The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the IRS look into zimmerman's finances.

I'll bet he has not paid a nickel of taxes on his donation money.

I think I'll write them about that.

Here you go Snooks. Use this form and you will get a 10% reward on any amounts collected:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f211.pdf

Of course, you must describe exactly what the violation is and swear under oath as to the veracity thereof which would expose you to penalties if false or if you have no reasonable basis for your claim...

Good luck :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

But sadly for all concerned, this likely isn't over yet. As ya'll have noted, the trial and defamation continues via the media.

Also, the story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the criminal trial including video footage of testimony of expert witnesses, and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the really inflammatory text messages and tweets, the marijuana and suspension from school, the women's jewelry in his possession, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

WUT? Where did you hear about the DOJ thing?

If the gubbamint does back the hell off and leave it alone now, I'm defecting to the tax free Bahamas.

Well you may need to update your passport. . . .

July 14, 2013

The NAACP was "outraged" over the not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman murder trial and called on the Department of Justice to prosecute Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin.

"We are outraged and heartbroken over today's verdict," NAACP President Benjamin Jealous said in a statement.

"We will pursue civil rights charges with the Department of Justice, we will continue to fight for the removal of Stand Your Ground laws in every state, and we will not rest until racial profiling in all its forms is outlawed," Jealous said.

A civil rights probe had previously been opened by the Department of Justice and a spokeswoman said the department would continue to "evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial."
Outraged NAACP Wants Feds to Prosecute George Zimmerman - ABC News

The problem with a federal civil rights prosecution is the the DOJ has already investigated and closed their case. While they can reopen it, they would have to turn over all of that prior investigation to the defense including the reasons why it was closed to begin with. Also, the defense now has all the exculpatory evidence that was illegally withheld in the state's case.

Unless obama has a desire to get another public black eye, he'll stay out of it.

For misleading the people of the United states--- I hope Mr.George Zimmerman sues the media for one billion dollars in damages. He'd fucking win too.

Msnbc is totally and utterly misleading and seriously trying to ignite racial hatred in this country. 3-4 whites would be alive today if it wasn't for these bastards and this is justification alone to be pulled off of cable t.v. The fucking bastards.:evil:

Nbc should be sued for making fake evidence against Zimmerman
Cnn should be sued

They all should be sued for smearing a innocent mans name and causing racial hatred.

We better make damn sure we force our media to be honest...Or we're screwed. None of these pieces of crap cared about reality of the case.

"Sue the media"?? :rofl:
Why stop there? Why not just "sue the public"? Including all the participants of Zimmerman threads on this board?

Media is always going to take the side of whatever stirs up the most shit. Why? Because it sells papers and TV shows and talk radio. In other words there would be no controversy here, indeed no story at all, if all you wags sniffing around taking sides on an event you weren't there to see concerning two people you've never met in a place you've never been, didn't completely buy into the media selling this story as an "us vs. them" in the first place.

That is to say, without this public element feeding it, the story has no legs in any "who was at fault" direction, at all. Which ultimately means, if you're incensed at the coverage of this trial and need a guilty party, look in the mirror.

Commercial news media doesn't exist to give the public news; it exists to make money. In that, truth is always the first casualty. A wise guy who was a real newsman put it like this:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

Most of the time, that commercial media will dress up a non-story in sensationalist garb and trot it out as "news" (I mean, who the fuck is Jody Arias and what does she have to do with you? How do Tiger Woods' marital squabbles affect you? What difference does it make how Michael Jackson died?). It's up to the viewing/reading/listening public to declare that that emperor has no clothes. As long as you swallow their line that that news-emperor is wearing either a magnificent or a deplorable robe, either way you're bickering over something that simply does not exist. Commercial media doesn't care which way you see the robe; only that you agree to pretend it is a robe.

Last edited:
Watching BSNBC. There is a woman on now that says the US govt needs to look at Florida's 6 person jury law, and also make them pass something to insure diversity on their juries. :cuckoo:

justice was served

now on to prosecuting the state attorneys

Very difficult to establish Jon. There is a protection in the law against such lawsuits called "prosecutorial immunity". Basically, you have to show hatred and ill will which led to bringing charges that they knew were false and fraudulent.

Lets put it this way... I bet not very many attorneys would be willing to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.

Any news on sanctions against the prosecution for discovery violations?

There was incalculable racist hate & ill will that lead the state to charge GZ. It should be easy to prove they knew the charges were false and fraudulent. They had no coherent theory from the start & even changed their theory as the trial progressed.

I believe Zimmerman has a defamation suit. I hope he brings it. Visual media is not print media. The techniques are different. I believe he can win it with the right lawyer.

There is a difference between sensationalizing the news and intentionally lying to make news. The networks intentionally lied. Due to their lies, George Zimmerman was damaged in his reputation and financially. He certainly does have a great case and he should bring it. This isn't a case that will go to trial. They will settle quickly because the last thing news groups want is to have their credibility played out in everyone else's news.

How much did you hear about the lawsuit filed by the Duke Lacrossse players? They sued, they sued the prosecutor's office, the police and the school.

You left out what occurred between statement one and statement two.

Zimmerman essentially stalked Martin. A 17 yr old black youth being stalked by an unknown adult white man in a racially uneasy area.

Should he have jumped Zimmerman? No.

Was he afraid for his life? Quite possibly.

He made a bad decision in how to defend himself. Apparently.

Should he be blamed for that? No.

But he is. He is labeled a "thug".
Is there evidence to suggest that he was a thug or wannabe thug ? If so then do people have it right when labeling like they do, be it by both sides like they were both doing on these two people caught in a whirlwind together ? I mean Zimmerman was labeled a white racist, when there is evidence that he tutored black children, and even defended blacks in a situation or something like that.

Not really - mostly circumstantial and inconclusive, like with Zimmerman.

It's trial by media.

With all due respect, Coyote? The ONLY reason that Trayvon is IN Sanford is that he's been suspended from high school for possession of pot and breaking into other kid's lockers and stealing jewelry. That's not "circumstantial and inconclusive"...that's a fact. We've got one of the two people involved in this fight using offensively racist language immediately prior to the fight and that person ISN'T George Zimmerman...it's Trayvon Martin calling someone a "Cracker". That also isn't circumstantial or inclusive...it's a fact...a fact that the main stream media chose to ignore because it didn't fit their "narrative" that a racist white man stalked and killed an innocent teen who only wanted to buy candy and return home...a narrative that wasn't supported by the facts.

Since I think he is guilty, I hope he has no future. None. I hope he is sued, I hope he never works again and I really really hope he doesnt make money from a book on how to kill black teens.

Personally, I hope he ends up in a cell next to OJ.

Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

Last edited:
Since I think he is guilty, I hope he has no future. None. I hope he is sued, I hope he never works again and I really really hope he doesnt make money from a book on how to kill black teens.

Personally, I hope he ends up in a cell next to OJ.

images

Get some new material, Bodey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back