The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between sensationalizing the news and intentionally lying to make news. The networks intentionally lied. Due to their lies, George Zimmerman was damaged in his reputation and financially. He certainly does have a great case and he should bring it. This isn't a case that will go to trial. They will settle quickly because the last thing news groups want is to have their credibility played out in everyone else's news.

How much did you hear about the lawsuit filed by the Duke Lacrossse players? They sued, they sued the prosecutor's office, the police and the school.

You cannot sue "the media". "The media" comprises all methods of communication dissemination. Who owns the internet? What's he going to do, sue Al Gore because somebody wrote a blog he doesn't agree with?

Just as absurd is your blanket statement "the networks intentionally lied". For a start, who are "the networks"? You're gonna walk into court naming "the networks" as defendant? Really? Whoever they are, how do you know they "lied"? And if so, how do you know it was "intentional"? To know these things, you'd have to not only be present in the board meeting where "the networks" (in the "the networks" building, 123 Main Street, Anywhere USA) agreed among themselves to "lie" -- but you'd have to have been present at the site of the altercation between Zimmerman and the kid to know what actually went down.

Because in reality everything you actually do know about that event came to you from the same source named in this suit: "the media". So if you're going to conclude "the networks" or "the media" "lied" in the progression of the "story" --- and therefore are not credible --- then you have to reject the story itself, since they gave it to you in the first place.

:banghead:

You cannot sue "the media" any more than you can sue "damn liburruls/damn conservatives" or "racists" or "these kids today". The premise is absurd.

I am sure that things will get more specific if a suit is filed. Of course specific networks and media outlets were involved. Literal-minded little thing, ain't ya?

You cannot sue "the media". "The media" comprises all methods of communication dissemination. Who owns the internet? What's he going to do, sue Al Gore because somebody wrote a blog he doesn't agree with?

Just as absurd is your blanket statement "the networks intentionally lied". For a start, who are "the networks"? You're gonna walk into court naming "the networks" as defendant? Really? Whoever they are, how do you know they "lied"? And if so, how do you know it was "intentional"? To know these things, you'd have to not only be present in the board meeting where "the networks" (in the "the networks" building, 123 Main Street, Anywhere USA) agreed among themselves to "lie" -- but you'd have to have been present at the site of the altercation between Zimmerman and the kid to know what actually went down.

Because in reality everything you actually do know about that event came to you from the same source named in this suit: "the media". So if you're going to conclude "the networks" or "the media" "lied" in the progression of the "story" --- and therefore are not credible --- then you have to reject the story itself, since they gave it to you in the first place.

You cannot sue "the media" any more than you can sue "damn liburruls/damn conservatives" or "racists" or "these kids today". The premise is absurd.

He cannot sue the media generally but he can sue specific media outlets. The case against CBS is stellar. A first year law student could win that one.

And what did CBS do?

They made the edited tape to prove that Zimmerman was a racist.

Since I think he is guilty, I hope he has no future. None. I hope he is sued, I hope he never works again and I really really hope he doesnt make money from a book on how to kill black teens.

Personally, I hope he ends up in a cell next to OJ.

Such hatred for your fellow man. It must really suck to be you. Oddly enough, I find myself feeling very sorry for you.

There is a difference between sensationalizing the news and intentionally lying to make news. The networks intentionally lied. Due to their lies, George Zimmerman was damaged in his reputation and financially. He certainly does have a great case and he should bring it. This isn't a case that will go to trial. They will settle quickly because the last thing news groups want is to have their credibility played out in everyone else's news.

How much did you hear about the lawsuit filed by the Duke Lacrossse players? They sued, they sued the prosecutor's office, the police and the school.

I am sure that things will get more specific if a suit is filed. Of course specific networks and media outlets were involved. Literal-minded little thing, ain't ya?

Fine. YOU walk into court bringing a suit against "the media" or "the networks". Let me know how long it is before the laughter subsides.

I just watched the verdict - I was too busy dancing around the house and imitating the Bernster's skippage last night to watch. And what I saw was humility and gratefulness.

That is worth something in the world of justice and gives me some solace against the outrage of the GD government.

Fine. YOU walk into court bringing a suit against "the media" or "the networks". Let me know how long it is before the laughter subsides.

Did I not just tell you that specific entities would be named in a suit? Are you daft, or merely illiterate?

Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

No civil charges will be brought.

First, self defense provides immunity from civil liability in Florida.Second, O'Mara covered this in the after verdict press conference.
Third, no lawyer will bring suit because under Florida law if the plaintiffs lose, the defendants legal expenses must be split between the plaintiffs AND the plaintiffs lawyer.

I just watched the verdict - I was too busy dancing around the house and imitating the Bernster's skippage last night to watch. And what I saw was humility and gratefulness.

That is worth something in the world of justice and gives me some solace against the outrage of the GD government.

yes

i remember when the news was that

zimmermans poker face was to be the death of him

i can also remember when the knock knock joke

was the nail in the coffin of zimmermans freedom

I missed it as well. I got tired of the talking heads so I was watching an H2 presentation on Jesse James, and flipping back and forth. I was just a few seconds too late the last time. But I've seen it since. After the question about manslaughter, I think he was expecting that to be the verdict.

I'm already in O'Mara withdrawal!

Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

First, self defense provides immunity from civil liability in Florida.Second, O'Mara covered this in the after verdict press conference.
Third, no lawyer will bring suit because under Florida law if the plaintiffs lose, the defendants legal expenses must be split between the plaintiffs AND the plaintiffs lawyer.

thanks for the lnks

I also missed it yesterday. Where did you see it? I heard the Martins did not even show up. They knew their son was a POS thug.

Addendum

No federal charges under Double Jeopardy:

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Lottsa case law on Double Jeopardy. (And one really good Ashley Judd movie.) Anyone who wants it can find it themselves.

Last edited:

Did I not just tell you that specific entities would be named in a suit? Are you daft, or merely illiterate?

The OP says "sue the media".
A post from a few minutes ago says "the networks intentionally lied".
You say "specific entities" without naming any or what they'd be sued for.

Some people are starting topics emptyhanded.

I missed it as well. I got tired of the talking heads so I was watching an H2 presentation on Jesse James, and flipping back and forth. I was just a few seconds too late the last time. But I've seen it since. After the question about manslaughter, I think he was expecting that to be the verdict.

I'm already in O'Mara withdrawal!

Ditto on Stamina!!!

This count?

"Mob beats man on his own front porch “for Trayvon”…press ignores" Police say that the group of 20 assailants used chairs, pipes and paint cans to waylay Owens on his own front porch.... as her brother lie on the ground bleeding, one of the assailants looked back and shouted: “Now that’s justice for Trayvon!”... only the latest in a string of alleged black-on-white hate crimes in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting on February 26, in Sanford, Florida.

a. -Last week, police in the Chicago suburb of Maywood arrested 18-year-old Alton L. Hayes III, after he and a juvenile accomplice allegedly attacked and robbed a man. Hayes has admitted to the crime and told police he committed the brutal assault because he was angry over the Trayvon Martin case,..."
Mob beats man on his own front porch ?for Trayvon??press ignores - Norfolk Crime | Examiner.com

Just a reminder.....

Here's a photo ON THE NIGHT OF THE SHOOTING of that 'child' the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM loves to talk about --

Screen-Shot-2013-07-14-at-9.10.25-AM-550x347.png

Here's the photo they generally used --

trayvonmartin-redshirt-crop.jpg

Nothing dishonest there, huh kids?

the clerk btw is taller then zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back