The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they're hung....

The more you say it, the more I feel it might not be a bad outcome.

Their foreperson needs to be strict with the group. 'We are going to do this'.

If anyone is/has been the wife of a military person--that person should be in charge. We will accomplish our mission. I've seen it done.

Not necessarily, the Jodi jury was together for 5 months, did M1, did aggravation and couldn't do it on DP.

After all that, they most certainly didn't want to leave it "undone" but they couldn't get it done.

GZ was not stalking. and him following TM was totally legal
I see it legal in the context of the watch program, and just as the dispatcher had suggested to Zimmerman when said "are you following him(?)", and GZ said yes, then next the dispatcher said "that we don't need you to do that sir". Now (imho) this was being said mainly for GZ's own protection in the situation, and in which GZ complied with afterwards when said OK.

The dispatcher with the assumption of course that GZ is the good guy for making the call in the first place, was worried about his safety when told him we don't need you to do that sir (follow Martin in the dark), otherwise instead of the dispatcher sighting some kind of law to GZ to not follow Martin because of that law, otherwise if he was saying this because of a law, then GZ would be breaking that law. This is what some would want it to appear as to be the case in all of this when the dispatcher said this to GZ " we don't need you to follow him sir", as it being based on some law in which he was using when said this.

So now it is the detractors opinion that the dispatcher at this point is now looking upon GZ as an iffy player who is breaking the law in the situation, instead of the dispatcher looking out for his safety in which was what the dispatch was doing all along when said this.

Now if he would have ignored the dispatcher telling him " we don't need you to do that sir", otherwise with silence, and the law would have shown up with Martin dead, and Zimmerman alive as the person who shot Martin dead, then Zimmerman would have a serious problem on his hands, but the fact that Martin replied to the dispatcher in compliance with the dispatchers alarming assessment of the situation, by him telling him that suggestion for his safety, places Zimmerman in a much better position for what would be found next in conjunction with everything that happened in testimony there of afterwards, because it makes sense as to how Zimmerman could have found himself facing an escalating situation after surveying the supposed suspect Martin that night, and Martin now knowing that he was being surveyed or looked upon by Zimmerman in a way in which he did not understand, so it became next a situation of grave confusion between the two, where as in the coming together of this confusion it unfortunately turns deadly within the dark of a stormy night for one of the people involved.

Now did Martin feel that he could take Zimmerman, for whom was following or surveying him in which he did not like, so he confronts Zimmerman in the thinking I am going to kick this creepy ass crackers butt for following me, but not knowing that the creepy ass cracker also had a gun because he was part of a neighborhood watch program ? If this is what Martin did or thought, then it should become a lesson learned by all in the future, that you don't come to a fight armed with nothing but your fist, when you ain't sure who this creepy ass cracker is in the fist place, and so if you could get yourself to safety and report that a creepy ass cracker was following you in the dark for no good reason, wouldn't that have been the best solution for Martin in the situation in hindsight now ? I have taken on some situations in my time in a foolish manor, and I was just fortunate that the one I was taking on did not have a gun, or I wouldn't be here today.

So what it comes down to, is if Zimmerman was within his legal right to survey the neighborhood under the watch program, and if he was within his legal means to be doing it in the way in which he was doing it, then he is in the clear, other than the fact of sadly allowing himself to be placed into a situation where a young man is dead now, and all because of his possible mistakes that were made upon his possible miss-identifying of Martin as a possible suspect in the problems that have been going on in the neighborhood lately in which are not proven he was linked to, and then Martin just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sadly it all added to the confusion due to the time of night that it was, the conditions of the night, the setting, the wearing of clothes that appear suspect, the walking and acting strangely that Zimmerman noticed as a watchman based on his supposed training I'm guessing, thus creating the perfect storm of confusion in which could even place a seasoned police officer in the same boat of miss-identifying a potential suspect in such a case, where as such conditions would make the police officer want to question the suspect as to where he is going maybe, and why he is out walking in such horrid conditions in a neighborhood plagued with crime ? It appears that what we have is the perfect storm of confusion in this whole tragic situation, and in such a situation people must know to keep their heads calm cool and collected or face the same possible results again and again, just as these types of scenarios sadly play out all over this nation in confusion there of, but it takes all to learn and keep themselves safe, and ultimately out of these perfect storms regardless of who it is that we may encounter or are dealing with at anytime in our lives.

Stay safe everybody and learn or educate yourselves, it is the only way forward in life.

