The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

However, Zimmerman didn't say "coons". If he had, the prosecution would have run with it.

Zimmerman is a guy who fights against racial injustice. In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting | The Daily Caller

He's not the racist some people so desperately need him to be.

Sometimes bad things happen. Someone doesn't have to go to jail every time a bad thing happens.

If you can't have an opinion about someone like GZ whether they're racist or not, who can you judge to be racist? There are times when that should matter and the circumstances warrant an evaluation.

Why should I believe that Zimmerman is racist in order to be able to figure out that you are?

I didn't ask anyone to respect ALL my opinions. I was trying to end this endless and tiresome back-and-forth single question. Do you have difficulties in reading comprehension or are you just retarded?

Getting defensive are we? If you don't like the way things are done here, get the fuck out of this thread. It's that simple, kiddo. Do you have a problem with that? Or are you you hard of hearing?

Getting condescending are we? Just because I'm a newb here doesn't mean I'm going to roll-over and die on important questions.

Hi i'm a newbie here too. I'm trying to decide if I should add an opinion in or not. All this swearing is terrible. Why can't we talk with out it? I feel like I got to get a tennis raquet so I can swat the four letter words away from me.

Last edited:
Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

Gotta love Florida. You can stalk a man and kill him and claim "self defense" - but if your a black woman in your own home you'd better just take the beating that's coming to you.

I'm boycotting Florida until they correct their ridiculous laws.

A black jurist that believed in Trayvon would have made any pretending impossible.

First there was a black juror. Second, what if there was a 40 year old "white Hispanic" man on the jury? How would that have flown with you? Why is any other juror superior to what was present in this case? You say he said coons but no person or evidence supports this. Would you consider yourself bias? Do you think you have taken this whole thing to the extreme? The evidence presented in a court of law was interpreted by a jury of his peers that GZ was not guilty of the charges against him. That is really all that matters. Your crack-pot theories are not making you look credible in any light but your own.

How would the families of the victim of a first-degree murderer who has been tried and gotten off by a technicality feel? Would they say the trial was taken to extremes or be satisfied with reasonable doubt?

Gotten off on a technicality is not reasonable doubt. A technicality would be finding the guy driving the car with the dead body in the trunk and the judge throwing out the evidence because the cop didn't read him his rights. Reasonable doubt is the normal standard for obtaining a conviction in any court in the US.

Last edited:
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

Gotta love Florida. You can stalk a man and kill him and claim "self defense" - but if your a black woman in your own home you'd better just take the beating that's coming to you.

Can you boycott this board, perchance?

Getting defensive are we? If you don't like the way things are done here, get the fuck out of this thread. It's that simple, kiddo. Do you have a problem with that? Or are you you hard of hearing?

Getting condescending are we? Just because I'm a newb here doesn't mean I'm going to roll-over and die on important questions.

Hi i'm a newbie here too. I'm trying to decide if I should add an opinion in or not. All this swearing is terrible. Why can't we talk with out it? I feel like I got to get a tennis raquet so I can swat the four letter words way from me.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy.

I used to be bigger on it, but I try to swear as little as possible and think that's the correct attitude to have. Swearing just covers up the issue and makes it harder to think. That's just what we need with such a large event as Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman. Jump right in with anything, I'd say, how can you lose? Valuable comments often come from those that haven't joined in much.

You obvously don't do any research, just mindelssly regurgitate bullshit posted on your FB account.

This woman was having an argument with her husband, left the house, returned and fired a gun through a wall at adult height with her two sons in the room with her husband. The bullet ricocheted and, by the grace of God, did not hit her children. The door was locked. Her husband is on the 911 tape telling her he's leaving, and she replies I have something for you before leaving the house and returning with a gun.

A SWAT team had to extract her after her husband and children escaped.

Think, concentrate--is there a difference?

This woman was not even in the same damn room as her husband. He, with her children, were in a locked room. HOW IS IT SELF DEFENSE? You are an idiot, desperately parroting any bullshit you come across.

First there was a black juror. Second, what if there was a 40 year old "white Hispanic" man on the jury? How would that have flown with you? Why is any other juror superior to what was present in this case? You say he said coons but no person or evidence supports this. Would you consider yourself bias? Do you think you have taken this whole thing to the extreme? The evidence presented in a court of law was interpreted by a jury of his peers that GZ was not guilty of the charges against him. That is really all that matters. Your crack-pot theories are not making you look credible in any light but your own.

How would the families of the victim of a first-degree murderer who has been tried and gotten off by a technicality feel? Would they say the trial was taken to extremes or be satisfied with reasonable doubt?

Gotten off on a technicality is not reasonable doubt. A technicality would be finding the guy driving the car with the dead body in the trunk and the judge throwing out the evidence because the cop didn't read him his rights. Reasonable doubt is the normal standard for obtaining a conviction in any court in the US.

I said OR be satisfied. What you said would make sense if I had said and reasonable doubt. I obviously meant or be satisfied if reasonable doubt had been the outcome and not just a technicality.

You obvously don't do any research, just mindelssly regurgitate bullshit posted on your FB account.

This woman was having an argument with her husband, left the house, returned and fired a gun through a wall at adult height with her two sons in the room with her husband.

I suppose she should should have left the house, returned, waited outside, then stalked him for a bit and then shot him dead, right? Or are you only allowed to do that to people you don't actually legitimately have a beef with?

The bullet ricocheted and, by the grace of God, did not hit her children.
By the grace of God? Why is it only the bullets from black people's guns need the Grace of God to keep from hitting an innocent bystander - while non-blacks can fire as many rounds as off as they like in an inhabited neighorhood and the statistical improbability of anyone of them hurting someone innocent is all that is needed to prevent tragedy?

This woman was having an argument with her husband, left the house, returned and fired a gun through a wall at adult height with her two sons in the room with her husband.

I suppose she should should have left the house, returned, waited outside, then stalked him for a bit and then shot him dead, right? Or are you only allowed to do that to people you don't actually legitimately have a beef with?

The bullet ricocheted and, by the grace of God, did not hit her children.
By the grace of God? Why is it only the bullets from black people's guns need the Grace of God to keep from hitting an innocent bystander - while non-blacks can fire as many rounds as off as they like in an inhabited neighorhood and the statistical improbability of anyone of them hurting someone innocent is all that is needed to prevent tragedy?

Really?

This woman was not even in the same damn room as her husband. He, with her children, were in a locked room. HOW IS IT SELF DEFENSE? You are an idiot, desperately parroting any bullshit you come across.

So non-blacks can stalk someone outdoors and shoot them dead while blacks are required to be in the same room as the person.

Got it.

I said OR be satisfied. What you said would make sense if I had said and reasonable doubt. I obviously meant or be satisfied if reasonable doubt had been the outcome and not just a technicality.

Is that like the 20th poster that has somehow misquoted you? You must need an ESL teacher in the worst way.

Hi i'm a newbie here too. I'm trying to decide if I should add an opinion in or not. All this swearing is terrible. Why can't we talk with out it? I feel like I got to get a tennis raquet so I can swat the four letter words away from me.

Please, give your opinion and try to ignore the foul language. The animals are restless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back