The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But sadly for all concerned, this likely isn't over yet. As ya'll have noted, the trial and defamation continues via the media.

Also, the story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the criminal trial including video footage of testimony of expert witnesses, and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the really inflammatory text messages and tweets, the marijuana and suspension from school, the women's jewelry in his possession, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

Last edited:
Sorry you dumb asses believed the media in this.
The prosecution held a news conference after the trial.
They did the best they could with little to no evidence.
Amazing you dumb asses still believe what media told you and ignore the facts and evidence introduced at trial.
The sheep that you are.

Given the lack of evidence, you can only say that justice was done in the sense that our system of justice appears to have functioned properly.

Justice at a higher level is achieved when the wrongdoers are properly punished. We cannot know if the innocent verdict was justice in that sense.

The wrongdoer was properly punished. He's dead.

That is exactly the kind of statement that results in no one on this forum treating you like an adult.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.

This is something most of us learn as little children. It's NOT all right to hit someone because they said something to you! It's not OK to hit someone because they looked at you! It's not acceptable to hit someone because they're following you!

This notion that because George Zimmerman FOLLOWED Trayvon Martin that it gave Martin the RIGHT to viciously attack him is absolutely insane! Why would you "come back" and start a fight when the right thing to do is to just walk away and diffuse the situation?

I am not sure of a civil trial.. what does Zimmerman have as far as wealth.
Civil rights trial....Depends on how much the usual suspects like Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
threaten protests and boycotts and such.

He's definitely getting sued.

goldman.jpg

:clap2:

justice was served

now on to prosecuting the state attorneys

Very difficult to establish Jon. There is a protection in the law against such lawsuits called "prosecutorial immunity". Basically, you have to show hatred and ill will which led to bringing charges that they knew were false and fraudulent.

Lets put it this way... I bet not very many attorneys would be willing to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.

Any news on sanctions against the prosecution for discovery violations?

And what may make a tragedy even more tragic is that this likely isn't over for Zimmerman.

The story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

And, the Martins have allegedly received over a million dollars in contributions for the purpose of going after Zimmerman on their own civil wrongful death suit that could drain him of every asset he owns.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the the criminal trial and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the text messages and tweets, the marijuana and women's jewelry, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

I don't see, even Holder/Obama doing this.

It would disappoint me greatly....

I'm guessing the one where the rules of law and evidence are followed and a verdict is reached based on testimony and stuff rather than emotion and media reports...

When the cops in the Rodney King case were acquitted at the state level, and then convicted in the federal civil rights trial,

in which case was justice done, by your definition? Both? Neither? The first? The second?

I lived in California at that time. Not far from Simi Valley. The jury was wrong in Simi Valley. Does that answer your question?

No, because if you'd read the OP's thread title, which is now gone because the thread was merged,

he implied that justice was done because of the verdict that was reached. He may now be backtracking.

But sadly for all concerned, this likely isn't over yet. As ya'll have noted, the trial and defamation continues via the media.

Also, the story now is that the DOJ will likely bring violation of civil rights charges against Zimmerman and, because of presumed wrongful death, that could include prison time up to and including life imprisonment or even the death penalty. The NAACP is pushing for that.

The only ace in the hole Zimmerman holds is an innocent verdict in the criminal trial including video footage of testimony of expert witnesses, and that the evidence the judge wouldn't allow in the trial would be fair game from now on--the photos, the really inflammatory text messages and tweets, the marijuana and suspension from school, the women's jewelry in his possession, the whole nine yards. If the Martins really want to preserve the reputation of their son, they will ask everybody to now drop it and move on.

WUT? Where did you hear about the DOJ thing?

If the gubbamint does back the hell off and leave it alone now, I'm defecting to the tax free Bahamas.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.

It did, last night. There was no crime until Trayvon Martin assaulted George Zimmerman. Over, done, The End.

There have been no riots or violence in Florida over the Zimmerman verdict in fact other than some idiots in Oakland I have not heard of any at all I know a lot of people were disappointed with the verdict I'm glad they stayed calm over it and that those who supported Zimmerman were did not go cheering and high fiveing over the verdict both sides have handled this very well.

This notion that Zimmerman was somehow "causing trouble" because he cared enough about his neighborhood to be concerned about a stranger walking around in it is also insane. It's what GOOD NEIGHBORS DO! You don't turn the other way and pretend you don't see something! You don't say..."Oh, that's the Police's problem...not mine!"....you DO something proactive to protect yourself and your neighbors. You send a message to the people out there that ARE committing crimes that you live in a neighborhood where people look out for one another.

Just a reminder.....

Here's a photo ON THE NIGHT OF THE SHOOTING of that 'child' the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM loves to talk about --

Screen-Shot-2013-07-14-at-9.10.25-AM-550x347.png

Here's the photo they generally used --

trayvonmartin-redshirt-crop.jpg

Nothing dishonest there, huh kids?

I wonder how long the angry mob stayed around.

They just moved to MSNBC :lol:

MSNBC has been having an EPIC MELTDOWN all morning!!! :lol:

HLN and CNN too.

NBC Today show almost completely ignored the verdict.

David Gregory on Meet the Press was pretty fair, IMO.

Could have had a Zimmerman supporter on with Al Sharpton, but Gregory asked some tough questions of Sharpton, which Sharpton clearly avoided answering.

Gregory: "Did you think the trial was fair? That's what you wanted, a day in court, Zimmerman to face a jury of his peers...and that happened. Do you believe the trial was fair?"

Sharpton artfully dodged to question more than once...Gregory kept the heat on and posed the question more than once.

It is so awesome how MSNBC doctored photos & altered recordings to lure all the racist in like flies on shit. Then along comes their star witness Rachel & blows up their whole pile of shit all over their stupid ass's. :lol: EPIC!!!

Rachel's inconsistent statements in the beginning had me thinking she had been tampered with. But after that I was not sure. She has been raised in a racist culture & has little chance being surrounded by all this hate. With all the other people getting rich off of this trial, she is the one who could benefit her young life the most if she could get her hands on some of that. Education can work a miracle there.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer

When the feds try zimmerman it won't be by a peckerwood all white jury.

So the outcome of the case wasn't what you wanted and you immediately blame it on the jury? Your implying the jury was racist and calling them "peckerwoods" just because they did not reach the verdict you wanted shows how deep seated your own racism is. You also apparently don't realize that one of the jurors was hispanic.

Black/Hispanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back