Zone1 Why does the Bible seem so misogynistic?

This sums it up pretty well (although I don't agree with all of it).

If you're going to go to a "deconstruction" site you're not going to get an objective view.

Yes, Eve was the first sinner, that's true. But Adam was at least as culpable--if not more--than she was.

Adam was there first, for one, God-breathed into existence. Adam named all the animals and plants. Adam knew God even as Eve was created.

She ate, but she encouraged him to eat and he did. As punishment Eve is told she will desire her husband, she will get pregnant and bear children in pain.

But Adam is sentenced with a lifetime of toil to see to his daily needs. Not just in pregnancy and childbirth, but all the time.

Doesn't seem "misogynistic" to me at all.

If you're going to go to a "deconstruction" site you're not going to get an objective view.

Yes, Eve was the first sinner, that's true. But Adam was at least as culpable--if not more--than she was.

Adam was there first, for one, God-breathed into existence. Adam named all the animals and plants. Adam knew God even as Eve was created.

She ate, but she encouraged him to eat and he did. As punishment Eve is told she will desire her husband, she will get pregnant and bear children in pain.

But Adam is sentenced with a lifetime of toil to see to his daily needs. Not just in pregnancy and childbirth, but all the time.

Doesn't seem "misogynistic" to me at all.
The misogyny is the treatment of women from that day forward, even to today, where the more popular term is 'sexism'.

What do you think the significance of Adam naming the animals is?

Are you saying we should all become Catholics, who are spoon fed Biblical meanings and dare not question?
This is quite a strange view of Catholics and the Catholic faith. But out of curiosity, what question(s) do Catholics not dare ask?

This is quite a strange view of Catholics and the Catholic faith. But out of curiosity, what question(s) do Catholics not dare ask?
I think this was what triggered his comments.

I would also say that being your own church and advisor is not the best idea, and this is why. Part of Christianity is about "coming under authority". If you yourself will not come under authority, it's very hard to understand the structure of God's Kingdom, the church, etc.
For any given thing there will be people who are more talented or in tune. These are the people who naturally lead others in their education. To argue against this is to argue against the natural order of how things are learned and taught.

I think this was what triggered his comments.

For any given thing there will be people who are more talented or in tune. These are the people who naturally lead others in their education. To argue against this is to argue against the natural order of how things are learned and taught.
Thanks, ding!

Forum List

Back