The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the solution on this Frye hearing. Take Z out to the parking lot, bang his head against the pavement and have him yell HELP! Then the machines/software/bullshit/voicestuff will have a direct reference to compare it to and prove/disprove who was yelling Help.

Problem solved.

Next?

Whew... Is anyone listening to the hearing? Owens is up to $70,000 so far and hasn't even testified, trial hasn't started, that's just on his on his TM voice recognition "project", i.e. 700 hours of dicking around with and listening to a tape. He was some guy that just heard about this and decided to jump on board, he has no PhD, he made some software that he sells to recognize voices, West says I think it just turns a voice up really really loud, lol, he's never done screams.

Scathing destruction of this State 70,000 dollar expert. Is this an example of whatcha've got Bernster? Not looking very promising so far.

If, queenie.sullied, the po.it stand-in, gets his/her/its way, maybe they could paint a new logo on the wall of the courtroom.

Something in early Australian kangaroo, perhaps?

Personal opinion aside, Judge Nelson just called State A$$hole on him saying "the defenses witness never even listened to that part of the tape" interrupted and corrected him that they had. She is paying very detailed attention.

Rep to the judge.

Well there ya have it....Opening Statements are Monday morning...here we go.

Court tomorrow starting at 9:30 am about some something or other also.

Imo, that's stalking.

Such thinking is ridiculous.

How the fuck could it be "stalking" to follow around a person you find suspicious in a residential neighborhood some evening?

Words have meaning. Get to know them.

Read the constitution, stupid. Z's rights did not trump TM's right.

That's why there are stalking laws for weirdos like Z.

No no you moron. Reading the Constitution is not enough.

You'd have to have the ability to understand what you're reading. Clearly, you lack such skills.

It is not "stalking" to merely follow someone around in a residential area one evening, when you happen to find that individual suspicious.

Sorry, snoopie, but words still have actual meaning even if you cannot fathom it.

The George Zimmerman trial is coming up quick. The trial is set to begin on 10 June, 2013.

FROM THE AP:
SANFORD, Fla. — A new judge will hear how close lawyers are to being ready for trial in the murder case of a Florida neighborhood watch volunteer accused of shooting an unarmed teenager.

George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder, is not expected to be in court Wednesday for the procedural hearing.

Judge Debra S. Nelson was appointed to the case in late August after an appeals' court found that the former judge made disparaging remarks about Zimmerman's character and advocated for additional charges against him during a bond hearing.

The 29-year-old is charged with shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense and is pleading not guilty.

Penalties for Second Degree Murder

The crime of Second Degree Murder is classified as a First Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 10 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Second Degree Murder, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 16¾ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:

Up to Life in prison.
Up to Life on probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.
10/20/Life

Under Florida's 10-20-Life law, a person who uses a Firearm to commit Second Degree Murder must be sentenced to a minimum-mandatory prison sentence of 25 years. [1]

Defenses to Second Degree Murder

In addition to the pretrial defenses and trial defenses that can be raised in any criminal case, specific defenses to the crime of Second Degree Murder are:

Excusable Homicide

The killing of a human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the following three circumstances:

When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by lawful means with usual ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent, or
When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or
When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune resulting from a sudden combat, if a dangerous weapon is not used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.
Justifiable Homicide

The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if done while resisting an attempt by someone to kill you or to commit a felony against you.

Self Defense

Also known as the justified use of deadly force, self defense is a defense to the crime of Second Degree Murder. Please view the Florida Self Defense section for more information.

:popcorn:

Thank you for the synopsis on what is at stake in this trial.

Assuming that a jury can be found that is entirely impartial and willing to hear both prosecution and defense cases then this case will depend largely upon the veracity of the only "witness" who was at the crime scene at the time. Since that is the person on trial it is going to be interesting to see if he takes the stand in his own defense.

If there is a single juror who is pro-NRA there will be a hung jury and then it will be up to the state to decide if they want to try again. In Florida the odds of this happening are pretty good so this is the most likely outcome in my humble opinion.

However if we assume that the jury is impartial then Zimmerman's credibility will be a crucial factor. In his favor is the lie detector but that can be nullified if the jury is presented with evidence that he is a habitual liar. Given that he lied to the judge earlier during the bail hearings that could count against him.

Personally I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The media circus is already ramping up the volume and that isn't going to help matters because whatever the outcome one group or another is going to be crying foul.

Such thinking is ridiculous.

How the fuck could it be "stalking" to follow around a person you find suspicious in a residential neighborhood some evening?

Words have meaning. Get to know them.

Read the constitution, stupid. Z's rights did not trump TM's right.

That's why there are stalking laws for weirdos like Z.

No no you moron. Reading the Constitution is not enough.

You'd have to have the ability to understand what you're reading. Clearly, you lack such skills.

It is not "stalking" to merely follow someone around in a residential area one evening, when you happen to find that individual suspicious.

Sorry, snoopie, but words still have actual meaning even if you cannot fathom it.

Okay dufus. Is it ok to follow the follower or the follower, follower following the follower who is follower following the follower?

You look and sound like a creep.:razz:

I think what is fascinating about this case is that both sides believe in what they are doing. The defense truly believes GZ...this is different than a lot of cases where you have to believe that the attorney knows their client is guilty but doing their best to either get them off on lesser charges or acquitted for a technicality. Kind of refreshing to watch for a change.

Like the OJ dream team...everyone of those attorneys knew he did it.

The George Zimmerman trial is coming up quick. The trial is set to begin on 10 June, 2013.

FROM THE AP:
SANFORD, Fla. — A new judge will hear how close lawyers are to being ready for trial in the murder case of a Florida neighborhood watch volunteer accused of shooting an unarmed teenager.

