The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addendum

No federal charges under Double Jeopardy:

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Lottsa case law on Double Jeopardy. (And one really good Ashley Judd movie.) Anyone who wants it can find it themselves.

Google dual sovereignty + double jeopardy

Double jeopardy would apply though only if the DOJ went after Zimmerman on a wrongful death charge. They wouldn't. They would go after him on a civil rights violation. And the way this administration bends whatever rules they wish to accomplish whatever they want to do, I guarantee you they will do that if they think there is political capital to be gained. I'm sure they are conducting public opinion information as we speak. If enough of their constituency approves of them proceeding, then they will. And if you go by most of our more leftists friends here--you know the current administration's constituency--well. . . . .

How is that humanly possible when they interviewed over 30 people and closed the investigation as unfounded - even in their world how is that possible?

good i hope it stays this way

I think if anything major was going to happen it already would have.

On CNN, right shortly after the verdict, a white man was interviewing a member of the NEW Black Panthers` who said because of the heavily armed forces everywhere, there would not be rioting....

His admission positively surprised me. May peace prevail.

TheOldSchool, that's a cool avatar.

Lakhota, what's your stance on Obama's defense of the consumption of the derviatives of the remains of aborted human fetuses? Link provided to the proceedings of the Security and Exchange Commission:

(Read page 2)

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/cf-noaction/14a-8/2012/sarahgiltner022812-14a8.pdf

You're a loony.

Should Trayvon's family sue the media for smearing a innocent kid's name and causing racial hatred?

Smearing and innocent kid? Your kidding right. They made the case that he was an innocent kid just walking home with a bag of skittles. Showed pictures of him when he was alittle kid. They edited the 911 tapes to make zimmerman sound like a racist, but in truth martin was a racist gangsta wanna be that was high walking around for trouble. The bad part is he found it, and he lost. Nothing more if he didn't attack zimmerman he would be alive today. So get over it justice was served.

A civil case in Florida is impossible. There is no basis for the Martins to bring a federal civil case. There is a real problem with federal charges because unlike the Rodney King case, Zimmerman wasn't acting under color of law.

I also missed it yesterday. Where did you see it? I heard the Martins did not even show up. They knew their son was a POS thug.

Justice was served, a kid lost his life, you know nothing of how the Martins feel.

You are a classless POS.

They are POS for trying to railroad an innocent man in order to gain fame & fortune. They knew the truth, they kicked their own son out of the house. He called himself a gangster & he was not just playing around. He bragged about beating the hell out of snitches like GZ. They are a POS!

It was the US government that brought the trial on. The parents are humans that were hurt and have a pain that will stay with them until the day they die. They loved their child like any parent would.

Race-Marxists are on MSNBC this morning demanding, in high and menacing terms, a federal prosecution of Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights.

Nevermind that the trial testimony satisfied all minds accessible to reason that Zimmmerman acted in self-defense---they want another bite at the apple. A black youth is dead at the hands of a man with some white blood, and a terrible retribution must be exacted--damn the evidence to the effect that the effective cause of Martin's death was his own decision to viciously attack Zimmerman, instead of just going on home.

I say they will not get further retribution

Holder (and Obama) are purely political animals. The good of the Chicago-Machine Branch of the Democratic Party is all that matters.

And further demonizing and persecuting Zimmerman (because he has a white father), tempting as it is, would be crossing the line, even for Holder and Obama. Not in their overall political interests.

So, we are going to see the spectacle of Barak Obama and Eric Holder telling Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson---NO.

Meanwhile, since Zimmerman shot Martin, hundreds of black youths have died in Chicago, of gunshot wounds, at the hands of other blacks. This is not an issue of interest to Race-Marxists.

USA Today:

Angry civil rights groups on Sunday were pressing for new criminal charges following George Zimmerman's acquittal on second-degree murder and manslaughter in a Florida courtroom.

