmax. Strike two.

With all the misconduct abound, and there's been a lot of it, I don't know who will file the complaint that gets anything done about it.

That's the problem. Unless it goes to DCA on a guilty and they review it or someone files with the FL bar - I don't know where the relief would come from.
I would bet that West and O'Mara are writing their briefs as we speak. I'm thinking firing the IT guy will make this BIG news. I submitted the link to Drudge. Hopefully it will get play.

I once had a dispatcher tell me to remain on the phone with her or else she wouldn't send a fire truck ... despite the fact that I was inside the burning building and on a phone that would disconnect if I moved outside.

Dispatchers aren't on the scene and thus don't really know what is going on. In the hierarchy of command control, the people on the scene always trump people who aren't.

This is the kinda shit I'm talking about. WHY are they needed if they are just going to muck up the process of rendering aid. You'd think they'd just send the Police and ask all the resume questions at a later time. they already have your telephone number and address on file soon as you call them so it's no need for them to ask all those damn questions and stall out the help.

Last edited:
Yes, if you are calling them then you should follow their advice.

Do you have a point?

That is the point. thanks for playing. but some don't think it's necessary to "follow" their advice at all. as noted by the current replies. #Vigilante is the way of today.

Liberal logic folks.

Who was stalking whom? Martin was being stalked by Zimmerman. Therefore, it was Martin who had good cause to fear for his life from an unknown and unidentified man in the dark. And why would Zimmerman fear for his life anyway when he was the one who had a gun?

No, in the conservative world where Bizzaro logic rules, a man with a gun can stalk someone in the dark, provoke a confrontation without identifying himself even though no crime had been reported in the area, and then kill someone and claim self-defense. And the conservative media hoists the killer on their shoulders as some kind of hero of 2nd Amendment rights.

Like I said, it's Bizzaro World logic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back