The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One scenario that I have not heard. What if the neighborhood watchman was black instead of Hispanic and he had to shoot Trayvon Martin with the same reasons?

Justice was served, a kid lost his life, you know nothing of how the Martins feel.

You are a classless POS.

They are POS for trying to railroad an innocent man in order to gain fame & fortune. They knew the truth, they kicked their own son out of the house. He called himself a gangster & he was not just playing around. He bragged about beating the hell out of snitches like GZ. They are a POS!

It was the US government that brought the trial on. The parents are humans that were hurt and have a pain that will stay with them until the day they die. They loved their child like any parent would.

I'm very sorry they're unhappy, but let's be honest. They raised their son to be a violent, "cracker culture" thug. And judging by their behavior, they saw nothing wrong with that. Indeed, their behavior seems to indicate that they were offended by the idea that Trayvon was expected to behave in a more civilized fashion. You reap what you sow, and unhappiness is the harvest for those seeds.

You're painting your ownself into the box you don't want to be painted into.

Think for a sec.

Not sure I get your drift. We all know this was about race. And power. 0bama has made it clear he is not adverse to throwing federal money away. It will happen on this as well.

have you seen the prezbos statement on the verdict

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin

President Obama Issues Statement on Zimmerman Ruling - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

I don't think Trayvon Martin was scared at all that night. He initially walks past Zimmerman's truck...up the sidewalk...then comes back and walks around the SUV? Who the heck does THAT on a dark and rainy night in an area you're not familiar with? What's going through Trayvon's head while he's doing that? It's hard to see him as scared at that point. Even before Zimmerman get's out of his truck it appears that Martin is looking for a confrontation.

I agree again...I think Trayvon was anything but scared that night...scared? No. Very irritated? yes and perhaps even mad about being followed.

I made that case for GZ earlier in June....the going around the truck does not show being scared...it suggests he was sizing him up, imo.

But, on the other hand this hurts GZ also to me, because this is where it is clear to him that the situation is escalated and that this individual is probably not too happy about being followed. So GZs next moves are very important to me here. Tray then runs away up the path, so although tray is not happy he doesnt do anything at this point...he actually runs away and towards his condo (in that direction). GZ exits his truck and then is running after him up the same path on foot. Not a good move, imo. But GZ didnt want to lose him...especially with the cops on the way. But the perception he is now giving to this person he now knows isnt very happen is that he is following without identifying himself.

Where does anyone say Zimmerman ran after him? Making shit up again.
Here's the "child" Zimmerman saw:
politifact%2Fphotos%2Fgame.jpg

FYI.. the guy in the picture is not Martin. He is a 32 year old rapper known as "Game". He did a song with a better known rapper known as " 50 cent" back in 2006.

They are POS for trying to railroad an innocent man in order to gain fame & fortune. They knew the truth, they kicked their own son out of the house. He called himself a gangster & he was not just playing around. He bragged about beating the hell out of snitches like GZ. They are a POS!

It was the US government that brought the trial on. The parents are humans that were hurt and have a pain that will stay with them until the day they die. They loved their child like any parent would.

I'm very sorry they're unhappy, but let's be honest. They raised their son to be a violent, "cracker culture" thug. And judging by their behavior, they saw nothing wrong with that. Indeed, their behavior seems to indicate that they were offended by the idea that Trayvon was expected to behave in a more civilized fashion. You reap what you sow, and unhappiness is the harvest for those seeds.

I don't know if they raised him to be violent or not. I do know he was unsupervised when this even occurred. Having raised two myself, I know that it is imperative that adolescents not be left unsupervised to roam around at night. It isn't safe.

Don't do the drive by.

I am sorely sad and upset about this whole thing today.

It's not a victory.

If you're coming here to do the thing, it's not the right night for it.

After reading what you have been posting, I doubt seriously if you are upset at the outcome here.

vrrrrrrommmmmmm.

Lets hope Zimmerman's life is destroyed since I and a lot of people think he committed murder. Just like OJ, remember.

I hope to God the Martin's sues him, attached themselves to every single penny he makes for life and he looks back on that shooting, not as a NRA victory, but a life changing/destroying night.

Now lets all take a second out of respect for the Martins tonight. Imagine how bad they must feel. Knowing they lost a son fo on damn reason.

Really?

See. Things aren't always as they seem.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Very difficult to establish Jon. There is a protection in the law against such lawsuits called "prosecutorial immunity". Basically, you have to show hatred and ill will which led to bringing charges that they knew were false and fraudulent.

Lets put it this way... I bet not very many attorneys would be willing to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.

Any news on sanctions against the prosecution for discovery violations?

There was incalculable racist hate & ill will that lead the state to charge GZ. It should be easy to prove they knew the charges were false and fraudulent. They had no coherent theory from the start & even changed their theory as the trial progressed.

the state got busted from the inside that is was purposefully withholding

important evidence from the defense

More post verdict media coverage:

This is C.R.A.Z.Y.

Don't they have an economy to fix or something?

Yep, but they don't know how to do that. But they do know how to race bait and stir up emotional responses and keep the public focused on a racist George Zimmerman. It is a way to keep media coverage off of more embarrassing things. And they have a mostly surrogate media quite willing to aid and abet them in that strategy.

More post verdict media coverage:

This is C.R.A.Z.Y.

Don't they have an economy to fix or something?

They're just too damn ignorant to realize that Z was already investigated by the Feds at the beginning of this incident and was found to have not broken any civil rights. Why do they think the FBI was here? They aren't going to bring charges on him for this. He was cleared. Not only that, they won't get him back into a FL court over it either.

