The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter either way. Was he in reasonable fear of great bodily harm? First time his head was bounced of the sidewalk. Yes he was.
Who said his head was being bounced? Zimmerman. Here is a thought...he git punched in the mouth, he fell backwards and hit his head. Of course zimmerman says differently.

If he got knocked out and Martin mounted him and continued to assail him as the eyewitness said .........that is fear of great bodily harm = Good shoot.

Now you are cleaning up the eyewitness testimony to make your claim. I heard every minute of Goode's testimony. He was unclear about whether there were punches thrown or just arm movements of some kind.

And...Zimmerman was never knocked out, was he?

Finally, those little cuts on Zimmerman's head do not look like his head was bashed into anything. More like scratches than gashes.

You can't start a fight, find that you are loosing and shoot the guy YOU were following. Imagine if it were Martin doing the following.

YOU can't prove he started a fight, you can't prove there was even a contested fight, and you can shoot a guy you were following if he commits an act that puts you in fear for your life. If Martin was doing the following he would have been within his rights as a private citizen to do so.

Martin straddled him below the waist. How else did Zimmerman get to his firearm?

Have someone mount you like that.

You can get to your gun.

Quite easily.

Try it.

I was agreeing with you. If you straddle him low enough below his waist, it's easy to get to the firearm. Rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Regarding abstract thinking: I went to a seminar once where one of the presenters, an PhD, said that he is naturally a concrete thinker, but that through the use of multiple tools has helped himself be able to think more abstractly. I have noticed in my practice it is people who have gone to Sunday school who are the abstract thinkers. They have been taught the Christian 'parables' and what they mean. So they can apply that skill in other area.

I don't know about that as I have found conservatives in general are good at concrete, abstract, objective, and subjective thinking; however it is well known that many conservatives are also Christians so maybe Sunday school does have a bearing on it. However, I know many Christians who are passionate liberals and, though they grew up in Sunday School, still don't do well with abstract analysis and won't consider anything concrete or objective apart from how they feel about it including what is and is not politiically correct.

Example: We aren't supposed to consider any downside or long term ramifications to illegal immigration but a true Christian attitude is to understand that the people coming across the border are simply wanting a better life for themselves and their families and they are God's children too and we should accept and love them and make room for them. Discussion of the downside for the illegals is not acceptable and must be shouted down, yadda yadda.

I know many conservatives, however, who are agnostic or Atheist and didn't grow up in Bible class who are able to avoid the fuzzy feeling syndrone and see the whole big picture. For that reason I don't know if we can give Bible stories the credit. :) (But then I think I can reason abstract principles, lol.)

Anyhow, extrapolating that to this incredible Zimmerman trial, we should have known what was coming when the initial leftist media reports defined Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic." Have you EVER seen such a designation used on anybody before? Ever? That told you from the get go that he would be branded guilty and Trayvon Martin as the innocent victim of racism. There didn't have to be a shred of proof about that. In the liberal world that is the scenario that 'feels' right and therefore it must be made true.

LOL. That really is NOT well known. We are talking about my field of practice. I saw it 5 days a week for 25 years, and have a master's in it. Testing abstract thinking serves many purposes. Whether the person is liberal or conservative is not one of them. One of the most arcane signs of a traumatic brain injury is lack of ability to abstract. The article below addresses students, but I saw a lot of it in veterans who had returned from war who didn't show any sign of TBI except this. But upon further testing they were found to have a TBI.

It is often said that individuals with TBI have difficulty with abstract levels of thinking. Frontal lobe injury is typically identified as the source of this difficulty. In students with brain injury, impaired abstract thinking is frequently associated with reduced foresight, judgment, insight, reasoning, creativity, problem solving, and mental flexibility.

Tutorial: Concrete vs. Abstract Thinking

Insurance settled because they are an insurance company. Ever been in a wreck and dealt with insurance companies? The residents of the community had absolutely no say in the matter.
So the hoa does or does not have a policy on WATCH people being armed? Good luck with this one. :)

Does the HOA supersede the US constitution? Was GZ on WATCH that night, or was he going to Target? Good luck with this one. :)
He was on watch. That target crap is a cya tactic. If he wasn't on watch the hoa would not have paid anything. They would not have been liable. Good luck at sentancing. ::)

I just saw a clip of O'Mara slamming that dummy's head on the floor like 3 times really hard. I missed that one before.

The jury probably thinks he was pretty damn stupid for that one.

Osteen's grampy..

Did you suffer any injuries?

. I heard every minute of Goode's testimony. He was unclear about whether there were punches thrown or just arm movements of some kind.

Yes but you're a liar.
“Yeah I pretty much heard somebody yelling outside. I wasn’t sure if it was, you know, a fight or something going wrong. So I opened my blinds and I see kind of like a person out there. I didn’t know if it was a dog attack or something. So I open my door. It was a black man with a black hoodie on top of the other, either a white guy or now I found out I think it was a Hispanic guy with a red sweatshirt on the ground yelling out help! And I tried to tell them, get out of here, you know, stop or whatever, and then one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style.” - John Goode

So the hoa does or does not have a policy on WATCH people being armed? Good luck with this one. :)

Does the HOA supersede the US constitution? Was GZ on WATCH that night, or was he going to Target? Good luck with this one. :)
He was on watch. That target crap is a cya tactic. If he wasn't on watch the hoa would not have paid anything. They would not have been liable. Good luck at sentancing. ::)

Prove he wasn't going to Target. The HOA would have paid Zimmerman family if TM would have beaten him to death. It is on their grounds they are liable. Good luck picking up a new TV and some Jordan's. :)

I wonder if you guys realize that you sound like assholes when you claim that it is OK to follow someone at night.

