The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your rep but.........

Defense made sure everyone knows that "DD" is learning disabled and unable to keep her story 100% straight between interviews and depositions and courtroom testimony.

However, it is not clear that jury thinks she is lying about the primary testimony that Trayvon Martin was not the aggressor.

Eyewitness ( speaking Spanish with translator ) testifies that the person who stood up after the shooting was on top at the end of the " fight".

Earwitness claims that only one voice was screaming for help and that she did not hear anyone say " You gonna die tonight mothafuckah".

Cell phone company manager has insignificant testimony about the phone records that night.

Prosecution exhibited child-like understanding of social media.

One member of the jury passed away. Cause of death: Intense boredom.

thank you.

would you say that the defense or the prosecution had a 'good day'...

I think the defense went too long with "DD".....and may have lost the advantage that they had built yesterday. The fact that they still want her available makes me think that they do not feel that the jury will discount her testimony. At times, it seemed that West wanted to humiliate her.

The Spanish speaking witness helped the prosecution. The impression I got was that the dude who survived the fight was the one who was on top. Not consistent with the head bashing theories.

The prosecution was exceedingly anal when examining the earwitness. She got exasperated......and that makes me think the jury did as well. But she discounted the claim that someone said " you gonna die tonight mothafuckah"...which hurt the defense.

Overall....a slight edge for the prosecution. IMO.

Defense made sure everyone knows that "DD" is learning disabled and unable to keep her story 100% straight between interviews and depositions and courtroom testimony.

However, it is not clear that jury thinks she is lying about the primary testimony that Trayvon Martin was not the aggressor.

Eyewitness ( speaking Spanish with translator ) testifies that the person who stood up after the shooting was on top at the end of the " fight".

Earwitness claims that only one voice was screaming for help and that she did not hear anyone say " You gonna die tonight mothafuckah".

Cell phone company manager has insignificant testimony about the phone records that night.

Evidence to your claims, please.
TIA

All over the place........turn on your television.

I don't see how the prosecution loses. If Zimmerman leaves the vehicle; he's no longer standing his ground--especially if he's going looking for Martin.

If the Prosecution can put Zimmerman outside of his vehicle, Zimmerman cannot claim castle doctrine. So that is it for his case.
Is it not allowed for a watchmen to leave his vehicle or post for surveillance purposes, and this within the community he was charged to watch by that community ? Just asking... I am not sure what his job contained as far as surveillance goes, or what he was supposed to do when saw a potential suspect at night in the rain walking, and especially if said suspect looked suspicious all by his limited training he had in this respect. I think it was a perfect storm that came together possibly, of a miss-identification on both the individuals parts upon who exactly it was that either person was dealing with that night. The case should be studied for future do's and don'ts in a situation like this, and it sure will shed a better light on how such a watch program is badly flawed, thus placing two individuals at odd's with each other, when they should have never been at odd's with each other to begin with.

What he is supposed to do is stay in his vehicle and not follow or confront suspects but report them to the police and wait for the pollice to take care of it.

The 'suspect' did nothing wrong. An unarmed citizen walking in an area he had every right to be in, minding his own business ends up dead for what? For us to learn a lesson about what to do and not to do? What lesson does the unarmed private citizen learn? Don't leave your home after dark? Don't walk to the store? Don't spend time outside though you don't feel like going right inside?

The lesson here is for vigilante types to stop it. For neighborhood watch people to follow the rules and recommendations and let the police handle problems. For people to stop running around with guns wanting to be heros. WTF did he think he needed a gun for?

If he had done what he was supposed to do, that young man would still be alive.
There can be lessons learned for all in such a case, and especially in such a situation that became the perfect storm for both individuals that night, and anyone that doesn't learn is purely ignorant of how miss-identification and quick assessments can sometimes be wrong, wrong headed, and misleading for all parties involved. I understand your thinking, but I also understand how confusion and mayhem can take over peoples minds in an instant, where as what you think something is, it really isn't, and when you think it isn't then it really is.

Sad situation is what this is for everyone involved (especially these parents), and my heart goes out to all who have learned some hard lessons in these things. It's just sad that a person has been killed as a result of such confusion and wrongheadedness found in such a situation as this was that has happened.

