The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone please explain to the locusts.... er u.... newbies, that rep messages are automatically generated by the forum software.

Sunshine is your AV a personal photo? The lady in your avatar... she just does not fit your posts. It's nice and all but it just doesn't fit ya. No offense.

How can you not recognize Betty Page?

I suspect you may not be as old as you would have us imagine.

a14a3862-bbfc-4f80-95eb-4a7d1416d266.jpg

Whoa.

I am not sure that TM should be taking his eternal rest.

This case remains a tragedy.

I am convinced, however, that GZ deserves an acquittal. The "evidence" of his "guilt" is pathetically weak. By stark contrast, the evidence in support of his defense of justification is quite strong. The only just result is an acquittal.

True dat baby.

It is a tragedy. That's the heart of it.

The problem is that we can't convince liberals that "it's a tragedy" doesn't mean "a crime was committed, and someone must be punished".

Sometimes, things just suck, and that's that.

Right there it states he is a white male. Did the media make that up?

it does not matter what it states. media posted his photo - and he clearly is NOT white.

so they invented a moronic term "white hispanic" instead

Geez, I can't believe there is still an argument over the fact that Zimmerman was listed as "white".

Hispanics are considered caucasians, and caucasians are "white" - so he is white.
Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race, so he is Hispanic White.

And Obama is Black/White so he could list himself as either, but chooses black, looks more black than white, but he would not be wrong if he called himself "white".

On the US Census, there is no 1/2 white 1/2 black.

According to the old classification system, Zimmermans single black grandparent makes him black, in fact even if it was a great grandparent, GZ is black.

All this begs the question; why is the pseudo-science of racial analysis still being used when it has been discredited for more than 50 years now?

Races are ethnic constructs and not based on speciation or anything else related to biological sciences.

There is someone on here who thinks DUMBrown is flirting with me. I think he is just whoring for rep that is positive. Since all the whining didn't work. And he can't post a lucid point on the topic. But, you've been around me for a while. You and others know I can't be bought! Right now, I'm just watching. And waiting. :evil:

What would I do with rep? What possible worth would rep be to me? Can I cash it? Did it do our friend Ernie any good?

Dum? That's right ma'am I'm dum compared to you. Locust? Yeah I'm just like that a bug under your feet. Noobie.... lol I suppose in stark contrast to you yes. Whining? If you didn't want a response you would not bother to negg me so many times. Lucid ... you can't even read my posts yet, your anger over the matter is so over the top you can't even make out what I'm saying half the time. Bought? Not gonna happen, ma'am. I'm not buying.

Watching and waiting.. ok yeah that's spooky.

She's a really nice person...I believe you are overreacting here brother. I have only witnessed her being extremely nice, cordial and respectful of everyone in her path. She defies the laws of empathy to be blunt...shes awesome!!

I assume you are using satire...

I learned a long time ago that in any communication between two people there are always two sides. We all have a different vocabulary, we all have a different set of experiences. One person could swear like a sailor and not mean anything by it. Another could be poking out of fun. Still another, could be using satire that is not recognized. Others may have poor writing skills, such as myself.

But in all these communications, one thing I learned a long long time ago... that I believe is appropriate in this case:

When you are new around an established group of people, some of those people, esp. the established elders / leaders will tend to be very ... defensive toward the new person poking around their group.

This is a natural tendency. So in a very raw sense, she has the right to point out my foibles to her group.

Last edited:
Whoa.

I am convinced, however, that GZ deserves an acquittal. The "evidence" of his "guilt" is pathetically weak. By stark contrast, the evidence in support of his defense of justification is quite strong. The only just result is an acquittal.

Yeah, unless there's some way to change this to invol. manslaughter I just don't see it. But, then again I thought OJ was guilty so who knows.

The jury has the power to consider lesser charges if they don't think second-degree murder has been sufficiently proven, as I understand it. However, I really don't see any conclusive evidence that ANY crime was actually committed, with the possible exception of Trayvon assaulting George, and Trayvon is rather beyond the reach of human justice.

