The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GZ said "coons", why did the prosecutor say he said "punks"? The prosecutor was desperate to find something to prove that GZ was racist. He couldn't do it.

BREAKING: Zimmerman Prosecution Opens with "Fucking Punks"

TM did use a racial epithet. GZ did not. GZ said TM was acting like he was on drugs or something, and guess what -- TM was on drugs. When GZ saw TM acting suspiciously, GZ was on alert and was frustrated because that neighborhood had been the target of a number of burglaries, but even in his frustration he didn't utter anything which the prosecution could use to make him look bad.

I know that, but "punks" doesn't have the "coooo" sound heard clearly in the tape.

You're a riot.

GZ didn't commit a crime. He reported a suspicious looking young man who was on drugs, and then he got pummeled for looking out for his neighborhood.

It is tragic that TM's recklessness resulted in his death.

It is a good thing that GZ wasn't sacrificed on the altar of political correctness or racial appeasement. Justice was done.

/the end

Have you ever done something "reckless" in your life?

You know what I find appalling? That so many people are so callous about a kid getting shot to death because he didn't know exactly the right way to handle a situation. He was a kid, barely turned 17.

But he was a black kid, wasn't he? And I know without a doubt that's why so many of you just don't give a fuck about what happened to him.

You've profiled him in your minds just as Zimmerman profiled him on the streets that night. It MUST have been his fault. Those kind, they always cause trouble.
Basically. That's the long and short of it.

Now we get to experience the further demonization of the victim Trayvon Martin, by the killer's supporters. They took all his inconsistent lies and garbage as gospel truth.

Trayvon got what punks get. Usually at the hands of other punks..in this case, at the hands of a victim.

And the jury concurs. Innocent of any crime.

Horseshit.

The CDC Is PROHIBITED BY LAW from doing gun studies, after the Kellerman study showed that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Well, the NRA wasn't having that shit.

I love that POS study.

I'm sure you do.

Kellerman, Global Warming, Evolution. If Science debunks your beliefs, you want to suppress the science.

Love the fake science you push.

Do you still deny Mark Furman is a racist and wink at him when he appears on the news so often? I will never forget how he came off at the OJ trial.

What does he have to do with your ground breaking evidence? Please, you will change my mind on this whole case if you will tell me why the state of Florida left this evidence out of court. What conspiracy led to this not being introduced?

Like I said, it would have made the prosecution look like the bad guy IMO and IMO he said "coons." It's my opinion GZ is a racist, and I'm sticking to it.

Would you care to take a crack at explaining why a "racist" would have organized a protest when the white son of a Sanford Police officer beat a black homeless man? Or explain why a "racist" mentored two black children?

not much of great import to add

-Comcast went down--finally got a person who could send the refresh signal--Victory is Mine!!

--someone finally said--this was a 2nd Amendment case--and we must talk further

I don't know--somehow my little area has managed to 'just live'. Lots of healthcare and research/academic types--dog lovers--rather peaceful people. It is pleasant enough. Work, eat, sleep occasionally relax. lol

a small squash has formed--acorn. fingers crossed on the butternut squash.

my poor dog--hangs in there--just looks at me when I am on the computer too long--lots of walks for him this week.

hoping to watch the Tour de France tonight. the visuals of the news channels just don't cut it. somewhere there must be scenery--
later gators.

Wow. Interesting case. The prosecution did a terrible job on this one. The judge was way out of line. The defense did what it had to do: Present the jury a reasonable doubt.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs on this, the CRIMINAL act did not begin until the fight began.

It is not illegal to be a racist.
It is not illegal to call cops if you find someone suspicious.
It is not illegal to confront someone and ask them what they are up to.

Then....a fight happened. We'll never know how or why or when it started, but it did. All that matters is "Did Zimmerman fear for his life"? Jury says yes.

But, from a legal standpoint, I wonder why the prosecution never asked "If you were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you and tried to stop you from going home, would YOU 'stand your ground' and fight back intensely?"

Afterall, a stranger with a gun DID confront Trayvon. Did Trayvon "Stand his ground" by responding with violent force?

If YOU were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you, how would YOU respond?

Crazy case.

That's just the thing about our concealed carry laws.
You don't know if that stranger is carrying a gun.

You should always assume that they are.

