The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Dershowitz was an advisor to the defense team for the OJ trial so who gives a shit what he says.

Riiiight...We can't use past success as a measure of one's one credibility. Why what would be crazy...

:cuckoo:

Besides you're drawing from some interview on Newsmax. Strike two.

But it would okay if the interview took place on MSNBC???

Again, :cuckoo:

If your idea of success is helping a murdring throat slasher away with murder than I fell sorry for you.

I see it legal in the context of the watch program, and just as the dispatcher had suggested to Zimmerman when said "are you following him(?)", and GZ said yes, then next the dispatcher said "that we don't need you to do that sir". Now (imho) this was being said mainly for GZ's own protection in the situation, and in which GZ complied with afterwards when said OK.

The dispatcher with the assumption of course that GZ is the good guy for making the call in the first place, was worried about his safety when told him we don't need you to do that sir (follow Martin in the dark), otherwise instead of the dispatcher sighting some kind of law to GZ to not follow Martin because of that law, otherwise if he was saying this because of a law, then GZ would be breaking that law. This is what some would want it to appear as to be the case in all of this when the dispatcher said this to GZ " we don't need you to follow him sir", as it being based on some law in which he was using when said this.

So now it is the detractors opinion that the dispatcher at this point is now looking upon GZ as an iffy player who is breaking the law in the situation, instead of the dispatcher looking out for his safety in which was what the dispatch was doing all along when said this.

Now if he would have ignored the dispatcher telling him " we don't need you to do that sir", otherwise with silence, and the law would have shown up with Martin dead, and Zimmerman alive as the person who shot Martin dead, then Zimmerman would have a serious problem on his hands, but the fact that Martin replied to the dispatcher in compliance with the dispatchers alarming assessment of the situation, by him telling him that suggestion for his safety, places Zimmerman in a much better position for what would be found next in conjunction with everything that happened in testimony there of afterwards, because it makes sense as to how Zimmerman could have found himself facing an escalating situation after surveying the supposed suspect Martin that night, and Martin now knowing that he was being surveyed or looked upon by Zimmerman in a way in which he did not understand, so it became next a situation of grave confusion between the two, where as in the coming together of this confusion it unfortunately turns deadly within the dark of a stormy night for one of the people involved.

Now did Martin feel that he could take Zimmerman, for whom was following or surveying him in which he did not like, so he confronts Zimmerman in the thinking I am going to kick this creepy ass crackers butt for following me, but not knowing that the creepy ass cracker also had a gun because he was part of a neighborhood watch program ? If this is what Martin did or thought, then it should become a lesson learned by all in the future, that you don't come to a fight armed with nothing but your fist, when you ain't sure who this creepy ass cracker is in the fist place, and so if you could get yourself to safety and report that a creepy ass cracker was following you in the dark for no good reason, wouldn't that have been the best solution for Martin in the situation in hindsight now ? I have taken on some situations in my time in a foolish manor, and I was just fortunate that the one I was taking on did not have a gun, or I wouldn't be here today.

So what it comes down to, is if Zimmerman was within his legal right to survey the neighborhood under the watch program, and if he was within his legal means to be doing it in the way in which he was doing it, then he is in the clear, other than the fact of sadly allowing himself to be placed into a situation where a young man is dead now, and all because of his possible mistakes that were made upon his possible miss-identifying of Martin as a possible suspect in the problems that have been going on in the neighborhood lately in which are not proven he was linked to, and then Martin just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sadly it all added to the confusion due to the time of night that it was, the conditions of the night, the setting, the wearing of clothes that appear suspect, the walking and acting strangely that Zimmerman noticed as a watchman based on his supposed training I'm guessing, thus creating the perfect storm of confusion in which could even place a seasoned police officer in the same boat of miss-identifying a potential suspect in such a case, where as such conditions would make the police officer want to question the suspect as to where he is going maybe, and why he is out walking in such horrid conditions in a neighborhood plagued with crime ? It appears that what we have is the perfect storm of confusion in this whole tragic situation, and in such a situation people must know to keep their heads calm cool and collected or face the same possible results again and again, just as these types of scenarios sadly play out all over this nation in confusion there of, but it takes all to learn and keep themselves safe, and ultimately out of these perfect storms regardless of who it is that we may encounter or are dealing with at anytime in our lives.

Stay safe everybody and learn or educate yourselves, it is the only way forward in life.

Even if it is all just a "perfect storm of confusion," which I disagree with: it was a whole lot of monumental bad judgments on Zimmerman's part, but if we accept the "storm of confusion" idea, without the gun, there would be no dead kid. Zimmerman, this guy should not have been carrying a concealed weapon: he had to reason to have one, he was a nut case, he was on anti-depressants, he had a history of violence and problems with the police, etc. This guy should not have had a gun. No gun: no dead, innocent, unarmed civilian. Not a 'perfect storm of confusion,' but a big, huge problem of gun control.

Damn straight. Zimmerman was supposed to be a member of neighborhood WATCH, not neighborhood confrontation. You just don't need to be armed if the only thing you intend to do is watch what's going on. But Zimmerman clearly intended to confront someone. That's why he had the gun.
Dumb ass - GZ did not confront TM. GZ had every legal right to carry a concealed firearm. Just because you hate guns, don't demonize someone for legally having one.