Whoa.

True dat baby.

The problem is that we can't convince liberals that "it's a tragedy" doesn't mean "a crime was committed, and someone must be punished".

Exactly.

With one arguable exception (a poor effort at wit during opening), the defense has done fine.

With very few exceptions, the prosecution has done miserably.

Those are just the facts.

The defense messed up big allowing GZ on the stand at the bail hearing & on the Hannity show. M O'M was with GZ both times. Prior to the trial I figured GZ was toast with this lawyer. But he was very good in the trial.

The prosecutions case was the joke I knew it would be. So now the best they can hope for will likely be a hung jury as long as the defense keeps GZ off the stand.

I also questioned the legal wisdom of allowing his client to discuss the facts of the case with a news outlet (Hannity may not be a reporter per se, but the cable network he appears on is a news outlet).

In retrospect, however, it might have been brilliant. It got the stupid prosecutors to play it on THEIR case and this MIGHT permit GZ to avoid the pitfalls of testifying at his trial. No cross.

There are explanations for why the prosecutors did so terribly. The best explanation is that such shit happens when you "bring" such a ridiculous case in the first place. Blame Angela.

GZ had already told his story. He gave 5 hours of taped statements to police & managed the rare feat of not crucifying himself with that. For GZ's lawyer to allow him to talk anymore was suicidal. GZ is a complete wreck after shooting TM, half the country is blaming him, losing his job, freedom, friends, family, house, etc. Only a fool would let the prosecution tear into him in that condition. There was no case, but the prosecution can invent one out of donuts receipts & GZ saying the wrong thing to many times.

Would someone please explain to the locusts.... er u.... newbies, that rep messages are automatically generated by the forum software.

Sunshine is your AV a personal photo? The lady in your avatar... she just does not fit your posts. It's nice and all but it just doesn't fit ya. No offense.

How can you not recognize Betty Page?

I suspect you may not be as old as you would have us imagine.

a14a3862-bbfc-4f80-95eb-4a7d1416d266.jpg

Uhmm Nice pics of Betty Page on the internet. Betty is old enough to be my great grandmother. I'm only 49 and 11months...

And if Rachel Jenteal REALLY thought he was "a couple houses away" then why did she testify that she wasn't worried about Trayvon getting in a fight because he was close enough that his Dad would come help him?

Jeantels testimony does not put him back in the safety of his condo. I have stated before that jeantel contradicts her own statement by saying she heard things in the background and then in her next sentence says she doesnt think he was home but a couple of doors down...or that she thought he was near his home...near does not mean IN.

So what were these voices in the background? People standing outside in the rain talking a couple of doors down?

I believe that Rachel is trying to deflect her not taking the "fight" serious enough that eventually killed her friend. She passed the buck to a father and noises in the background as being able to help him.

She says father because she knew that Tray was close to home, which I agree, compared to being all the way back at the store...he was! I think he was a building down. Officer

What her testimony does do...is put Martin a good distance away from Zimmerman. Whether he is at the condo or halfway back...he's eluded the man who was following him. So at THAT point...who's fault is the confrontation? Zimmerman is on his way back to his SUV to meet the Police. He has no idea where Martin is. He has no way to spot him in the darkness. This is over... Zimmerman goes back and meets the Police. The Police take a cursory look around the gated community and probably leave without even filling out a report. Trayvon Martin gives the Skittles to his step brother. That's what WOULD have happened if Martin hadn't made the decision to seek out Zimmerman.

As for Rachel Jenteal's testimony? Let me ask you this, 25? If getting into a fight was something that NEVER happened with Trayvon Martin...don't you think that his friend would have been concerned about the "creepy assed Cracker"? Especially when she knew that Trayvon had approached him and there was some kind of scuffle? Yet she doesn't do ANYTHING when she can't get him on the phone. Doesn't call the Police. Doesn't call the condo where he was staying. She seems nonplussed. She goes to bed seemingly without a care. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that unless fights were something that happened with regularity with Trayvon Martin.