This whole "George Zimmerman is a racist" narrative that the main stream media allowed to circulate is laughable when you actually look at the way the man has lived his life.

I know that, but "punks" doesn't have the "coooo" sound heard clearly in the tape.

You're a riot.

GZ didn't commit a crime. He reported a suspicious looking young man who was on drugs, and then he got pummeled for looking out for his neighborhood.

It is tragic that TM's recklessness resulted in his death.

It is a good thing that GZ wasn't sacrificed on the altar of political correctness or racial appeasement. Justice was done.

/the end

Have you ever done something "reckless" in your life?

I have done many things which could have resulted in my death or at a minimum paralysis. I'm lucky I survived my teens and 20's. Youth is a dangerous time.

If my recklessness had killed me, my parents would have been devastated. But that wouldn't have meant anyone belonged in jail for it.

What does he have to do with your ground breaking evidence? Please, you will change my mind on this whole case if you will tell me why the state of Florida left this evidence out of court. What conspiracy led to this not being introduced?

Like I said, it would have made the prosecution look like the bad guy IMO and IMO he said "coons." It's my opinion GZ is a racist, and I'm sticking to it.

Would you care to take a crack at explaining why a "racist" would have organized a protest when the white son of a Sanford Police officer beat a black homeless man? Or explain why a "racist" mentored two black children?

Excellent questions. :thup:

Upon further research that million dollars for the Martin family was not donations but their settlement with the Homeowner's Association where the shooting took place. But that would not prevent them from going after Zimmerman personally. I haven't found anything officially that this is a certainty, just a lot of folks citing it as a probability. That of course if Zimmerman survives this--there have been numerous death threats. Would they then go after his wife for his share of the community property?

Moral of story. Better to allow yourself to be beaten to death or seriously injured than defend yourself? It is starting to look that way.

No civil charges will be brought.

First, self defense provides immunity from civil liability in Florida.Second, O'Mara covered this in the after verdict press conference.
Third, no lawyer will bring suit because under Florida law if the plaintiffs lose, the defendants legal expenses must be split between the plaintiffs AND the plaintiffs lawyer.

Sounds imminently sensible to me.

Quick it could be said that you are discriminating against a Hispanic man with you assertions.

O rly?

Why is it so important?

CNN Senior Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin said it’s extremely significant because the federal government is not able to prosecute your every day, typical murder. “People fighting on the street is not a federal crime,” Toobin said. “However, if one person shoots another based on racial hostility, racial animus, that does become a federal crime and if, very shortly before the murder, Zimmerman used this racial epithet to refer to the person he ultimately shot, that very much puts it within the FBI and the Justice Department’s ambit of a case that they could prosecute.”

Anderson Cooper: Did George Zimmerman use a racial slur? Why it's important - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com

I pretty much still believe Mark Furman is a racist, although people do change over time. Furman has been treated like a hero ever since the OJ trial. Go figure.

Quick it could be said that you are discriminating against a Hispanic man with you assertions.

O rly?

Why is it so important?

CNN Senior Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin said it’s extremely significant because the federal government is not able to prosecute your every day, typical murder. “People fighting on the street is not a federal crime,” Toobin said. “However, if one person shoots another based on racial hostility, racial animus, that does become a federal crime and if, very shortly before the murder, Zimmerman used this racial epithet to refer to the person he ultimately shot, that very much puts it within the FBI and the Justice Department’s ambit of a case that they could prosecute.”

Anderson Cooper: Did George Zimmerman use a racial slur? Why it's important - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com

Yes really. Nice link to an article from 16 months ago. By continually claiming already disproved theories it could be construed as discrimination of a Hispanic man.

O rly?

Why is it so important?

However, Zimmerman didn't say "coons". If he had, the prosecution would have run with it.

Zimmerman is a guy who fights against racial injustice. In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting | The Daily Caller

He's not the racist some people so desperately need him to be.

Sometimes bad things happen. Someone doesn't have to go to jail every time a bad thing happens.

Fair enough, but don't suggest that I read the constitution when you haven't read the whole thing. If you want to insult my knowledge, do it with full knowledge.

There is nothing in the Constitution about dual sovereignty, what did you expect me to point out?

The information I showed you was in the exact same link you posted to claim I was wrong.

I didn't claim anything of the sort, I said the Constitution clearly says that the state gets one crack at a conviction, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back