It is not OK. It is apparently legal, but it is not OK. It will likely be met with a violent reaction.

Most think this case is about race. While they were looking the wrong way, when all is said and done, it is actually more about gender.

lol--I won't touch that. Thinking that there might be a Femnazi in the group. Not entirely certain the jurors are all 'Southern women'. Living in Sanford, FL now but who knows where they might have lived before this.

Wondering if any of them have had experiences with the military--wife of, etc--those ladies are pretty tough. lol.

I can picture one of the jurors leaning towards 'not guilty' and the other five telling her not to be so heartless. Peer pressure is a powerful dynamic.

someone speculated 4 might support guilty/maslaughter and 2 would say not guilty. which brings us to 'hung jury'. i forget which 2--maybe safety officer woman and former CCP woman?
I'm exceptionally emotional but from life experiences I have learned to have some perspective. The news that a therapy pony just died after being attacked by dogs--I cried.
Taught incorrigible, mean spirited teens--really wanted to protect them. Also, if I were GZ what is justice for him/me? They have to look at it from all angles.

I don't know that I could after recent events.

Best of luck to those willing to try.

If you find yourself in a fight and you get sucker punched and knocked to the ground? If the person that did that starts kicking you or sits on top of you and continues to hit you....YOU ARE IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE!

How are you defining a "sucker punch"?

Was this a "sucker punch"?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jcqHCf6wfI&feature=player_embedded]KnockOut Of The Week : Dude Gets Dropped For Talking Ish To His Girl - YouTube[/ame]

You can't start a fight, find that you are loosing and shoot the guy YOU were following. Imagine if it were Martin doing the following.

YOU can't prove he started a fight, you can't prove there was even a contested fight, and you can shoot a guy you were following if he commits an act that puts you in fear for your life. If Martin was doing the following he would have been within his rights as a private citizen to do so.

Have you ever stopped to consider that Zimmerman actually planned a confrontation that wouldn't have any witnesses to counter his version of events? Zimmerman could actually be some kind of a sicko thrill killer who planned something like this out for weeks and was waiting for just the right time of they year (winter) and the right weather conditions (it was raining) to minimize the possibility that anyone else would be outside to act as witnesses. Then he could make up any story he pleased.

What in the world could be taking the jury this long? What issue is unclear?

I think Guy summed up the State's position in closing: George Zimmerman did not kill Trayvon Martin because he had to, he killed him because he wanted to.

I don't see any possible evidence to support that. So what is the jury unclear about? Very simply, the evidence shows TM was the aggressor; he punched GZ in the face and knocked him to the ground where they scuffled; GZ's head was struck on the sidewalk and placed him in fear for his life or greater bodily harm; and GZ discharged his weapon to defend himself.

Everything else is meaningless, IMO. It doesn't matter if GZ was out of his truck and/or following TM. That's not illegal and it is not aggressive. It doesn't matter if the dispatcher told him to stop following and he didn't run back and lock himself in his truck. That wasn't an order, it sounded like a recommendation to me. Stupid words uttered by GM and TM don't matter. So what. But, for the record, GZ's words were not racist and TM's were. But still doesn't matter.

All that matters is that TM was the aggressor and the one inflicting harm, causing the victim GZ to protect himself. So what is taking the jury this long to reach a verdict? If the question is whether GZ's actions were reasonable, I would say yes considering TM was taller, more muscular, and obviously angrier than GZ and therefore more capable of causing the greater physical damage.

Lord, I hope they get this right.

They are either suicidal or undecidal.

Dumb ass - GZ did not confront TM. GZ had every legal right to carry a concealed firearm. Just because you hate guns, don't demonize someone for legally having one.
Perhaps you missed the fact that the hoa paid the Martins a lot of money because zimmerman was armed? Explain that one. Genius.

We call that asskissing, Zona. If that were true.

GZ lovers don't seem to respond to even the most logical of reasoning. :tongue:

OK and Legal are often two different things. I think it is OK to get head from some hot piece of strange, but in some states that's not legal.

=
Martin straddled him below the waist. How else did Zimmerman get to his firearm?

Have someone mount you like that.

You can get to your gun.

Quite easily.

Try it.

I was agreeing with you. If you straddle him low enough below his waist, it's easy to get to the firearm. Rhetorical question.

Doesn't have to be around the waist.

My son mounted me last night (185lbs) up under the arms ...... you lift or roll your hips..... reach down and pull out the gun.

The person on top has no downward leverage outside of his weight.

On the bottom you have the leverage upward pushing against the ground.

If it wasn't for our racist ass pretend president sending the FBI to coerce the states attorney in Jacksonville, the charges would not have been brought.

If a black boy was just following a white hispanic ( had to get white in there - got to love it ) and the white guy punched him in the nose, and started beating his brains out - there would be cries of racism shouted everywhere. It is never about race when a black is the perpetrator - just work place violence or some other stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back