The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol-Where the Sun don't Shine--a subtle hint

'I lost'--good to know what sort an impression I made on at least one poster.

thinking back on my career on message boards--not too bad...

-not Conservative enough

--not Liberal enough

not this and not that--different from whatever standards are applied

Coals to Newcastle--that was established long ago.

'bite me'--if that would make you feel better

What can never be beaten out of my head is the idea that if there are problems there are solutions.

I have done many things which could have resulted in my death or at a minimum paralysis. I'm lucky I survived my teens and 20's. Youth is a dangerous time.

If my recklessness had killed me, my parents would have been devastated. But that wouldn't have meant anyone belonged in jail for it.

What if there had been someone standing there to report you every time your actions didn't conform with what they thought was normal? Wouldn't that take ALL the fun out of life, not to suggest the killing-yourself-end-result part is fun, I've done that too.

If you are driving in a car behind someone that is driving like they are impaired, would you report that?

We are not discussing blatant criminal behavior. Trayvon showed no signs of that.

However, Zimmerman didn't say "coons". If he had, the prosecution would have run with it.

Zimmerman is a guy who fights against racial injustice. In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting | The Daily Caller

He's not the racist some people so desperately need him to be.

Sometimes bad things happen. Someone doesn't have to go to jail every time a bad thing happens.

If you can't have an opinion about someone like GZ whether they're racist or not, who can you judge to be racist? There are times when that should matter and the circumstances warrant an evaluation.

Where did you attain that right?

From Stalin?

What if there had been someone standing there to report you every time your actions didn't conform with what they thought was normal? Wouldn't that take ALL the fun out of life, not to suggest the killing-yourself-end-result part is fun, I've done that too.

If you are driving in a car behind someone that is driving like they are impaired, would you report that?

We are not discussing blatant criminal behavior. Trayvon showed no signs of that.

You don't know if some that is driving in front of you is impaired or not. You assume they are based on your experience and history. You profile them. Maybe they are reaching for something or lost a contact or any innocent thing, but you call because you believe there is a problem. Trayvon did something to stoke this same feeling in GZ. That is not a bad thing. Happens literally every single day.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Sorry...............but if you follow me for over 15 min. and I see that you're doing so, I'm gonna come back and ask what the fuck you're doing following me.

Zimmerman was wrong, and he should have been convicted. I hope Karma catches up to him.

Trayvon was wrong. It did catch up to him and that fact happens to be tragic, not funny.

But George Zimmerman only defended himself. Zimmerman did not do anything wrong. Karma did catch up to GZ when the jury acquitted him.

Like I said, it would have made the prosecution look like the bad guy IMO and IMO he said "coons." It's my opinion GZ is a racist, and I'm sticking to it.

Would you care to take a crack at explaining why a "racist" would have organized a protest when the white son of a Sanford Police officer beat a black homeless man? Or explain why a "racist" mentored two black children?

I pretty much still believe Mark Furman is a racist, although people do change over time. Furman has been treated like a hero ever since the OJ trial. Go figure.

I didn't ask you about Mark Furman...I asked you to defend your labeling George Zimmerman a "racist" in light of what he did for a black man who was beaten by a white man and in light of his mentoring of two black children. Do actions like THOSE sound like the actions of a "racist"? Yet you continue to smear someone with that accusation with nothing to back it up.

One thing I do know, right wing nuts are stupid. For real.

Somebody's gotta work to pay your welfare. Yeah, that's pretty stupid. But then a work ethic is something you would never understand.

Since you know nothing about my work ethic or career you are erroneously assuming an incorrect assumption.

But then, that's how you roll, on a personal level.

I think I know your work ethic pretty well. You are here all the time. The people of Florida paid for that farce of a trial in which there was no legitimate cause of action. Now we, not you, will pay for the federal one if Holder considers himself black enough to file it.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Actually you swallowed NBC's story hook, line, & sinker without even questioning it, then when the facts started coming out you totally ignored them. It doesn't matter to you that NBC used a doctored patch-job of a audio tape to help indict Zimmerman. It's like this with everything. You never question the acts nor the motives of the mainstream media.

Since I've never taken a stance one way or another, you are once again spewing more of the shit you somehow remain full of.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. It took 44 days from the time of the shooting, to the time of his arrest. There were honorable people who actually looked at the evidence, who said they couldn't try him because there was none. People were pressured into taking this man into custody. As was he by the media, this man was also used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.

Which means you believe all the lies that Zimmerman told.

Trayvon was a stranger acting suspiciously in a neighborhood which had experienced a string of burglaries.

If Trayvon had had a gun, he could have shot Zimmerman first, in self defense, on the suspicion that Zimmerman was the kind of white guy who would shoot an unarmed black kid.

Martin was being followed by a strange man at night, in the rain, by a strange armed white man.

If he had a gun, he would have legitimate concern to shoot Zimmerman.

If Trayvon had had a gun, he could have shot Zimmerman first, in self defense, on the suspicion that Zimmerman was the kind of white guy who would shoot an unarmed black kid.

Martin was being followed by a strange man at night, in the rain, by a strange armed white man.

If he had a gun, he would have legitimate concern to shoot Zimmerman.

wrong--try again

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Actually you swallowed NBC's story hook, line, & sinker without even questioning it, then when the facts started coming out you totally ignored them. It doesn't matter to you that NBC used a doctored patch-job of a audio tape to help indict Zimmerman. It's like this with everything. You never question the acts nor the motives of the mainstream media.

link? doctored patch?

Would you care to take a crack at explaining why a "racist" would have organized a protest when the white son of a Sanford Police officer beat a black homeless man? Or explain why a "racist" mentored two black children?

I pretty much still believe Mark Furman is a racist, although people do change over time. Furman has been treated like a hero ever since the OJ trial. Go figure.

I didn't ask you about Mark Furman...I asked you to defend your labeling George Zimmerman a "racist" in light of what he did for a black man who was beaten by a white man and in light of his mentoring of two black children. Do actions like THOSE sound like the actions of a "racist"? Yet you continue to smear someone with that accusation with nothing to back it up.

It helps to make comparisons, for instance, how do you feel about Bryant Gumbel?

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He's a Racist: Fan's Take - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He’s a Racist: Fan’s Take

While I myself wouldn't have gone as far as Bryant Gumbel apparently did in his closing remarks on HBO's Real Sports—as was reported on Yahoo! Sports—I thought there was a grain of truth to it.

Gumbel apparently said NBA Commissioner David Stern had "always seemed eager to be viewed as some kind of modern plantation overseer treating NBA men as if they were his boys,"

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. It took 44 days from the time of the shooting, to the time of his arrest. There were honorable people who actually looked at the evidence, who said they couldn't try him because there was none. People were pressured into taking this man into custody. As was he by the media, this man was also used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.

Which means you believe all the lies that Zimmerman told.

Who is the one believing lies, Snookie? Tis not I.

You're painting your ownself into the box you don't want to be painted into.

Think for a sec.

Not sure I get your drift. We all know this was about race. And power. 0bama has made it clear he is not adverse to throwing federal money away. It will happen on this as well.

link? doctored patch?

NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back