The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I think he is guilty, I hope he has no future. None. I hope he is sued, I hope he never works again and I really really hope he doesnt make money from a book on how to kill black teens.

Personally, I hope he ends up in a cell next to OJ.

Not the book - the billions from NBC, CNN and ABC.

You've got your funding all screwed up.

As an acquittal seams more and more likely...time to start thinking about the post trial excuses.

If Zimmerman is acquitted, list the talking point excuses that will be most vocalized by those invested in a guilty verdict...

A few are already out there.

The police took too long to arrest Zimmerman.

The police didn't collect enough evidence.

Zimmerman knew exactly what to say.

Add your own...

The 5 white woman on the jury disenfranchised the lone black/Hispanic woman. RACISTS!!!

Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

Let them do it.

Civil trial burden is far more lenient than criminal. Their angel won't be looking so angelic after a round of civil trial.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.
Really, your going to go back and ask a complete stranger in the dark, "what are you doing following me"? You know I consider myself a tuff guy in life, but if a stranger is following me (and me with no gun or sufficient self defense weapon on me), and on a stormy night in the dark even for a second, I am getting somewhere safe very fast if at all possible, and I am then calling the law immediately from that safe place in which I would have run to, then once the law gets there, I will come out to see who it is that was following me if even for a second when he is then brought before me by the law.

Now I may act up then if I think I had been profiled wrongfully, and I may even take a swing at the guy in front of the law while standing there if I am that disgusted by the situation (maybe risk a night in jail because of), but what Trayvon did was very dangerous and proved to be even deadly for him, so lessons are to be learned by it all, and lets not allow a Trayvon mistake to become anyone else's mistake in the future.

Last edited:
Watching BSNBC. There is a woman on now that says the US govt needs to look at Florida's 6 person jury law, and also make them pass something to insure diversity on their juries. :cuckoo:

LOL, tell the brits that this little thing was looked into by SCOTUS in a case entitled WILLIAMS v. FLORIDA, 399 U.S. 78 (1970) and found to be ok.

You might also tell them, that unlike the brits which have what is known as "parliamentary supremacy" which means parliament can do whatever they want by a simple majority even to the extent of setting aside the protections provided by such documents as the Magna Charta, the US operates under a system best describe as a "constitutionally limited federal republic with strong democratic traditions". That "federal" part means their are various governments each with a degree of independent sovereignty ... which in English means the Feds can not tell Florida what to do in this instance and, in fact, Florida can tell the US government to stick it in the place where the sun don't shine.

The ONLY possibility of Z facing another trial of ANY kind is if the Stuttering Clusterfukk orders Eric Himmler to try Z on 'Civil Rights' charges a'la the Rodney King fiasco.

And that just ain't gonna happen.

There can be no civil lawsuits filed in a self-defense case in Florida where the defendant is found not guilty due to self defense.

neighborhood-watch.jpg

Suck on it libtards.

You lose

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

:lmao: @ BSNBC. Now they have a priest on asking why George had to carry a gun wherever he went.

Here's your answer, Father. Because he has the Constitutional right to carry it.

Wait, so tomorrow morning I can get up, follow George Zimmerman, pick a fight with him, shoot him dead, and they'll let me go free as long as I say I was defending myself from him?

Wicked.

well...you had better be 100% sure there are no witnesses watching the incident....and that there is no actual evidence proving otherwise.

That is what many seem to forget here....

if the incident did NOT go the ay Zimmerman claimed, how was he so sure there were not witnesses and actual evidence proving he was lying?

I mean...it was a residential complex....many residents.....he was on the phone with police...gave his name.....assumes people were around in their homes.....yet no one was able to contradict what he claimed.

Will you be able to ensure the same when you kill Zimmerman?

the detective had actually told him there was video of it, and he was glad and excited there was. It was a ploy by the detective to see his reaction. Unfortunately for Zimmerman it wasn't true and thus there will still be those that want to lynch him without just that. Even then I wonder if some wouldn't still want to.

The problem with a federal civil rights prosecution is the the DOJ has already investigated and closed their case. While they can reopen it, they would have to turn over all of that prior investigation to the defense including the reasons why it was closed to begin with. Also, the defense now has all the exculpatory evidence that was illegally withheld in the state's case.

Unless obama has a desire to get another public black eye, he'll stay out of it.

Double Jeopardy is also a problem:

The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides, "No person shall … be subject for the same offence [sic] to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb." This provision, known as the Double Jeopardy Clause, prohibits state and federal governments from prosecuting individuals for the same crime on more than one occasion, or imposing more than one punishment for a single offense. Each of the 50 states offers similar protection through its own constitution, statutes, and Common Law.

double jeopardy legal definition of double jeopardy. double jeopardy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

justice was served

now on to prosecuting the state attorneys

Very difficult to establish Jon. There is a protection in the law against such lawsuits called "prosecutorial immunity". Basically, you have to show hatred and ill will which led to bringing charges that they knew were false and fraudulent.

Lets put it this way... I bet not very many attorneys would be willing to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.

Any news on sanctions against the prosecution for discovery violations?

morning legal

yes i know it is hard

the hatred and ill will is there we seen it happen

all they way up and into the closing

what did the state use for evidence in this case

Could be -might have been -and maybe

as omara said so eloquently "seriously"

and then there is the cover up as well

the only way for true justice to prevail in the long run

is to weed out this corruption

the door into this is though the firing of IT supervisor Ben Kruidbos

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

lol, this from the same guy who insisted obsessively that I had to PROVE Obama wasn't guilty in the IRS affair,

or I'd lost the argument.

You people are funny.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

de la Rionda didn't dare pick a black jurist - he'd lose his job.

:)

They probably couldn't find any blacks in the pool that weren't racist and hadn't already made up their minds on this! I know there are blacks out there that aren't racist, and I know of some that thought this trial was a farce....but just not in the Sanford area!

Think those 6 white ladies could go back to their all-white neighborhoods after convicting a white boy of killing a black kid?

In a racist cesspool in Florida?

If you do, I have this bridge in Brooklyn ... cheap ...

Yes I do.....most white's don't go crazy over something like that. But racists don't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back