The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a story. True, too.

I was about 16, close to 17. My boyfriends friends girlfriend hung out with us all the time. She was a quiet little thing but for some stupidly idiotic reason, I didn't like her. Maybe I was jealous of her. Hell, I dunno. I just didn't like her. Then one day I said I was gonna beat her ass. She never said a word. Just sat there all quiet. To me and my idiotic mind, that was permission to continue my assinine behavior. So I made it a point to always tell her I was gonna beat her ass.
One day we were all at the pizza parlor and I said my usual stupid shit and I guess she had had enough. She said "lets go outside. I am so very tired of hearing this. Come out and beat my ass then". So I get up, acting all bad ass and go outside where she commences to beat the living tar out of me. As I sat in the alley, which was very wet from rain, dazed, I saw before me a hand. When I looked up to see who that hand belonged to, it was her. I reached back, and she raised me up, brushed the hair out of my face, then tried to dust off the wet goop from the alley...and I reciprocated. She said "let's shake, forget this, and be friends now, ok?" and I said I would be honored.

I learned a lesson that day. Lots of lessons, actually.

Don't pick on people you think are weaker than you.
Being a bully is being idiotic.
Do not go in wet alleys. They stink, lol.
Hands that reach out to you are sometimes friendly hands.

You mean a man should lay there and get pummeled?

Oddly the appropriate response is to pummel back. Then when the fight is over shake hands. That's the way we used to do it.

This is very interesting.

They pummel each other equally with the same amount of wounds that GZ shows in the photos, right after the fight.

After they are done they shake hands.

Trayvon goes home. His Father sees him all messed up.

What would Mr Martin do at this time?

Tell you what I would do.

I'd call the police about the adult that beat up my minor.

Assault of a minor.

What's better. Assault of a minor in self defense, or killing of a minor in self defense?

Did Zimmerman even KNOW Martin was a minor or 17 years old? OR was all he was seeing was someone suspicious so he followed due to past burglaries, then got jumped, then got his head banged, then shot him all without knowing he even killed the guy. He didn't KNOW until he was told Martin was dead.

Don't know about some of y'all, but I damn sure don't plan to do the time out sign and ask whomever is beating me up how old they are, their race, their sex or even why they are beating me up. If I have a gun, I'm gonna shoot that sucker...and I don't care if it's a tall heavyset 14 year old.

Question for TM advocates:

If it could be shown that GZ did not stalk TM and that he did not initiate the physical conflict, would you still want GZ convicted?

No. IMO the negligence was chasing his suspect in the rain at night. I'm a hunter, you don't go after a living thing while armed unless you intend to shoot it. Negligent homicide.

Question for TM advocates:

If it could be shown that GZ did not stalk TM and that he did not initiate the physical conflict, would you still want GZ convicted?

If GZ would have stayed in his truck, I would be in his camp 100%. Leaving the truck gave the logical perception that he was stalking and following to the person being followed.

If at some point GZ identified himself...I would be more in his camp. Even to Trayvons death, that kid still didnt know who this man was.

I dont think GZs intentions were bad...I think the perception he gave off was bad. The bad part for GZ with me is that he knew it and continued.

He is the very reason that cops do not tell private citizens..."okay you go that way and Ill go that way...we will meet in the middle and catch this bad guy"...they advise you to stay away and wait for them...he didnt do it and he knew better...he had the training and the knowledge...he didnt use it.

So we are left with the exact reason why "we dont need you to do that". A dead teen and a man on trial for defending himself and public divided and outraged.

Last edited:
Did Zimmerman even KNOW Martin was a minor or 17 years old? OR was all he was seeing was someone suspicious so he followed due to past burglaries, then got jumped, then got his head banged, then shot him all without knowing he even killed the guy. He didn't KNOW until he was told Martin was dead.

Don't know about some of y'all, but I damn sure don't plan to do the time out sign and ask whomever is beating me up how old they are, their race, their sex or even why they are beating me up. If I have a gun, I'm gonna shoot that sucker...and I don't care if it's a tall heavyset 14 year old.

in the dispatch call zimmerman said he looks like he is in his late teens

when asked

Oddly the appropriate response is to pummel back. Then when the fight is over shake hands. That's the way we used to do it.

They pummel each other equally with the same amount of wounds that GZ shows in the photos, right after the fight.

Assault of a minor.

What's better. Assault of a minor in self defense, or killing of a minor in self defense?