Last edited:

thank you.

I think the defense went too long with "DD".....and may have lost the advantage that they had built yesterday. The fact that they still want her available makes me think that they do not feel that the jury will discount her testimony. At times, it seemed that West wanted to humiliate her.

The Spanish speaking witness helped the prosecution. The impression I got was that the dude who survived the fight was the one who was on top. Not consistent with the head bashing theories.

The prosecution was exceedingly anal when examining the earwitness. She got exasperated......and that makes me think the jury did as well. But she discounted the claim that someone said " you gonna die tonight mothafuckah"...which hurt the defense.

Overall....a slight edge for the prosecution. IMO.

Rep for "earwitness" ?

Nevermind. I'm well into the iou's :)

Ditto on your assessment. But... there's something to come.

Last edited:

TIA

Reading television is impossible.

Factual hard copy is a way to form one's own ideas rather then emote opinion.

Links please.

I don't see how the prosecution loses. If Zimmerman leaves the vehicle; he's no longer standing his ground--especially if he's going looking for Martin.

If the Prosecution can put Zimmerman outside of his vehicle, Zimmerman cannot claim castle doctrine. So that is it for his case.
Is it not allowed for a watchmen to leave his vehicle or post for surveillance purposes, and this within the community he was charged to watch by that community ? Just asking... I am not sure what his job contained as far as surveillance goes, or what he was supposed to do when saw a potential suspect at night in the rain walking, and especially if said suspect looked suspicious all by his limited training he had in this respect. I think it was a perfect storm that came together possibly, of a miss-identification on both the individuals parts upon who exactly it was that either person was dealing with that night. The case should be studied for future do's and don'ts in a situation like this, and it sure will shed a better light on how such a watch program is badly flawed, thus placing two individuals at odd's with each other, when they should have never been at odd's with each other to begin with.

Well said. Both were irresponsible in decision making that night. Trayvon paid for his with his life and GZ should pay for his with some time behind bars.
Might be the way it ends, but we all should hope for justice to prevail no matter what, and not some vigilante justice or vengeance that is looking for a fall guy to nail to the stake of media justice, political justice or biased justice in order to just satisfy those looking for red meat to chew on in usury there of, and this instead of seeking after righteous justice just as it should be sought after always in every case that is dealt with like this in America and/or this nation.

TIA

They shut my cable off for lack of payment. Please help me :(

Certainly makes the case against every bozo having a gun stuck in his pants.

If we're gonna allow just anyone to carry a loaded gun, we need to require it be in plain sight.

I dont mind carrying in plain sight. Wouldnt mind carrying a sword in plain sight either. but Im a geek like that.

When you listen to Zimmerman calling the police and the police officer on the phone telling him not to pursue Martin; it's game over in my mind. It's on the Wiki page about the incident.

If the police tell you not to do something and you do it and what you did results in the death of another, you're in a heap of trouble and you should be. They are the law enforcement authority and its as simple as that.

Now...all that being said; Zimmerman is being charged with murder, right? Not wrongful death...murder. Does what Zimmerman do rise to a murder conviction? I think so but I can see where the prosecution may be over-reaching with the murder charge.

zimmerman having a gun may have saved his life. Unfortunately, it also ended Trayvons. It wasn't necessary.

thank you.

Today was owned by the defense.

I've called it to report car accidents, I always get "911, police fire or EMT?" immediately...

Is this a discussion that really needs to be had? He was talking to the Sanford police department during the now-infamous transcript we're all so familiar with.

I can't even get a clear answer to whether or not the fella called 911. More commonly I hear that he called a "Sanford police non-emergency number."

Third time asking... Can anyone even confirm that he dialed 911?

This conversation is taking place because the TM diehard fans are claiming that Zimmerman was given an 'order' to stop following. He was not. The person simply said, 'we don't need you to do that.' And then the tape validates that he slowed down and stopped.

I was wondering. Thanks for clearing it up. The ride was going around and around and I was about to puke.

This case is definitely pukeable. And I mean that from both sides~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back