The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

No civil charges will be brought.

First, self defense provides immunity from civil liability in Florida.Second, O'Mara covered this in the after verdict press conference.
Third, no lawyer will bring suit because under Florida law if the plaintiffs lose, the defendants legal expenses must be split between the plaintiffs AND the plaintiffs lawyer.

Addendum

No federal charges under Double Jeopardy:

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Stick that up your ass Eric.

I just watched the verdict - I was too busy dancing around the house and imitating the Bernster's skippage last night to watch. And what I saw was humility and gratefulness.

That is worth something in the world of justice and gives me some solace against the outrage of the GD government.

I missed it as well. I got tired of the talking heads so I was watching an H2 presentation on Jesse James, and flipping back and forth. I was just a few seconds too late the last time. But I've seen it since. After the question about manslaughter, I think he was expecting that to be the verdict.

I'm already in O'Mara withdrawal!

Ditto on Stamina!!!

Here's a video to help you ladies get your Stamina fix.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1HCtIyImtk]George Zimmerman's Lawyers React to Not Guilty Verdict in Trayvon Martin Case (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

The evidence already was that this was not racially motivated. That makes a DOJ suit highly unlikely. It wold also be unpopular generally and would drag into the 2014 election.
So I dont think it will happen.

The NAACP however is pushing it. And that is could be sufficient reason for the DOJ to get involved. Whoever is running for election or re-election in 2014 will want those votes.
I don't see any difference between the NAACP and the KKK.

I think I see your point but, well, thats still a stretch Mud....

I just watched the verdict - I was too busy dancing around the house and imitating the Bernster's skippage last night to watch. And what I saw was humility and gratefulness.

That is worth something in the world of justice and gives me some solace against the outrage of the GD government.

I also missed it yesterday. Where did you see it? I heard the Martins did not even show up. They knew their son was a POS thug.

Last edited by a moderator:

I also missed it yesterday. Where did you see it? I heard the Martins did not even show up. They knew their son was a POS thug.

Justice was served, a kid lost his life, you know nothing of how the Martins feel.

You are a classless POS.

Maybe not...but are you saying that black women wouldn't be able to weigh the evidence and make a smart decision? Are you saying they would only decide on emotions? I think most would be smarter than that......

A black jury would simply reject the lies of Zimmerman and his lawyers and focus on the facts.

... is all ....

You are uninterested in facts...you want to lynch someone. We all know this is true, don't bother denying it.

White folk had their lynching of Trayvon Martin, now they need to leave the light on the front porch on at night.

I got the impression watching Zimmerman, that he assumed the not guilty was for the M2 charge and it took a moment to sink in that he was going home. It was like 5 seconds or so before you saw a slight smile.

Addendum

No federal charges under Double Jeopardy:

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Lottsa case law on Double Jeopardy. (And one really good Ashley Judd movie.) Anyone who wants it can find it themselves.

Google dual sovereignty + double jeopardy

Double jeopardy would apply though only if the DOJ went after Zimmerman on a wrongful death charge. They wouldn't. They would go after him on a civil rights violation. And the way this administration bends whatever rules they wish to accomplish whatever they want to do, I guarantee you they will do that if they think there is political capital to be gained. I'm sure they are conducting public opinion information as we speak. If enough of their constituency approves of them proceeding, then they will. And if you go by most of our more leftists friends here--you know the current administration's constituency--well. . . . .

The black gangs of Florida should just attack any white woman they see. Anyone of them could have been a juror.

Justice was served, a kid lost his life, you know nothing of how the Martins feel.

You are a classless POS.

They are POS for trying to railroad an innocent man in order to gain fame & fortune. They knew the truth, they kicked their own son out of the house. He called himself a gangster & he was not just playing around. He bragged about beating the hell out of snitches like GZ. They are a POS!

Ben Crump: "Trayvon will forever remain in the anals of history with the likes of Medgar Evers and Emmet Till."

Hey Benny, you're right about Trayvon and "anals", but Evers and Till were not [BDLR mode]ASSHOLES [/BDLR mode off]

A black jury would simply reject the lies of Zimmerman and his lawyers and focus on the facts.

... is all ....

You are uninterested in facts...you want to lynch someone. We all know this is true, don't bother denying it.

White folk had their lynching of Trayvon Martin, now they need to leave the light on the front porch on at night.

One thing we know fer sure.... You won't be part of it.

You'll just sit back and try to incite others to do what you're too cowardly to do.

yes

i remember when the news was that

zimmermans poker face was to be the death of him

i can also remember when the knock knock joke

was the nail in the coffin of zimmermans freedom
Did you catch Don West's comments at the presser last night? "Stop me if you've heard this." THAT was priceless. It finally put a human face on him for me.

Would have been cool if, when the individual jurors were asked if this was your verdict...

Juror B-36 is this your verdict? Yes
Juror B23 is this your verdict? Yes
Juror I 16 is this your verdict? Yes

Someone yelled Bingo.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back