The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if acquitted in a secluded life GZ might lead. OJ didn't do too well.

The good thing for him is that people tend to have short memories. If he stays away from the demographic that would be the most angry he will be ok after a year or two.

If he is acquitted he most definitely be filing suit against the county and state for malicious prosecution on the grounds the original prosecutors didn't charge him. He already has suit against NBC going. I'm assuming he will get a handsome settlement from those actions. Subtract the total from the civil suit the Martin's will be awarded and he should be fine to live a decent life in parts unknown, likely out of the country.

That's possible, but those sound like frivolous lawsuits to me that will be thrown out of court.

I know. I am one of 8 girls in my family and we are going to Florida together in a couple of weeks. I am already getting heart palpitations thinking about it. Too much drama..

good luck. lol. I had one brother--looked a little bit like Willie Nelson. He lived on the edge, gone now. German tempers. Stubborn Anglo Saxon genes---I often longed to be living on an atoll.

Irish Catholic here. I don't think anyone is really ill tempered, they're bossy, opinionated, emotional and all have their own way of living after years of being apart. You notice I don't include myself in their crappy attitudes of course. :)

We leave the men at home and vacation once a year. It's quite enough.

ah--Ireland--lol. I once found a message board of women--we were all insane. Lots of emotions---I managed to keep my foot in my mouth. Roll with it--whatever it is. I finally caught on. sigh--Would have had a lot more fun.

My priority in life. Tina Turner --'Proud Mary'--rollin on the river.

~~~
several channels featuring ministers. for those in need of last minute updates. must be close to time. the judge has allowed juries to work until 3 AM.

Last edited:
There is no bare minimum sentence in Florida for manslaughter. 30 years tops.

So, the judge could sentence him to 5 years? Or, even 2?

There are enhancers for using a gun and the victim being a minor. He would get the max. no doubt.

I hope that he doesn't get the max; a five to ten year sentence would be better. I don't know how Florida or the penal system works, but i have heard people can get out earlier of they do "good time".

Zimmerman will be convicted of manslaughter, probably tonight.

That is why the jury is staying late.

I doubt that. The jury is a representation the populous. We all watched the trial evidence. The majority think innocent but we are still irreconcilably split on his guilt. I believe it will be a hung jury. 2 vote guilty & 4 not guilty.

Live feed has gone from outside courthouse view and scrolling tweets to Seal up!

Last edited:
So, the judge could sentence him to 5 years? Or, even 2?

There are enhancers for using a gun and the victim being a minor. He would get the max. no doubt.

I hope that he doesn't get the max; a five to ten year sentence would be better. I don't know how Florida or the penal system works, but i have heard people can get out earlier of they do "good time".

I would be more sure that he is sentenced to the max than I am he will be acquitted. Not sure on parole terms, but if he is convicted he will do at least 15 years.

Are we at a point where nutters here won't even concede that Zimmerman acted foolishly? That he should have done things differently?

Are you so ideologically dug in that you do not assign any blame at all for this killing to the guy?

If so......how fucking stupid.

That's kind of exactly what I said earlier today and bears repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back