Irrelevant who started it.

It is when the claim is made that one of them did.

I don't think you are one of those people, though. Are you?

I personally think Martin started it. There is no eyewitness testimony either way.

The eyewitness testimony claims Zim was under him getting rained on by punches.

The physical evidence supports Zim's claim.
That just proves Zimmerman couldn't fight. Perhaps the gun made him think he could?

Irrelevant who started it.

I personally think Martin started it. There is no eyewitness testimony either way.

We don't know who started it. We cannot state that Martin started it as a matter of fact. That is my point.

Still isn't illegal.

If you're following someone, you've increased your chances a thousand times, ten thousand times of getting into a whole lot of trouble, unless it's like you're following a chick.

Following a woman could get you into a lot of trouble too. If you are not a police officer, you don't follow people, period. I suppose a private detective would, but he/she would be trained and knowledgeable in how to do it without getting into a confrontation; otherwise, he/she would be a piss-poor private dick. Real life is not like TV and movies. That's what vigilantees like Zimmerman do not understand.

Right, what pisses people off more than being followed? If someone were to follow me, I'm consider them to be goddamn sick bastards.

So black thugs like trayvon can look at houses and if you dare to ask them a question=you can get beat up. You can get beat up and you can't do shit about it as you don't have a right to self defense.

LOL! You leftist bastards are sick. I can't wait until you're the ones being beat up and can't defend your worthless ass.

I agree fully that self-defense should be a vouchsafed right in this country, and I'm all for carrying a gun to do it. However, following someone, getting into a fight with them later for whatever reason, and then trying to say self-defense here is still that same right is wrong. At that point, it's not a vouchsafed one. Follow and then kill then expect a million questions or a trial like here. Mind your own business and don't follow people. If you see something that requires the police, call 911 but don't become a vigilante.

...Since Police Dispatchers are a part of the Police Department which is an official agency established in every state of the union, and not some 3rd party private vendor doing the dispatching?

simple question. :cool:

By respect do you mean obey unquestionably, or do you simply mean respect?

That just proves Zimmerman couldn't fight. Perhaps the gun made him think he could?

Doesn't matter either way. Was he in reasonable fear of great bodily harm? First time his head was bounced of the sidewalk. Yes he was.

It's hard to predict what a jury will do. A jury of women, harder yet. I've seen juries that have women on them hang because one woman got into a snit with another juror and refused to agree with him. One time it was a hung jury because one of the women developed a crush on the defense attorney and refused to convict. (they eventually married) I've had women jurors spend a couple of hours discussing the outfits worn by the attorneys before they came to a decision.

Women are emotional, but there is no way to predict where an emotional decision will lead. What ever this jury decides, that will be the verdict. Hopefully everyone, including federal authorities abides by the decision.

I'm getting really tired of the 'women are emotional' shit. I am an INTJ on the Meyer's Briggs personality inventory. Katz, you are pissing me off.

INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed. ....

Portrait of an INTJ

You beat me to this.

BS on the women and emotional decisions crap.

^ don't get so emotional about it.

:razz:

I would like one of you nutters to prove to me that Martin threw the first punch or initiated the confrontation. You keep saying it like it is fact. It is conjecture. Nobody saw it. Nobody witnessed the start of the confrontation.

Thanks.

Martin walked back to Zimmerman.

Martin approached him suddenly out of the pitch dark

Martin's words are confrontational. "You got a problem?"

Martin has Zero damage to his body other than the gun shot wound

Zimmerman's nose was struck.

Hard to see how that ISN'T Trayvon Martin's fault.

13 Crucial Statements Testified By The Girl Who Last Spoke To Trayvon Martin (LIST) | Global Grind

6. Jeantel tells the court what happens after that. She told Trayvon to run and she started hearing wind. He told her he was going to get home "through the back." The phone then shuts off.

7. She calls back and Trayvon answers. He tells Jeantel he is almost home. She can hear that he is out of breath. He tells her that he "lost" the man following him.

8. A couple of seconds after Trayvon said he lost the man, he says to Jeantel, "Oh shit, the nigga is behind me."

9. She hears the first exchange between Zimmerman and Trayvon. Trayvon to the man following him: "Why are you following me for?" Jeantel she hears another "hard-breathing man" say "What you doing around here?"

10. She hears a bump, and grass sounds, like people are rolling around or the phone dropped on the ground. She asks Trayvon what's going on and she hears Trayvon saying "get off, get off." The phone shuts off again.

9. She hears the first exchange between Zimmerman and Trayvon. Trayvon to the man following him: "Why are you following me for?" Jeantel she hears another "hard-breathing man" say "What you doing around here?"

TM initiated the conversation by asking "why are you following me" ... Zimmerman was the one confrontational, "What you doing around here?"

why is Zimmerman out of breath ?

This is a thinly veiled reference to the GZ case.

1. "We don't need you to do that (follow TM)" is not an order. It's a suggestion. The dispatcher does not give orders due to liability issues.
2. There actually is no proof that GZ did follow TM after that suggestion.