Who said anything about self defense?
I'm responding to...
Oddly the appropriate response is to pummel back. Then when the fight is over shake hands.

when asked

Which could also indicate 18 or 19.

Assault of a minor.

Who said anything about self defense?
I'm responding to...
Oddly the appropriate response is to pummel back. Then when the fight is over shake hands.

Pummel back means hit and or fight back in self defense.

when asked

Or even early twenties.... it was dark in the rain... he had a hoodie on.

when asked

Correct...late teens is what he said. Thats the problem with following in the dark...sometimes your suspicions are wrong...stay in your truck.

Last edited:

when asked

yes i was merely posting what zimmerman said when questioned by dispatch

In this context, I'm defining man as a person that would not have had to kill the teen to disengage in the fight with the teen.

What should a "man" do to disengage a fight with the teen????

First, he should have some training in fighting, so that when he's in a fight he does not have to kill someone to defend himself. If he has no training... stay in the truck. Went out anyway? ok just push him off. Tell him the cops are on the way.. and walk away. He had the ability to scoot them to the sidewalk then off again but not the ability to disengage? I can think of dozens of ways. Elbow, knee or fist to the groin. Thumb to the eye socket. There's a good spot just above the clavical that you can press your thumb on and move him back. There's acting like a crazy guy. All he had to do was stay disengaged for a couple min the cops were on the way.

So because GZ could not fight, he is guilty?

Most people can't fight & most fight training is a marketing gimmick to fleece money from suckers. I grew up in a very rough area. Fighting, guns, & knives a way of life & was the entertainment on a Saturday night. Karate black belts, mean green killing machine Marines, etc came through trying to prove their manhood. There were those of us who could fight & those who could not. Most of the could-not's were the trained cocky, mouthy idiots. Then there were the ones like me who never started a fight or swung first but won every one & rarely got hit at all in the entire fight.

The trained mouthes all had something to prove as most bullying thugs do. My High School Principal could not believe all the fights I was in & claimed I did not start any of them. So I made an agreement with him that I would (snitch) let him know who & when some bully said they would kick my ass next. He made it a point to be watching me when the next couple of fights started & one included me knocking out a teacher who jumped on my back during a fight & I thought it was another thug. The teacher was furious, but the principal told him to STFU & patted me on the back.

By the time I was 17 I had beat several 30 & 40 year olds into submission. I probably fought 50 times by the time I was 20 years old. But only a inhumane fuck-up would beat someone who was not fighting back, begging for help or retreating. The laws are clear on that fact as well. If you are going to act as an inhumane animal toward another then you deserve to be killed like the inhumane animal you are.

TM was a drug dealer, thief & bully. Beating the hell out of snitches was his standard MO. He was a cocky fuck who bragged about repeatedly beating snitches because their bloody nose did not bleed enough the first time. His friends pleaded with him to stop beating people before he got into serious trouble. But TM could not control himself. I have known his type of personality most of my life. GZ did the right thing taking out this piece of trash.

Last edited:
Well, I don't care if it is an early teen or a late teen. They jump on me and begin to make me see stars and I happen to have a gun, they are going to see stars and never return. Period.

12 year old girl gangbangers carry box cutters around to bully others. BOX cutters! And some of those 12 year olds look like they are in their 20's and are just as big.
In short...hit me or swing at me and I have a gun? You are dead.

IlarMeilyr said:
And your spin is ridiculous in light of the evidence. The victim WAS engaged in criminal behavior (pummeling the defendant) at the time that GZ allegedly found it necessary to defend himself.

Since when did neutralizing a stalking, armed menace become a criminal act? Martin was defending HIMSELF but lost the battle to do so when Z shot him. undoubtedly, Z was acting irrationally or Martin would never have responded at all and there would have been no confrontation. If YOU were Martin what would you have done if a strange person rapidly walked up to you and chased you , probably with a gun in his hand. Granted, Z probably never had the intent to shoot Martin initially and the gun was likely supposed to be for intimidation. At some point M and Z got close enough that a confrontation ensued. We can't take Z's word for anything that happened so we don't know when he pulled the gun or whether he had it out the whole time.We don't know what happened except what the physical evidence shows and the testimony of one person reflects.. And the possibility that evidence and witness testimony
might be flawed or tainted is fairly high.

You still haven't explained how the broken nose you claim Zimmerman had fits into your theory that Zimmerman had his gun out and shot MArtin before he could do anything.

Provide the permalink where I made such a correlation and I will address it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back