The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree again...I think Trayvon was anything but scared that night...scared? No. Very irritated? yes and perhaps even mad about being followed.

I made that case for GZ earlier in June....the going around the truck does not show being scared...it suggests he was sizing him up, imo.

But, on the other hand this hurts GZ also to me, because this is where it is clear to him that the situation is escalated and that this individual is probably not too happy about being followed. So GZs next moves are very important to me here. Tray then runs away up the path, so although tray is not happy he doesnt do anything at this point...he actually runs away and towards his condo (in that direction). GZ exits his truck and then is running after him up the same path on foot. Not a good move, imo. But GZ didnt want to lose him...especially with the cops on the way. But the perception he is now giving to this person he now knows isnt very happen is that he is following without identifying himself.

Where does anyone say Zimmerman ran after him? Making shit up again.
Here's the "child" Zimmerman saw:
politifact%2Fphotos%2Fgame.jpg

FYI.. the guy in the picture is not Martin. He is a 32 year old rapper known as "Game". He did a song with a better known rapper known as " 50 cent" back in 2006.

I find it interesting that Rabid Lie would accuse others of making shit up when he's the one making shit up by posting photos of the wrong person.

But then again...................I suppose that to a bigot like Rabid Lie, all blacks look the same.

I pretty much still believe Mark Furman is a racist, although people do change over time. Furman has been treated like a hero ever since the OJ trial. Go figure.

I didn't ask you about Mark Furman...I asked you to defend your labeling George Zimmerman a "racist" in light of what he did for a black man who was beaten by a white man and in light of his mentoring of two black children. Do actions like THOSE sound like the actions of a "racist"? Yet you continue to smear someone with that accusation with nothing to back it up.

It helps to make comparisons, for instance, how do you feel about Bryant Gumbel?

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He's a Racist: Fan's Take - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He’s a Racist: Fan’s Take

While I myself wouldn't have gone as far as Bryant Gumbel apparently did in his closing remarks on HBO's Real Sports—as was reported on Yahoo! Sports—I thought there was a grain of truth to it.

Gumbel apparently said NBA Commissioner David Stern had "always seemed eager to be viewed as some kind of modern plantation overseer treating NBA men as if they were his boys,"

You keep ducking my question, Quick. First it's Mark Furman and now Bryant Gumbel? Kindly explain Zimmerman's prior actions. Why would a "racist" organize a petition drive to protest the beating of a black man by a white man? Why would a "racist" mentor two black children? You've made the charge...now back it up with something that makes sense or retract it.

I personally think that the Martin family should sue the federal government and the "Ad. council" for the years of radio and TV ads featuring McGruff the crime dog advising Americans to do exactly what Zimmerman was doing.

have you seen the prezbos statement on the verdict

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin

President Obama Issues Statement on Zimmerman Ruling - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

I had not seen it. Thanks for posting. It is undeniable that black culture is one of gangs and violence. Don't believe it? Just go by some rap and hip hop. Hispanic culture is loving and nurturing. There are things to be learned. I have absolutely NO confidence whatsoever they will be learned. In my 65 years, I've yet to see it.

your welcome

notice he attempts to lump in justifiable homicide to gun violence

He's a politician.

I didn't ask you about Mark Furman...I asked you to defend your labeling George Zimmerman a "racist" in light of what he did for a black man who was beaten by a white man and in light of his mentoring of two black children. Do actions like THOSE sound like the actions of a "racist"? Yet you continue to smear someone with that accusation with nothing to back it up.

It helps to make comparisons, for instance, how do you feel about Bryant Gumbel?

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He's a Racist: Fan's Take - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Nothing Bryant Gumbel Said About David Stern Proves He’s a Racist: Fan’s Take

While I myself wouldn't have gone as far as Bryant Gumbel apparently did in his closing remarks on HBO's Real Sports—as was reported on Yahoo! Sports—I thought there was a grain of truth to it.

Gumbel apparently said NBA Commissioner David Stern had "always seemed eager to be viewed as some kind of modern plantation overseer treating NBA men as if they were his boys,"

You keep ducking my question, Quick. First it's Mark Furman and now Bryant Gumbel? Kindly explain Zimmerman's prior actions. Why would a "racist" organize a petition drive to protest the beating of a black man by a white man? Why would a "racist" mentor two black children? You've made the charge...now back it up with something that makes sense or retract it.

If things of that nature were so clear, why would people believe an otherwise respectable police officer, Furman, was racist?

Edit: Because it's a murder trial?

People tend to make solid judgments of those involved especially of the defendant.

Last edited:
Now the presentation of awards:

'Best' overall comment--to the poster who said

'Among men there is a code of conduct--don't bring a gun to a fist fight'

something like that

That person is on to something.

cynically thinking that, all involved, from the two parties who started this all the way to the Top and back again somehow manipulated the rest of us.

All the world's a stage

ah--the performances.

no word yet of the forthcoming Lifetime movie--or maybe this trial isn't their sick thing.

maybe LA is already interested.

a 31 yr old actor has died--drugs--a member of the cast of 'Glee'

and what about Justin Bieber's conversation will Bill Clinton

a 2yr old child that suffered traumatic brain injury from a tornado last year and has had extensive surgery is making some progress--grateful for the sanity of those from my high school that post updates on this.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/tripp-halsteads-homecoming/nYp28/

Last edited:
If you are driving in a car behind someone that is driving like they are impaired, would you report that?

We are not discussing blatant criminal behavior. Trayvon showed no signs of that.

Trayvon was a stranger acting suspiciously in a neighborhood which had experienced a string of burglaries.

And he was an unsupervised adolescent. I know I keep harping on that. But, as a single parent, I paid a price career wise to be able to keep my children under my thumb. My future as a master's level nurse was in management. But unless you can be available 24/7you can't be a nurse manager. In the years, I was paying those dues with my children Tenncare opened up the role of NP, and I did better than I ever would as a manger AND had regular hours. When you have children, you sign on for the long haul. You just have to do what you have to do. Letting them carouse around alone at night is NOT responsible parenting of an adolescent.

I can guarantee that he also 'knew' OJ was guilty from the moment he heard anything about the incident.

The white conservatives on this board took Zimmerman's side almost unanimously before the facts were out, and what makes that worse is that now that the verdict is in,

they perversely believe that their wild, baseless, racially motivated GUESS was somehow vindicated.

Ease up on the broad brush there Bozo. MOST conservatives maintained that the police heard the story, interviewed the witnesses and talked to the DA and determined that GZ acted in self-defense. We resisted the liberal lynch mob.

In the end, the police, the DA, and as usual, the Conservatives were right.

Conservatives were right? As usual?

If conservatives were right as usual, Obama would have been removed from office for being a Kenyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back