So it begs the question, why should dispatchers even be called in the first place if all we need to do is take the law into our own hands?

If someone was breaking into your home and the dispatcher told you to open the door for them would you do it?

Even if it is all just a "perfect storm of confusion," which I disagree with: it was a whole lot of monumental bad judgments on Zimmerman's part, but if we accept the "storm of confusion" idea, without the gun, there would be no dead kid. Zimmerman, this guy should not have been carrying a concealed weapon: he had to reason to have one, he was a nut case, he was on anti-depressants, he had a history of violence and problems with the police, etc. This guy should not have had a gun. No gun: no dead, innocent, unarmed civilian. Not a 'perfect storm of confusion,' but a big, huge problem of gun control.

Damn straight. Zimmerman was supposed to be a member of neighborhood WATCH, not neighborhood confrontation. You just don't need to be armed if the only thing you intend to do is watch what's going on. But Zimmerman clearly intended to confront someone. That's why he had the gun.
Dumb ass - GZ did not confront TM. GZ had every legal right to carry a concealed firearm. Just because you hate guns, don't demonize someone for legally having one.
Perhaps you missed the fact that the hoa paid the Martins a lot of money because zimmerman was armed? Explain that one. Genius.

Will this jury want to come back on Monday?

I doubt it.

I would anticipate them reaching their verdict (not a hung jury in my guesstimation) before the end of bidness today.

Strange that the prosecution never opined on what would have happened if George has just said "Uncle"..,

What do you think...would Trayvon have kept beating on him??

Fights have certain phases, Delt. The first is the lead up phase where talk is taking place.

The second phase is usually someone throwing a sucker punch.

The third phase is what happens after someone is knocked down...does the person who's prevailing in the fight walk away or tell the person on the ground to stay down...or do they continue to inflict damage?

In this fight, Zimmerman is knocked down and Martin straddles him MMA style and continues to strike him. That's a good indication that Martin was NOT inclined to stop if someone yelled "Uncle". It's an indication that Martin was enjoying giving someone else a beating.

How did zimmerman grab his weapon from this position?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Z_X-LRzec]Ground and Pound in the Street - YouTube[/ame]
When you are throwing punches, or wresling from a stradled position there is alot of back, and forth motion ; rocking from side to side - it only takes a secound to grab, and shoot.

Perhaps you missed the fact that the hoa paid the Martins a lot of money because zimmerman was armed? Explain that one. Genius.

We call that asskissing, Zona. If that were true.

I would like one of you nutters to prove to me that Martin threw the first punch or initiated the confrontation. You keep saying it like it is fact. It is conjecture. Nobody saw it. Nobody witnessed the start of the confrontation.

Thanks.

Martin walked back to Zimmerman.

Martin approached him suddenly out of the pitch dark

Martin's words are confrontational. "You got a problem?"

Martin has Zero damage to his body other than the gun shot wound

Zimmerman's nose was struck.

Hard to see how that ISN'T Trayvon Martin's fault.

13 Crucial Statements Testified By The Girl Who Last Spoke To Trayvon Martin (LIST) | Global Grind

6. Jeantel tells the court what happens after that. She told Trayvon to run and she started hearing wind. He told her he was going to get home "through the back." The phone then shuts off.

7. She calls back and Trayvon answers. He tells Jeantel he is almost home. She can hear that he is out of breath. He tells her that he "lost" the man following him.

8. A couple of seconds after Trayvon said he lost the man, he says to Jeantel, "Oh shit, the nigga is behind me."

10. She hears a bump, and grass sounds, like people are rolling around or the phone dropped on the ground. She asks Trayvon what's going on and she hears Trayvon saying "get off, get off." The phone shuts off again.

TM initiated the conversation by asking "why are you following me" ... Zimmerman was the one confrontational, "What you doing around here?"

why is Zimmerman out of breath ?

Which version of her story are you quoting? Is it the deposition when she couldn't answer who's voice she had heard? It changed each time she spoke.

HOA insurance company did a cost / benefit and it was easier to pay the ambulance chasers.

Insurance settled because they are an insurance company. Ever been in a wreck and dealt with insurance companies? The residents of the community had absolutely no say in the matter.

Fights have certain phases, Delt. The first is the lead up phase where talk is taking place.

The second phase is usually someone throwing a sucker punch.

The third phase is what happens after someone is knocked down...does the person who's prevailing in the fight walk away or tell the person on the ground to stay down...or do they continue to inflict damage?

In this fight, Zimmerman is knocked down and Martin straddles him MMA style and continues to strike him. That's a good indication that Martin was NOT inclined to stop if someone yelled "Uncle". It's an indication that Martin was enjoying giving someone else a beating.

How did zimmerman grab his weapon from this position?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Z_X-LRzec]Ground and Pound in the Street - YouTube[/ame]
When you are throwing punches, or wresling from a stradled position there is alot of back, and forth motion ; rocking from side to side - it only takes a secound to grab, and shoot.

You can take a straddling positions on variable parts of the torso and thigh area. Fighters have their preferences. Martin straddled him below the waist. How else did Zimmerman get to his firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back