George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder, is not expected to be in court Wednesday for the procedural hearing.

Judge Debra S. Nelson was appointed to the case in late August after an appeals' court found that the former judge made disparaging remarks about Zimmerman's character and advocated for additional charges against him during a bond hearing.

The 29-year-old is charged with shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense and is pleading not guilty.

The crime of Second Degree Murder is classified as a First Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 10 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Second Degree Murder, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 16¾ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:

Up to Life in prison.
Up to Life on probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.
10/20/Life

Under Florida's 10-20-Life law, a person who uses a Firearm to commit Second Degree Murder must be sentenced to a minimum-mandatory prison sentence of 25 years. [1]

In addition to the pretrial defenses and trial defenses that can be raised in any criminal case, specific defenses to the crime of Second Degree Murder are:

Excusable Homicide

The killing of a human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the following three circumstances:

When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by lawful means with usual ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent, or
When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or
When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune resulting from a sudden combat, if a dangerous weapon is not used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.
Justifiable Homicide

The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if done while resisting an attempt by someone to kill you or to commit a felony against you.

Self Defense

Also known as the justified use of deadly force, self defense is a defense to the crime of Second Degree Murder. Please view the Florida Self Defense section for more information.

Assuming that a jury can be found that is entirely impartial and willing to hear both prosecution and defense cases then this case will depend largely upon the veracity of the only "witness" who was at the crime scene at the time. Since that is the person on trial it is going to be interesting to see if he takes the stand in his own defense.

If there is a single juror who is pro-NRA there will be a hung jury and then it will be up to the state to decide if they want to try again. In Florida the odds of this happening are pretty good so this is the most likely outcome in my humble opinion.

However if we assume that the jury is impartial then Zimmerman's credibility will be a crucial factor. In his favor is the lie detector but that can be nullified if the jury is presented with evidence that he is a habitual liar. Given that he lied to the judge earlier during the bail hearings that could count against him.

Personally I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The media circus is already ramping up the volume and that isn't going to help matters because whatever the outcome one group or another is going to be crying foul.

Not too many women are pro nra. I wonder if the nra has contributed to Z's defense fund. I wish they would ask him about it.

I think what is fascinating about this case is that both sides believe in what they are doing. The defense truly believes GZ...this is different than a lot of cases where you have to believe that the attorney knows their client is guilty but doing their best to either get them off on lesser charges or acquitted for a technicality. Kind of refreshing to watch for a change.

Mmmm, not both sides, I believe one is in the political spotlight/career changer.
At the beginning, when the judge was ruling against their every motion and then moved them without reason to another space in the courthouse, M O'M walked into somewhere and talked to someone after one such incident, he almost broke down and tears and said "they're going to convict him and he is innocent of this". He does truly believe and he's very committed. West I think is too, but doing his West job. On the other shoe. So far all I've seen roll out of A$$hole's mouth every time he opens it is a$$, today was yet another example the judge actually corrected him on, and the Bernster acts like a gawfawing, "do you have that Twitster, whatever it's called, I don't have that but my wife and kids do HA HA HA" joke on every single juror on the individual questioning. Dude, we know by the 2nd time you said it someone told you it's called Twitter so the 32nd time you said it was just really worn the f out, annoying Used Car Salesman I'm your pal attempt at a joke.

And that is my take on them.

Mmmm, not both sides, I believe one is in the political spotlight/career changer.
At the beginning, when the judge was ruling against their every motion and then moved them without reason to another space in the courthouse, M O'M walked into somewhere and talked to someone after one such incident, he almost broke down and tears and said "they're going to convict him and he is innocent of this". He does truly believe and he's very committed. West I think is too, but doing his West job. On the other shoe. So far all I've seen roll out of A$$hole's mouth every time he opens it is a$$, today was yet another example the judge actually corrected him on, and the Bernster acts like a gawfawing, "do you have that Twitster, whatever it's called, I don't have that but my wife and kids do HA HA HA" joke on every single juror on the individual questioning. Dude, we know by the 2nd time you said it someone told you it's called Twitter so the 32nd time you said it was just really worn the f out, annoying Used Car Salesman I'm your pal attempt at a joke.

And that is my take on them.

One way that bernie acts like a used car salesman is when he asks a question and then barely lets the person finish...then he rearranges what they say in a way to his liking. If it were me Id be like "hey dude, quit rearranging my phrases!"..."I said it the way I meant it"...lol.

Ex State prosecutor "whistle blower" on the evidence hiding that had a "personal" fight on the stand with the Bernster (monetary damages still pending) did not deny on the stand his plans for Seminole attorney office.

If you don't think this case has a ripple effect, massively political angle, rethink this entire trial.

Nobody wants to be the one who fucks up the most publicized trial ever.

Everyone's career (state) is riding on this one.

Last edited:

FROM THE AP:

Up to Life in prison.
Up to Life on probation.
Up to $10,000 in fines.
10/20/Life

Excusable Homicide

Justifiable Homicide

Self Defense

Not too many women are pro nra. I wonder if the nra has contributed to Z's defense fund. I wish they would ask him about it.

That would be irrelevant. And I know plenty of women who are avid shooters and NRA members. We put a lot of rabbit on the dinner table in these parts.

Sorry, I keep having to edit - multi-tasking.

The State vs. = The Government. And I know only too well how they operate. This is a career move for many, a "ticket". Here's my Zimmerman ticket!

In this case, this isn't a promotion or a raise or recognition (Juan, yay! feather in cap, Kelly Seigler, take 'em out girl!) it's a VOTE. A stepping stone and a vote.

This is an agenda trial. So I'm VOTING for fair trial and f all that other sh!t and all those stepping stoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back