The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Obama had a son he'd look like this man...

[ame=http://youtu.be/elzN-4R4HnA]Nanny Cam Catches Crook Breaking Into Home, Brutally Beating Mom In Front Of Daughter - New Jersey - YouTube[/ame]

People carry guns for many reasons. In this case, because he thought he was Wyatt Earp.

We understand that he's allowed to carry a gun. It's not often self defense, however, in a chosen confrontation with an unarmed teenager.

How does someone choose a confrontation when the other person jumps you from behind?

I don't know. I've never followed someone. Nor have I ever been followed. Both people were stupid but only one person KILLED the other. I'm not okay with that. I don't think Zimmerman should get the death penalty but if he gets to walk free after this then that's a damn shame.

How is it a shame for him to walk free when he hasnt committed a crime?

If Trayvon died in a car accident with Zimmerman, that wouldn't necessarily be a crime either. Should he go to jail for it?

Im sorry but I don't see how you can possibly punish someone for defending themselves.

Don't you see the slippery slope that leads down? A guy kills an unarmed minor because of self-defense... what constitutes self-defense? I don't know if I want that being defined by the states. I wouldn't want to raise my kids in a state like that.

Im fairly certain every state allows self defense as a justification defense. You seriously want to raise your children in a state where you don't have the right to protect them or yourself from the threat of serious bodily injury or worse?

As a father, it's my responsibility to be prepared to defend my family.

I don't want my kids finding themselves in a questionable situation, getting stabbed or shot and god-forbid dying, and then have to watch as the killer gets a slap on the wrist and walks away from it. My family will never get to walk away from it.

What happens when your kid is walking down the street, headed to the ballpark, and a van pulls over and a guy gets out and grabs him?

Would you feel okay about your kid cracking him on the head?

Or do you maintain that your child should just allow himself to be bundled into the van?

Or...do you maintain that in the spirit of a *fair fight* your child throw his bat down and just put up his dukes, like a good honorable victim should?

How does someone choose a confrontation when the other person jumps you from behind?

Besides which, people HAVE A RIGHT to confront other people, if they think the other person is up to no good. I have a right to ask a suspicious person in my neighborhood "What are you doing?" or even "Where do you live?"

They don't have to answer, that's their right.

But they don't have the right to physically attack me because I asked. And that's what Martin did. When he did that, it doesn't matter whether or not Zimmerman initially sought contact...Zimmerman still had a right to defend himself.

There is no evidence of that.

Except the wounds on Zimmerman, Trayvons bruised knuckes, the eye witnesses etc.

Don't you see the slippery slope that leads down? A guy kills an unarmed minor because of self-defense... what constitutes self-defense? I don't know if I want that being defined by the states. I wouldn't want to raise my kids in a state like that.

Im fairly certain every state allows self defense as a justification defense. You seriously want to raise your children in a state where you don't have the right to protect them or yourself from the threat of serious bodily injury or worse?

I don't want my kids finding themselves in a questionable situation, getting stabbed or shot and god-forbid dying, and then have to watch as the killer gets a slap on the wrist and walks away from it. My family will never get to walk away from it.

Then teach your children not to attack people.

Old School is telling us that he thinks that people who think differently than he does should be thrown in jail, regardless of whether or not they've committed a crime.

He couldn't have said it any clearer.

The schools in this country laguish under the same code of ignorance....

If you're being bullied, and you turn on the bully and kick his ass...guess who's in trouble?

That's right. You. Because you should just take your whuppin and do nothing about it. And if you do defend yourself, you should have the decency to lose the fight. Or else.

I'm 28 and it is crazy how much things have changed. While I was in elementary school I got into two fist fights, both resulted in bloody noses and lips. Each I was suspended for a few days.

I have a little brother 8 years younger, he got into a fight and the Sheriffs arrested them both and served a few days in YDC and probation for months.

I think it is bizarre. It used to be boys being boys, now it is boys being criminals.

I don't know. I've never followed someone. Nor have I ever been followed. Both people were stupid but only one person KILLED the other. I'm not okay with that. I don't think Zimmerman should get the death penalty but if he gets to walk free after this then that's a damn shame.

If Trayvon died in a car accident with Zimmerman, that wouldn't necessarily be a crime either. Should he go to jail for it?

Im sorry but I don't see how you can possibly punish someone for defending themselves.

Excessive force. Martin wasn't the one walking around with a gun. Zimmerman was. If both were at fault for starting the situation only one is at fault for finishing it. And he should try his best to atone for what he did.

No it's NOT excessive, if he was down on the ground getting the shit knocked out of him...which is exactly what was happening.

Well, raise your damn kids right. I'm going to pray you don't have any.

What happens when your kid is walking down the street, headed to the ballpark, and a van pulls over and a guy gets out and grabs him?

Or do you maintain that your child should just allow himself to be bundled into the van?

Or...do you maintain that in the spirit of a *fair fight* your child throw his bat down and just put up his dukes, like a good honorable victim should?

Let's forget for a second that this ridiculous scenario is nothing at all like the one the Zimmerman trial is about... so I can have fun with this metaphor :cool:

I'd be COMPLETELY okay with my kid cracking the attacker on the head. But I wouldn't defend the attacker if he then shot and killed him of course. :cuckoo: Grown ups should know better than that :cuckoo:

See, we have all these people pissing and moaning who have NEVER been hit, who have no idea what the hell a fight is like.

It isn't a tea party. You are scared, and you are desperate, and if you are getting hit in the head, trust me, you are having your consciousness messed with. You are dazed, you may be briefly unconscious, you may feel consciousness slipping away. And when that happens (and if you are on the ground, it's happening) then you realize you are running out of time.

When you are on the ground, and someone is hitting you in the head, and you have a gun...any normal human being is going to use the gun. Because they are going to be afraid that they are going to die if they don't..either from what is being done to their head...or by their own gun when they lose consciousness.

Excessive force. Martin wasn't the one walking around with a gun. Zimmerman was. If both were at fault for starting the situation only one is at fault for finishing it. And he should try his best to atone for what he did.

You don't have to have a gun to put someone in a life threatening situations. Nor are we able to make a judgment of what was excessive at the time.

Well, raise your damn kids right. I'm going to pray you don't have any.

Go fuck yourself! :up:

Let's forget for a second that this ridiculous scenario is nothing at all like the one the Zimmerman trial is about... so I can have fun with this metaphor :cool:

I'd be COMPLETELY okay with my kid cracking the attacker on the head. But I wouldn't defend the attacker if he then shot and killed him of course. :cuckoo: Grown ups should know better than that :cuckoo:

Whatever. You're a smug elitist prig. Let's hope you never have to defend anyone, because whoever you're responsible for is going to be in a world of hurt.

Again, and apparently this is really difficult for you to understand, Zimmerman had a broken nose, two black eyes and several lacerations on the back of his head.

Trayvon had, as the autopsy revealed, bruises on his knuckles and a gunshot wound.

The question is: was it self defense.

Concentrate real hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back