The NAACP website featured an online petition asking the Justice Department to bring federal charges against Zimmerman in the February 2012 fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Civil rights leaders seek new charges against Zimmerman

Double jeopardy would apply though only if the DOJ went after Zimmerman on a wrongful death charge. They wouldn't. They would go after him on a civil rights violation. And the way this administration bends whatever rules they wish to accomplish whatever they want to do, I guarantee you they will do that if they think there is political capital to be gained. I'm sure they are conducting public opinion information as we speak. If enough of their constituency approves of them proceeding, then they will. And if you go by most of our more leftists friends here--you know the current administration's constituency--well. . . . .

How is that humanly possible when they interviewed over 30 people and closed the investigation as unfounded - even in their world how is that possible?

I believe that a federal prosecution on civil rights charges is not going to happen... oops lets edit that :

I STRONGLY believe that a federal prosecution on civil rights charges is not going to happen...
oops lets edit that to this:

If Holder brings a Civil Rights action against GZ, he should be impeached
.... oops lets edit that to this:

If Holder brings a Civil Rights action against GZ, he should be tarred and feathered.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Yeah, we certainly know they wouldn't have accepted it if he was ruled guilty.

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

The evidence already was that this was not racially motivated. That makes a DOJ suit highly unlikely. It wold also be unpopular generally and would drag into the 2014 election.
So I dont think it will happen.

The NAACP however is pushing it. And that is could be sufficient reason for the DOJ to get involved. Whoever is running for election or re-election in 2014 will want those votes.

Wont happen. No grounds for a suit. Too divisive. The prosecutors already look bad here. They dont need more bad publicity.

That's fucking hilarious... Here's why...

Just the other day I made the suggestion that this could happen, and someone, I can't remember who, essentially called me a dumbass claiming this could not happen.

Now... Who was that... :eusa_think:

Edit:

Okay... They did not call me a dumbass, I exaggerated just a bit. But they did say it was impossible to bring these types of charges against a private citizen...

If Zimmerman is indeed acquitted, I would not be surprised to see Federal charges filed against him for civil rights violations...

As for the game... I got nothing...

???

While I would expect Obama to rig up some sort of charge, hitting a private citizen on Civil Rights would be impossible.

Last edited:
A civil case in Florida is impossible. There is no basis for the Martins to bring a federal civil case. There is a real problem with federal charges because unlike the Rodney King case, Zimmerman wasn't acting under color of law.

Possibly, but there are two more on the horizon: criminal stalking, and criminal civil rights violation

And they won't be tried by the good white folk of Sanford FL under Florida Law - but the Justice Department using Federal law.

Zimmerman has cause to worry ...

:)

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

odd considering everyone I knew at the time was cheering over the OJ verdict.

He may have killed them, but the evidence wasnt good.

our justice system worked. The State couldnt prove it's case. Must be found not guilty. True justice will be done by the Lord.

Possibly, but there are two more on the horizon: criminal stalking, and criminal civil rights violation

And they won't be tried by the good white folk of Sanford FL under Florida Law - but the Justice Department using Federal law.

Zimmerman has cause to worry ...

:)

If they could have charged him with "criminal stalking" they would have. Fact of the matter: Zimmerman stalked no one.
As for civil rights violation, it was already established it was not racially motivated, so no case.
But dream on.

But you'll have to do it alone. Your rep rating shows that you contribute nothing but inanity and stupidity to any discussion. Your opinions are based on facts that exist only in your head.
Get lost.

Addendum

No federal charges under Double Jeopardy:

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Lottsa case law on Double Jeopardy. (And one really good Ashley Judd movie.) Anyone who wants it can find it themselves.

Did a quick reading...I don't see a pathway to overcome Petite.

There is no compelling new evidence that wasn't admissible in state court.

There is no intimidation, in fact prior to the trial, before the jury was sequestered, the intimidation was all in FAVOR of a guilty verdict.

There was no jury nullification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back