Even if it is all just a "perfect storm of confusion," which I disagree with: it was a whole lot of monumental bad judgments on Zimmerman's part, but if we accept the "storm of confusion" idea, without the gun, there would be no dead kid. Zimmerman, this guy should not have been carrying a concealed weapon: he had to reason to have one, he was a nut case, he was on anti-depressants, he had a history of violence and problems with the police, etc. This guy should not have had a gun. No gun: no dead, innocent, unarmed civilian. Not a 'perfect storm of confusion,' but a big, huge problem of gun control.

Damn straight. Zimmerman was supposed to be a member of neighborhood WATCH, not neighborhood confrontation. You just don't need to be armed if the only thing you intend to do is watch what's going on. But Zimmerman clearly intended to confront someone. That's why he had the gun.

I am not asking for your interpretation of the self defense laws in Florida. I am asking THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT MARTIN STARTED THE FIGHT to prove it.

Simple.

Hey, dummy,
don't feel so entitled - nobody is going to explain to you anything :lol:

Hello dummies. I am not asking for your interpretation of the self defense laws in Florida. I am asking THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT MARTIN STARTED THE FIGHT to prove it.

Simple.
We've done our homework dummy, now how about go do your own homework dummy..

Hello dummies. I am not asking for your interpretation of the self defense laws in Florida. I am asking THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT MARTIN STARTED THE FIGHT to prove it.

Simple.

Hey dummy. Can you prove that he didn't? Simple.

No. Which is why I have not made that claim.

You see......that is why you are stupid. You are claiming that he started the fight without possibly knowing if he did. You are arguing the point. You are an idiot.

Strange that the prosecution never opined on what would have happened if George has just said "Uncle"..,

What do you think...would Trayvon have kept beating on him??

Fights have certain phases, Delt. The first is the lead up phase where talk is taking place.

The second phase is usually someone throwing a sucker punch.

The third phase is what happens after someone is knocked down...does the person who's prevailing in the fight walk away or tell the person on the ground to stay down...or do they continue to inflict damage?

In this fight, Zimmerman is knocked down and Martin straddles him MMA style and continues to strike him. That's a good indication that Martin was NOT inclined to stop if someone yelled "Uncle". It's an indication that Martin was enjoying giving someone else a beating.

How did zimmerman grab his weapon from this position?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Z_X-LRzec]Ground and Pound in the Street - YouTube[/ame]

Damn straight. Zimmerman was supposed to be a member of neighborhood WATCH, not neighborhood confrontation. You just don't need to be armed if the only thing you intend to do is watch what's going on. But Zimmerman clearly intended to confront someone. That's why he had the gun.

Clearly intended to on his way to get groceries ?

Simple.

You see......that is why you are stupid. You are claiming that he started the fight without possibly knowing if he did. You are arguing the point. You are an idiot.

I'm not claiming anything other than he is not guilty. Try reading some of my posts idiot. I'm claiming he is innocent because nobody can prove anything. You are an idiot.

If GZ is convicted based on the evidence, citizens will no longer be able to protect themselves from the thugs.

And if Zimmerman wins, it says you can shoot black kids because they fit the description.

If Zimmerman is found not guilty, it means you have to prove people guilt in this country and it doesn't matter what racist people think.

It means that the threats of racist rioting has lost its effect on our system and we're now treated equal. Trayvon had his day in court and the evidence shown that Zimmerman was within his rights of self defense.

Last edited:

I'm not claiming anything other than he is not guilty. Try reading some of my posts idiot. I'm claiming he is innocent because nobody can prove anything. You are an idiot.

Then why are you arguing with me? Are you lonely? I asked people WHO CLAIM THAT MARTIN STARTED THE FIGHT to prove it. If that is not you...then the challenge is not aimed at you. Eat shit.

Last edited:

Simple.

Irrelevant who started it.

It is when the claim is made that one of them did.

I don't think you are one of those people, though. Are you?

I personally think Martin started it. There is no eyewitness testimony either way.

The eyewitness testimony claims Zim was under him getting rained on by punches.

The physical evidence supports Zim's claim.

The more you say it, the more I feel it might not be a bad outcome.

Their foreperson needs to be strict with the group. 'We are going to do this'.

If anyone is/has been the wife of a military person--that person should be in charge. We will accomplish our mission. I've seen it done.

Not necessarily, the Jodi jury was together for 5 months, did M1, did aggravation and couldn't do it on DP.

After all that, they most certainly didn't want to leave it "undone" but they couldn't get it done.

I know. blah--blah--blah from a commentator.
'They know each other well/well enough now--have discussed books and movies, etc--and they want to be thorough---all the copious notes--they know the eyes of the nation are upon them...'

gasp--Is this the first all female jury--weeks and months of material for analyses there. Headline News--'All Female Jury Reaches Verdict' --how were they able to balance facts of law and emotions? Something to ponder ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back