The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there are some circumstances that would warrant it. To save my family from bodily harm for instance by some one commiting a crime against me.

What if you are your families provider & caretaker & allowing yourself to be killed will harm them greatly?

It would harm them if he was killed. Hence, self protection. BUT...was it? All in due time, we may find out. Maybe.

I would never shoot him. We are all brothers and sisters.

I've been in quite a few fights and some were pretty gnarly but I never resorted to a weapon to defend myself. That's the way I am and what I believe.

If or when you won those fights did you continue to beat the hell out of or kill the other person?

Do you think TM had the right to do that?

I like Snooks. So sorry one whiner wants to try to say otherwise.

Well then you accuse those you like of being racist...no problem. Just making an observation...you are well within your right to accuse those you like of being racist...point is you did.

When you stop, I stop. This is yet another lie uttered by you.
Two. Vanna, may I have a three?

I'm not sure there will be a civil case. The judge for that might allow little Tampon's past to be brought in, and momma and the baby-daddy wouldn't like that.

I agree the rules are more relaxed in a civil trial, they alreayd got their HOA settlement and this is the big show.

Did you talk to your wife about the Team Tampon monster she created. Lol

Yeah. She just shook her head and said "What am I going to do with you". :lol:

I hit the thread and choked myself on your av. Almost had to have a Heimlich.

I agree the rules are more relaxed in a civil trial, they alreayd got their HOA settlement and this is the big show.

Did you talk to your wife about the Team Tampon monster she created. Lol

Yeah. She just shook her head and said "What am I going to do with you". :lol:

I hit the thread and choked myself on your av. Almost had to have a Heimlich.

Well, look at it this way, the whites won't have to fight the blacks. The Hispanics are here to do all our other dirty work! Now they can do this too. :evil:

bn4dah7ccaayxlf.jpg-large.jpeg

They could lick my cream:evil:

You have been very angry since...George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why - ABC News

Just sayin'

Wherein are you deducing anger? Try again.

MollyWest is foolish. These proceedings from the prosecution AND the defense are embarassing to watch. And it's a shame because one guy is dead and the other may face life because it's such a joke of a trial.

Snooks...if you were armed and a guy pounced on ya and began to beat your brains on the sidewalk, would you take time to ask him if he were armed...or would you use your weapon to shoot him to get him off you? Let's say he is 17 but in the tussle, you aren't sure of his age. All you know is he is taller than you and pretty damn strong to get on top of you and begin to pound.

What would you do?

I've been in quite 3ca few fights and some were pretty gnarly but I never resorted to a weapon to defend myself. That's the way I am and what I believe.

Snooks...if you were armed and a guy pounced on ya and began to beat your brains on the sidewalk, would you take time to ask him if he were armed...or would you use your weapon to shoot him to get him off you? Let's say he is 17 but in the tussle, you aren't sure of his age. All you know is he is taller than you and pretty damn strong to get on top of you and begin to pound.

What would you do?

I've been in quite a few fights and some were pretty gnarly but I never resorted to a weapon to defend myself. That's the way I am and what I believe.

That begs a few questions.

First we have yet to hear from the defense so: Did you have a weapon? Were you a victim of an attack or just in a fight? If attacked and your attacker went for your gun how can you know what you would do?

I've been on the end of having a weapon and ready to use it against my attacker. I didn't need to, but so help me I would have if I felt I couldn't get away.

Operative words: we have yet to hear from the defense.

I think the anticipation orrrr dread maybe making some people a little cray cray.

Last edited:
MollyWest is foolish. These proceedings from the prosecution AND the defense are embarassing to watch. And it's a shame because one guy is dead and the other may face life because it's such a joke of a trial.

With one arguable exception (a poor effort at wit during opening), the defense has done fine.

With very few exceptions, the prosecution has done miserably.

Those are just the facts.

And if Rachel Jenteal REALLY thought he was "a couple houses away" then why did she testify that she wasn't worried about Trayvon getting in a fight because he was close enough that his Dad would come help him?

Jeantels testimony does not put him back in the safety of his condo. I have stated before that jeantel contradicts her own statement by saying she heard things in the background and then in her next sentence says she doesnt think he was home but a couple of doors down...or that she thought he was near his home...near does not mean IN.

So what were these voices in the background? People standing outside in the rain talking a couple of doors down?

I believe that Rachel is trying to deflect her not taking the "fight" serious enough that eventually killed her friend. She passed the buck to a father and noises in the background as being able to help him.