Good stuff, oldstyle...really good stuff. I agree completely with both paragraphs.

In the last paragraph, you have the relationship pegged...thats right she went to bed without a care...thats why I believe she embellishes a tad with the voices and the father...she didnt hear voices in the background...she couldnt have...he wasnt in the condo...there were no witnesses on the sidewalk and GZ was at least a building away still.
Thats all I was trying to say about her testimony...its why I dont give any credence to it.

As far as Trayvon being a fighter and that she was probably used to it? I agree again, she came from a rough neighborhood and I think he did too. Plus, in hindsight you can see all of his texts about guns and drugs and the bleeding...so I get all that...hell, I have made the case against him with those facts.

But if he were alive and had just been shot and badly wounded, I am trying to give his retort to GZs own words...like how I would see him making his case. That is all I am doing. I try to use as much logic as I can based on the tapes I have seen and GZs own words.

Thanks for responding respecfully...this was a good post by you...logically thought out in its entirety...and I appreciate that. Thats rare in here.

RKMBrown, you are a gentleman. Said it before. Decided to say it again.
And yes. The dynamics of board life is what you said. All boards are like that. But you are no longer that new, buddy. And I consider you a friend.

True dat baby.

Exactly.

For all we know, TM did get what he deserved. My belief is that he initiated a fight and was very violently beating GZ. And a man doesn't scream like that if he's not in some serious danger.

What would I do with rep? What possible worth would rep be to me? Can I cash it? Did it do our friend Ernie any good?

Dum? That's right ma'am I'm dum compared to you. Locust? Yeah I'm just like that a bug under your feet. Noobie.... lol I suppose in stark contrast to you yes. Whining? If you didn't want a response you would not bother to negg me so many times. Lucid ... you can't even read my posts yet, your anger over the matter is so over the top you can't even make out what I'm saying half the time. Bought? Not gonna happen, ma'am. I'm not buying.

Watching and waiting.. ok yeah that's spooky.

She's a really nice person...I believe you are overreacting here brother. I have only witnessed her being extremely nice, cordial and respectful of everyone in her path. She defies the laws of empathy to be blunt...shes awesome!!

I learned a long time ago that in any communication between two people there are always two sides. We all have a different vocabulary, we all have a different set of experiences. One person could swear like a sailor and not mean anything by it. Another could be poking out of fun. Still another, could be using satire that is not recognized. Others may have poor writing skills, such as myself.

But in all these communications, one thing I learned a long long time ago... that I believe is appropriate in this case:

When you are new around an established group of people, some of those people, esp. the established elders / leaders will tend to be very ... defensive toward the new person poking around their group.

This is a natural tendency. So in a very raw sense, she has the right to point out my foibles to her group.

Like I said...shes awesome...no complaints here. And again, I definitely see the motivation behind your last sentence :). Lower the hammer and then pucker up...I get it.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Exactly.

For all we know, TM did get what he deserved. My belief is that he initiated a fight and was very violently beating GZ. And a man doesn't scream like that if he's not in some serious danger.

If GZ was a man... I don't think we'd be talking about this.

Like I said...shes awesome...no complaints here. And again, I definitely see you motivation behind your last sentence :). Lower the hammer and then pucker up...I get it.:eusa_angel:

No. I don't think you do. I'm not puckering up. I gain nothing from what I said other than getting it off my chest. Just the opposite, she'll probably negg me for what I said, and it would be deserved. What I said was for you, and to get it off my chest, not her.

Probably wasting my breath, you appear to be playing some video game. Some day you may be the leader / elder of a group... maybe then you'll understand... or not. The world is not out to get you... there is no win here.

You mean a man should lay there and get pummeled?

I believe he's subscribing to the lowbrow notion that a "man" is a violent thug who beats people bloody, rather than using a gun to defend himself. In this particular calculation, Trayvon Martin, as portrayed by the defense counsel, would be a "real man", rather than the trashy, uncivilized brute most civilized people would view that portrayal to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back