All 3 stooges look like they ate a bug now, must be the dread of the impending momma whipping.

Prosecution "disappointed" with George Zimmerman verdict - CBS News Video

I think what they may really be worried about is the hearing that is coming up about the evidence they kept away from the defense. The prosecutors have to answer to that. Not gonna be a great day for them.

Especially now that they fired their IT expert.

I hope this IT expert comes back and takes a big bite out of their collective asses. I think he has the goods on them.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

It took 44 days for him to be. It turned out and as I deduced last year, it must have been because there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. It turns out I was right. I made this prediction to my grandmother and in the last forum I was in. Oh yeah, I didn't start studying to be a paralegal three weeks ago, I started last January.

So, yes I knew. You'd much rather not know, and you would much rather be a troll.

In above you say that it was once you saw he was a political target, you knew he wasn't guilty.

Is that the same reasoning you used to decide that President Obama wasn't guilty of anything in the IRS affair,

the moment you realized he was a political target?

lol

What if there had been someone standing there to report you every time your actions didn't conform with what they thought was normal? Wouldn't that take ALL the fun out of life, not to suggest the killing-yourself-end-result part is fun, I've done that too.

If you are driving in a car behind someone that is driving like they are impaired, would you report that?

We are not discussing blatant criminal behavior. Trayvon showed no signs of that.

Here's the amusing thing about all of this to me...

George Zimmerman is accused of "racial profiling" because he saw a young man acting suspiciously and called the Police to report him.

What Zimmerman described that night...a young man who was "on something" and appeared to be looking in people's windows...is a young man who was only in Sanford because he'd been suspended from his high school because (wait for it...) he was using pot and stealing things.

In reality, George Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon Martin to a T! He was someone who did drugs and he was someone who stole from others. Was he going to steal something that night? Who the heck knows, my guess is no...but as any Police officer will tell you, if a crime is taking place in the community the first place they will look, is for anyone with a history of such crime that's IN the area. It's why you'll hear so many juvenile offenders whining about being "harrassed" by the Police.

You'd have a case to complain about Zimmerman's profiling if if he hadn't been so right in his suspicions. Trayvon Martin wasn't over in Miami going to high school because he'd been trouble. It's hard to call him "innocent" when he's only in Sanford in the first place because he WASN'T innocent.

You're painting your ownself into the box you don't want to be painted into.

Think for a sec.

Not sure I get your drift. We all know this was about race. And power. 0bama has made it clear he is not adverse to throwing federal money away. It will happen on this as well.

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin

President Obama Issues Statement on Zimmerman Ruling - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

I had not seen it. Thanks for posting. It is undeniable that black culture is one of gangs and violence. Don't believe it? Just go by some rap and hip hop. Hispanic culture is loving and nurturing. There are things to be learned. I have absolutely NO confidence whatsoever they will be learned. In my 65 years, I've yet to see it.

From the moment he was arrested you knew he wasn't guilty of anything?

It took 44 days for him to be. It turned out and as I deduced last year, it must have been because there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. It turns out I was right. I made this prediction to my grandmother and in the last forum I was in. Oh yeah, I didn't start studying to be a paralegal three weeks ago, I started last January.

So, yes I knew. You'd much rather not know, and you would much rather be a troll.

In above you say that it was once you saw he was a political target, you knew he wasn't guilty.

Is that the same reasoning you used to decide that President Obama wasn't guilty of anything in the IRS affair,

the moment you realized he was a political target?

lol

Those scandals are irrelevant to this OP. But you can explain to me why the DOJ felt it necessary to send CRS agents to participate in the anti-Zimmerman protests. Did you figure out from that point forward that, "Zimmerman must be guilty!"?

Shut the fuck up Carbine.

For three weeks I watched the George Zimmerman trial, I researched case law, and picked the brains of other posters qualified in the law. From the moment Zimmerman was arrested, I knew he was a political target. And then from that moment on, I knew he wasn't guilty of anything. It took 44 days from the time of the shooting, to the time of his arrest. There were honorable people who actually looked at the evidence, who said they couldn't try him because there was none. People were pressured into taking this man into custody. As was he by the media, this man was also used and vilified by a good many people here. To those I say, you were wrong. To those who thought this was some sort of game: You were wrong. As for those who chose to exploit the pain and grief of a mother and father who lost their child in all of this, you were wrong as well.

You were wrong for making assumptions without base about a man you hardly ever knew. This issue was filled with the disease of racism and politics. Not only did we dishonor the memory of the fallen in doing so, we disrespected the family of the survivor. This entire thing reeked of hatred. Now I must ask you: What if you were the one being falsely accused for defending yourself? What if you became a political target for ruthless persecution and vilification? What does it matter who followed who? To lose a child, you must know pain on a personal level nobody else can imagine.

Throughout this trial, the idiocy of the charges brought against George Zimmerman were clearly revealed. The motivations behind them were made clearer. Yet some of us chose to succumb to the disinformation fed to them by the media and by their party. But now I hope, since Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the due diligence of a jury of his peers and his attorneys, that this serves a lesson to some. Politics can never get in the way of justice. For those of us who thought this was an issue of race. You were wrong. Justice will always prevail.

Which means you believe all the lies that Zimmerman told.

Who is the one believing lies, Snookie? Tis not I.

Then why the question mark?

I had not seen it. Thanks for posting. It is undeniable that black culture is one of gangs and violence. Don't believe it? Just go by some rap and hip hop. Hispanic culture is loving and nurturing. There are things to be learned. I have absolutely NO confidence whatsoever they will be learned. In my 65 years, I've yet to see it.

your welcome

notice he attempts to lump in justifiable homicide to gun violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back