She says father because she knew that Tray was close to home, which I agree, compared to being all the way back at the store...he was! I think he was a building down. Officer

What her testimony does do...is put Martin a good distance away from Zimmerman. Whether he is at the condo or halfway back...he's eluded the man who was following him. So at THAT point...who's fault is the confrontation? Zimmerman is on his way back to his SUV to meet the Police. He has no idea where Martin is. He has no way to spot him in the darkness. This is over... Zimmerman goes back and meets the Police. The Police take a cursory look around the gated community and probably leave without even filling out a report. Trayvon Martin gives the Skittles to his step brother. That's what WOULD have happened if Martin hadn't made the decision to seek out Zimmerman.

As for Rachel Jenteal's testimony? Let me ask you this, 25? If getting into a fight was something that NEVER happened with Trayvon Martin...don't you think that his friend would have been concerned about the "creepy assed Cracker"? Especially when she knew that Trayvon had approached him and there was some kind of scuffle? Yet she doesn't do ANYTHING when she can't get him on the phone. Doesn't call the Police. Doesn't call the condo where he was staying. She seems nonplussed. She goes to bed seemingly without a care. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that unless fights were something that happened with regularity with Trayvon Martin.

Hispanics are considered caucasians, and caucasians are "white" - so he is white.
Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race, so he is Hispanic White.

And Obama is Black/White so he could list himself as either, but chooses black, looks more black than white, but he would not be wrong if he called himself "white".

On the US Census, there is no 1/2 white 1/2 black.

what a bunch of horseshit :rolleyes:

Nope. As I have repeatedly tried to tell you (and others) the defense has exactly NO BURDEN WHATSOEVER to show that any injury was life threatening.

That is not a requirement of the justification defense. Never was and still isn't.

First off..yeah..he does have a burden to show why he thought it was reasonable to kill an unarmed human being not involved in criminal activity.

This is not self defense..per se..this is murder.

The defense HAD the burden of going forward. The STATE did that FOR the defendant.

The burden then goes right the fuck BACK to the State. And THEY are obliged by law to disprove the defense of justification once raised -- beyond a reasonable doubt.

And your spin is ridiculous in light of the evidence. The victim WAS engaged in criminal behavior (pummeling the defendant) at the time that GZ allegedly found it necessary to defend himself.

Well it's not ridiculous at all.

In any case, people who own guns and like to carry them around should be a bit nervous because this will shed light on exactly how dangerous that is, in Florida.

If Zimmerman walks it will mean at any time and any place an unarmed person can be shot for almost any reason at all.

And so long as they are killed, the killer will get away with it.

I never mentioned anything about anyone being banned. I dont know what you are talking about. But since you bring it up ...it is you who has bragged about who you have gotten banned....bragged about it, threatened with it. Im not blinded by your message board rep power, sunshine.

You would do better to stay on the trial and have a take for a change instead of just demeaning every point of view that isnt in lockstep with yours.

Are you now threatening that you know who owns this message board? Really?

Put the crack pipe down. I have never claimed I was a psychologist. And I have explained that to you in detail before. There is no way to know which wall you are going to bounde off of regarding this case. If anyone wants to know what was in testimony they can't rely on anything you have posted, that's for sure.

Did [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] really brag about who she got banned? Is this true sunshine?

Petey, stop making baseless allegations in the form of your fraudulent "questions," you moron.

Damn. You are truly hostile to honesty and integrity, bodeceaPeteyZona.

Would someone please explain to the locusts.... er u.... newbies, that rep messages are automatically generated by the forum software.

Last edited:
Snookie,

You may not have resorted to a weapon because you didn't have one. Are you a registered gun owner? I am and my husband is. I no longer carry because I haven't gone shooting in awhile, but I still keep up my carry permit. I haven't been in practice for about 3years and that's too long for my comfort. But DH carries 18/7 and is ready to use his weapon responsibly.

Just because you wouldn't use a weapon doesn't mean it is not reasonable for another person to deem it necessary. The question here is whether it is reasonable. Not really what you specifically would have done. At least that's how I see it.

I can say a person acted reasonably, even if it may not have been my choice. I can see reason without personalizing it. We all have individual limitations but there is also another standard by which we can understand another person's actions. I think that's what this trial is all about, ultimately, if we are to put ourselves in the place of the jurors.

Aside from our own personal convictions, as a "virtual" juror, we need to look at the circumstances and decide if GZ acted in a way a reasonable person would act. Not in a way that we would act. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back